Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
I was working when word broke of this lackluster hire.

Should the tournament calendar for the rest of the year go ahead? | Talk  Tennis

Marshall was 12th in defensive touchdowns last season?

Remember when the Canes defense (and ST) would score on the regular?

Boner….

EDIT: 12th in defensive TDs , not 12 TDs. Still, good!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Alabama hired Pete Golding after a 2 year stint at UTSA, before that he was a CB coach at SoMiss and DC at Southeastern Louisiana.

Miami hires Lance Guidry after a 1 year stint at Marshall, before that he was a S coach at FAU and DC at Southeastern Louisiana.

Fun.

Advertisement
Advertisement
FYI I completely disagree about letting a coordinator have carte blanche with his staff, btw. You let him have input, and you give input, you collaborate, and of course you don't get in his way with silliness, but you absolutely under no circumstances turn over half the coaching staff decisions to an underling, ever. Especially if that underling came from Marshall and probably has a quarter of the coaching connects you do.

That's not how it w

This should alleviate buyout discussions for the next 20 minutes. By 5pm we will have wasted millions paying Marshall for the guy they fired.
Possibly make up the 500K in salary difference between Steele and Guidry. If not year one, then year two. Guess is Steele was paid more than Guidry will initially see.

Advertisement
No problem mane. ****, I have no clue how good or bad their Offense was, I just hate ND. Anybody that will stick they foot in ND's ***, is cool by me.
I had no clue their defense was that good either. Marshall is completely off my radar.

So... based on how fast this happened and how slow the OC hire is going, can we also assume that Gattis was going to be the play caller next year but for the unforeseen circumstances?
No. According to @Cribby and the other insiders. Gattass was gone as early as Nov.

Advertisement
Back