New Commit - 2018 LS Clay James

Advertisement
Advertisement
its amazing how much an LS can ***** up a game... all i can hope is that he gets the job done for us!!!

Advertisement
As good as my teams were in hs, our freaking long snapper was the only one to make it to the league....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
As good as my teams were in hs, our freaking long snapper was the only on to make it to the league....

Our team was the first team to make it to the playoffs in 10 years and the only 1 senior to go d-1 got the scholarship to long snap for USF.

Sent from my N9519 using Tapatalk

Clay James (247 | offer | Rubio LS | hudl | Twitter) Preferred Walk-on
[PLAYER]1030[/PLAYER]

C4-it-FWIAE-y9S.jpg

Hurricanes Offer Long Snapper Walk-On Spot

Miami might have found its long snapper of the future.

Cocoa's Clay James picked up a preferred walk-on spot from the Hurricanes on Sunday after working out for special teams coordinator Todd Hartley.

"I got the offer I wanted," James said over the phone.

"What [Coach Hartley] basically told me is that they have a 2019 scholarship, and if I was a 2019 guy, I would have got a full ride, but he said that I can come in as a member of the 2018 class and be a preferred walk-on. So I would pay for the first semester and then when [current Miami long snapper Jordan Butler] graduates in December I would have his spot in January or later in the summer if he takes longer for some reason."

It might be asking a lot for James to pay some tuition up front, but the nation's No. 19 ranked long snapper per Rubio Long Snapping says that he is more than interested in the Hurricanes.

"Definitely," he said when asked if he's going to consider Miami moving forward. "As soon as we work out the financial situation there, I'm probably going to commit to Miami and be done with recruiting."

6/11/17 Offered preferred walk-on
7/13/14 Commits!

Still with the copyright infringement. Guess you want the owners of this site to get sued.

Advertisement
[PLAYER]1030[/PLAYER]

C4-it-FWIAE-y9S.jpg

Cocoa's Clay James picked up a preferred walk-on spot from the Hurricanes on Sunday after working out for special teams coordinator Todd Hartley.

"What [Coach Hartley] basically told me is that they have a 2019 scholarship, and if I was a 2019 guy, I would have got a full ride, but he said that I can come in as a member of the 2018 class and be a preferred walk-on. So I would pay for the first semester and then when [current Miami long snapper Jordan Butler] graduates in December I would have his spot in January or later in the summer if he takes longer for some reason."

It might be asking a lot for James to pay some tuition up front, but the nation's No. 19 ranked long snapper per Rubio Long Snapping says that he is more than interested in the Hurricanes.

"Definitely," he said when asked if he's going to consider Miami moving forward. "As soon as we work out the financial situation there, I'm probably going to commit to Miami and be done with recruiting."

7/13/14 Commits!

Still with the copyright infringement. Guess you want the owners of this site to get sued.

Its not paid material.

Advertisement
[PLAYER]1030[/PLAYER]

C4-it-FWIAE-y9S.jpg

7/13/14 Commits!

Can't wait to see gator tears when they realize our long snapper went back in time and committed like a boss

Most of you guys are probably too young to remember our season opener against UF in 1987. I think the final score was something like 31-4. The only points we gave up were on safeties from bad punt snaps by Willis Peguese. Willis was primarily a DE, but he had the snapping duties too. He made two terrible snaps that led to safeties, and that was the only scoring that day for the Gator.

e had a stifling defense that gave Kerwin Bell fits and shut down Emmit Smith. I think we might have sent Kerwin Bell to the hospital two years in a row so badly did we beat him up. Danny Stubbs, in particular, gave Bell fits.

I wish I could find a shorter video with just the scoring highlights. An odd game with an odd score, to say he least.

If you want to see old-time Miami defense that was stifling, you can sit back and enjoy this game.

[video=youtube;IrMGyTDTgIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrMGyTDTgIw[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back