Official New DB Coach, per Canesport (*Official, 2.21*)

Advertisement
A lazy hire would've been bringing back DVD or hiring some dude with "lOcAL tiEs!" just because he's from FL.

Guidreaux being a Safeties Coach & potentially bringing in his guy who ran the Corners speaks volumes to what he wanted for that room.
It seems that the local ties bs is finally over with Mario. Having them is a positive but it definitely shouldn't be a massive factor like it was in the past. KB has local ties but that's not the reason he got the job, he got it because he's a **** good coach and recruiter.

Todd Hartley was hired from Marshall and became a great recruiter for Richt here and now at UGA.
Jackson looks like a good coach and a young guy who can relate to recruits. Can’t wait to see him put in the work here.

This is a great post and I will add that Hartley may not have been acquiring 5 star talent to Marshall but he was nabbing lots of kids from Georgia and the Carolinas, and they were very athletic with good size for that school.

The little midget Blostein over at Noles 247 thinks Nebraska’s South Florida success was because of this dude they just hired.

Can’t wait until he has to look through the windows while Randy and Novell are banging at some poor kids door trying to get in.
he will definately help with the down south kids....if thats there targets but HOMESTEAD is basically out of town to the northern part of the county where we target

Advertisement

405576F1-F935-47DA-91B6-8A20E8C0CB4A.jpeg

Pronounced Mani-Shevis…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Haven't read through the entire thread, but a few thoughts:

• Addae was almost let go last year. I was told in November he wouldn't be back this year and they gave him time to find another role. He was never coming back and him leaving was not his choice. Whether that is warranted or not is up to the reader, but that's the truth of his situation.
  • At the same time I was told Addae was leaving, I was told to watch for Chevis Jackson, so I looked into him. (Also, the person who told me these things scored some rep bucks for the future with me)
After I was told the name, I looked into him a bit and asked around to the people that are actually around the game (I live in Springfield, MO so any info I have is always from someone else).

He likes aggressive press-man and teaches it well. Players who have that type of skill set will do well under Jackson. He coaches his CB's to disrupt and make things difficult on the receiver. As opposed to a mirror type of coach who has players react etc. This is why his CB's get a lot of hands on balls, because they are aggressive in disrupting timing etc.

This is the archetype of player that he was. Aggressive press-man type CB. His desire is to have his CB's make plays on the ball when it's in the air. What coach doesn't? Well, a coach like Vic Fangio etc. doesn't. That type of coach is looking to prevent explosive plays and force an offense to execute all game. Jackson's style will give up some double-moves, so penalties etc.

As a recruiter, he will gravitate towards longer, rangier CB's. His personality is one that kids seem to be drawn to. He has some recruiting in his background at a MAC school, which is more of a "work ethic" type level where things aren't easy.

Didn't get much on his evaluation history or skills other than the above "drawn to players who play like he did."

Finally, I was over-the-moon with the Guidry hire when we got him. As such, I believe in his ability to bring in coaches who mesh with his defense and he wanted Jackson almost immediately (which is how I heard his name so quickly). That makes this seem like a pretty good hire, with some minor questions on how he will recruit at this level. After the hire was announced I got a text that LSU was absolutely trying to hire him and he decided he wanted to be elsewhere. Which tells me Miami has been working on him for a while now, but that's me putting things together and not actual reporting or anything.

Feels like this staff is being assembled as a sum of its parts staff that will work together better, rather than the mercenary group of 2022.

Recruiting is for sure important but i think with nil its easier, if u got a big bag these jits gonna listen. So get guys that can develop and sell kids on a plan to get them to their max potential and to play at the next level

After I was told the name, I looked into him a bit and asked around to the people that are actually around the game (I live in Springfield, MO so any info I have is always from someone else).

He likes aggressive press-man and teaches it well. Players who have that type of skill set will do well under Jackson. He coaches his CB's to disrupt and make things difficult on the receiver. As opposed to a mirror type of coach who has players react etc. This is why his CB's get a lot of hands on balls, because they are aggressive in disrupting timing etc.

This is the archetype of player that he was. Aggressive press-man type CB. His desire is to have his CB's make plays on the ball when it's in the air. What coach doesn't? Well, a coach like Vic Fangio etc. doesn't. That type of coach is looking to prevent explosive plays and force an offense to execute all game. Jackson's style will give up some double-moves, so penalties etc.

As a recruiter, he will gravitate towards longer, rangier CB's. His personality is one that kids seem to be drawn to. He has some recruiting in his background at a MAC school, which is more of a "work ethic" type level where things aren't easy.

Didn't get much on his evaluation history or skills other than the above "drawn to players who play like he did."
Good news for Damari

Advertisement
Mario isn’t going to bring in a guy that he doesn’t think can recruit. If Jackson has the NIL support, he’ll have no problem recruiting here. He seems to be a good developer and teacher as well. Love this as a potential hire

Advertisement
Haven't read through the entire thread, but a few thoughts:

• Addae was almost let go last year. I was told in November he wouldn't be back this year and they gave him time to find another role. He was never coming back and him leaving was not his choice. Whether that is warranted or not is up to the reader, but that's the truth of his situation.
  • At the same time I was told Addae was leaving, I was told to watch for Chevis Jackson, so I looked into him. (Also, the person who told me these things scored some rep bucks for the future with me)

Finally, I was over-the-moon with the Guidry hire when we got him. As such, I believe in his ability to bring in coaches who mesh with his defense and he wanted Jackson almost immediately (which is how I heard his name so quickly). That makes this seem like a pretty good hire, with some minor questions on how he will recruit at this level. After the hire was announced I got a text that LSU was absolutely trying to hire him and he decided he wanted to be elsewhere. Which tells me Miami has been working on him for a while now, but that's me putting things together and not actual reporting or anything.

Feels like this staff is being assembled as a sum of its parts staff that will work together better, rather than the mercenary group of 2022.
ACC refs are salivating at the thought of all the PI calls they'll be able to make against Miami next season

Advertisement
Back