New Depth Chart

Advertisement
Surprised to see Artie starting at one of the corner spots. As others have mentioned, I can't believe Jamal can't crack the line-up over Fentress. That is an indictment on Carter more so than an endorsement of Fentress.

....Or its just an indictment on Golden. Carter is better than Fentress without a doubt.

Yes, because we were playing two high safety, 30 yards away from the l.os. against nebraska. I dont care how good you are. No one can play great with that much open field.

Because the defensive alignments have changed now players are playing better.

carter should have the opportunity to be put in a role that best fits his skill. Id love for us to use him like carroll does chancellor.

So again, its an indictment on the coaches for not finding away to get carter on the field.

If they werent so busy trying to force crap onto the players theyd get him on the field. period.

Absolutely.

It's amazing the lengths these Golden lovers will go to defend him. We're weak at a certain spot? It's an indictment on the kid or due to the lingering effects of the cloud.

We've entered Don Bailey Jr merry-go-round land.

Jesus Christ, are the kids beyond reproach?

When the **** do people starting holding THE PLAYERS ON THE FIELD accountable?

No one is saying that the coaches don't **** up. There's plenty of tape and screen shots to support that, but why is it always so easy for folk to say, "so and so isn't developing...coaches suck"

Sorry homeboy...but it's a pattern. At SOME POINT YOU HAVE TO HOLD THE COACHES ACCOUNTABLE FOR A LACK OF PLAYER DEVELOPMENT.

Deon Bush
Corn Elder
Artie Burns
Ladarius Gunter
Tracy Howard
Denzel Perryman
Raphael Kirby
Jermain Grace
Darrion Owens
Thurston Armbrister
Tyriq McCord
Ufomba Kamalu
Anthony Chickillo
Calvin Huertelou
Courtel Jenkins
Olsen Pierre
Trent Harris
Chad Thomas

All of those guys are playing well right now.

Are you trying to tell me that those guys are the outlier and Carter is the mean?

STFU stupid you sound like an idiot.

You sound like an idiot to be honest.

Those guys are playing well? Under what context? Don't talk to me about playing "well" against ****ty competition. Most of the guys you mentioned above are defensive players.

Talk to me about the 4,393 yards we gave up rushing to Nebraska.

The only stupid person here is you. We've just beaten two teams that have almost 10 losses combined between them. Pump the brakes.

No such thing as progression I guess. A unit can't be better than it was 5 games ago or even three games ago against GT. UNC isn't a good team but the offense was supposed to do whatever it wanted to. It didn't. We saw this defense get worse as the year went on last year. It has gotten better this year. Every week will be referendum on them because of how bad they sucked in the past but pretending like players like Antonio Crawford who couldn't tackle Wake Forest players last year isn't better is such agenda driven nonsense. Artie Burns is so much better than he was even against Nebraska. Confident. All that ability is starting to show up.

Surprised to see Artie starting at one of the corner spots. As others have mentioned, I can't believe Jamal can't crack the line-up over Fentress. That is an indictment on Carter more so than an endorsement of Fentress.

We all know this staff if full of jokes just like their coaching ability. This will cant be the starting line up, wonder if they thought about throwing chick over their weak center and rush Chad and McCord?

Advertisement

....Or its just an indictment on Golden. Carter is better than Fentress without a doubt.

Its crazy because Carter was putting in a ton of work all off season. Hope we don't waste the kid, he should be a killer.

No. It's an indictment of the corches who can't get anything out of talent like Carter.

Absolutely.

It's amazing the lengths these Golden lovers will go to defend him. We're weak at a certain spot? It's an indictment on the kid or due to the lingering effects of the cloud.

Actually its amazing that this depth chart has gotten so many people riled up when they saw this two Saturdays ago with the tackles. You guys needed it in writing to realize that we're thin at tackle?

Fentress isn't taking Carter's snaps. He is taking Crawford's. Reducing Dallas Crawford's snaps has helped. Moving Gunter to safety on pass downs has been good too. Fentress is the run down safety with Bush. He gets removed for Gunter on pass downs and Carter and Crawford get sprinkled in. You want to see more Carter tell Deon Bush to stop playing so well.

Exactly, why the **** is Fentress the run down safety instead of Carter! I like Gunter moving to safety on passing downs so we can have our other CBs on the field. The only reason you are saying Fentress isn't taking Carter's snaps is because of what the depth chart says, and that's what I don't like.

Favoritism definitley going on, Fentress is one of D'onfrios favorite players on the team. I give him props, b/c he is one of those guys always giving 100% and you won't notice him for giving up the big play. I really hate seeing him on the field though, he makes everything easy to read for the offense. He is so slow that whenever he had deep middle coverage earlier this year he was lined up 20+ yards down the field just telling the opposing team what we are running. Carter had some rough games early when it came down to open field tackling, but just like the whole unit he has improved over the season. I just don't see fentress being that much better in run support to start and I don't see how this university still has a safety in the starting lineup that is coverage liability.

You guys do know Herb started the last 2 games right? And Artie started all year and Fentress has started since Nebraska?

Carter isn't a single high safety, he's played a lot better backing up Bush the past few weeks but Fentress has played fairly well this year.

Advertisement

No. It's an indictment of the corches who can't get anything out of talent like Carter.

Absolutely.

Actually its amazing that this depth chart has gotten so many people riled up when they saw this two Saturdays ago with the tackles. You guys needed it in writing to realize that we're thin at tackle?

Fentress isn't taking Carter's snaps. He is taking Crawford's. Reducing Dallas Crawford's snaps has helped. Moving Gunter to safety on pass downs has been good too. Fentress is the run down safety with Bush. He gets removed for Gunter on pass downs and Carter and Crawford get sprinkled in. You want to see more Carter tell Deon Bush to stop playing so well.

Exactly, why the **** is Fentress the run down safety instead of Carter! I like Gunter moving to safety on passing downs so we can have our other CBs on the field. The only reason you are saying Fentress isn't taking Carter's snaps is because of what the depth chart says, and that's what I don't like.

I'm saying it because of what Bush does in the defense. You could envision Carter being that guy.. Not to mention Carter is not a good tackler. He wasn't good against Nebraska and Arkansas State. He wasn't good in the fall camp videos either. On the coaches to get him there but the walkon gets people on the ground. Always has. Even when he was strictly a special teamer.

**** the depth chart. Just keep playing who you've been playing and keep doing what you've been doing on defense. Nuff said.

Favoritism definitley going on, Fentress is one of D'onfrios favorite players on the team. I give him props, b/c he is one of those guys always giving 100% and you won't notice him for giving up the big play. I really hate seeing him on the field though, he makes everything easy to read for the offense. He is so slow that whenever he had deep middle coverage earlier this year he was lined up 20+ yards down the field just telling the opposing team what we are running. Carter had some rough games early when it came down to open field tackling, but just like the whole unit he has improved over the season. I just don't see fentress being that much better in run support to start and I don't see how this university still has a safety in the starting lineup that is coverage liability.

Jimmy Johnson had favorites too

Advertisement
They all rotate in and out the game so it really doesn't matter who starts.

Sleep on Fentress if you want, he's always around the ball.

too bad his faves were good and his coaching was phenomenal. but i feel you.

Advertisement

Whats your point?

Advertisement
Back