Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

Sounds a little like our DC

Feels like the 2nd time around here there’s a focus on staff cohesiveness which is easier if you can offer them the compensation to keep them around as well

I feel pretty good about it not gonna lie
I think its starting to click for MC. He's learning to let others do what they do. This bodes well for keeping Guidry and others. This staff is shaping up nicely. I like the no name guys on the come up. Lets get it.

Advertisement
He's a Perry Eliano disciple, which means he learned from one of the best.

Plus he's an Outsider, that lets me know he's all business & working his way up to become a P4 CB's Coach.

Such a breath of fresh air actually reupholstering the Secondary room with dudes who actually know wtf they're doing & not just hiring people just because of where they're from or where they may have played at one point in their life.

"fLoRidA TiEs!" is so fckin overrated.
I might have missed it but werent you going to do a full breakdown on Chevis Jackson? Interested to hear your perspective on the overall 2024 group coaching the secondary and thoughts on if we are headed in the right direction.

well bring ya *** back to dade county lol

Working on moving to central Florida <fingers crossed>.
Been here often these last few years as wife has a place in the area.
I like it that is roughly in the middle of state, close to soFla but also relative close to
both coasts.

Advertisement
He's a Perry Eliano disciple, which means he learned from one of the best.

Plus he's an Outsider, that lets me know he's all business & working his way up to become a P4 CB's Coach.

Such a breath of fresh air actually reupholstering the Secondary room with dudes who actually know wtf they're doing & not just hiring people just because of where they're from or where they may have played at one point in their life.

"fLoRidA TiEs!" is so fckin overrated.

Reuphostering, huh?
Lovely word usage there, Memnie.

Last edited:
UM ig finally announced him lol

1708550497137.png

Advertisement
Am I right to feel like these hires mean Mario has more confidence in Guidry to let him bring in his own team?
Mario has as much trust in Guidry as anyone you’ll ever see on one of his staffs. That’s why I was confident it would be a Guidry guy replacing Addae. Apparently he thinks a lot of Chevis, he was the guy most expected and that’s before Addae was officially gone.

I told everyone Addae was trash from the get-go....

Wish we hired Fran Brown back then but I understand why Mario did it.

Having lost TRob to Bama a week before and then McClendon to UGA, he needed to squash the narrative that Miami was a farm system to the SEC and hiring Rutgers would have done nothing to dissuade that.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Guidry will always have his hands on the safeties. Just like Mario with the OL
Right, but I’d rather have CJ just focus on developing corners than both positions, especially reading that he’s very technical about attacking the ball in the air instead of mirroring the WR.

Advertisement
Back