Confirmed New DC is Lance Guidry

Advertisement
He's fielded good defenses at these lower schools let's see if it translates. Risky hire but let's see if it works

Just looking at points allowed is impressive for their schedule last year. Pitching a shut out in today’s game is hard.

Even more impressive when F+ has the Marshall offense as the 120th ranked offense in the country last year.

Marshall basically just came out, took three kneel downs and punted and said, “good luck defense.”

Advertisement
#1 3rd down conversion def
#9 1st down defense
#6 INT forced
#27 PYPG
#19 red zone defense
#5 rushing defense
#16 total sacks
#22 TFl
#5 in TO Created
#8 total D
#6 scoring D

Pressure on the QB all ******* day
Numbers great but we know first hand that we should dig deeper to see. Not saying he’s bad or good i just don’t know enough

actually impressive considering how sudden the Steele move happened. apparently a good hire by reviews so im good lets roll (TBH, i dont think he flopped on the D staff last year either)

I do believe Mario knew Steele was done.

If you go back to things that Cribby and others have said, there were coaches on the staff who got tired of grinding by mid-season. Steele seems like the most tired of the bunch.

Advertisement
This is a good hire, and it’s proof that Mario is willing to go outside his comfort zone. It’s not some rehash he coached with a million years ago or a guy who just got canned at his last job.

LCE aka @Memnon had his name on a list all the way back in November. Not sure if he didn’t have him in his top 5 in his January list update since he just took the Tulane gig but seems to have his backing which makes it a-ok with me.
I thought of @Memnon, as well. Wasn't sure if he was the one who brought him up or someone else. This is an exciting hire.

Looks like he can coach. My concern right now is his staff. Who are his guys?

Is he going to be surrounded by guys who have already proven they know how to recruit at this level? Or is he bringing in his preferred group of 5 staff?

Advertisement
Over It Abandon Thread GIF

Peace out
I told y'all. Doesn't matter who we hire. People will *****.

Advertisement
Let me preface this by saying he should be allowed full autonomy regarding hiring defensive assistants.

BUT….if there was any interest to keep DVD and give him an “on field” position while learning under Guidry (natural DB guy by trade)…this would fit the bill.

Again, let Guidry make the call…but it could be done. Especially if Addae is gone.

Bring me those Louisiana inroads.

Advertisement
Back