New coach & appeasing our fan base

Brooklyndee

We ****** or wut
Premium
I've been trying my best to keep any comments to myself. But I gotta mention just one simple thing... I played for this university from 95-97. I love butch as a man & a coach. He truly is amazing & a genius on motivating his players & getting the most out of us. However it really seems like you forget our fan base spent all of 95-99 complaining about butch as a horrible game day coach. Constant complaints that he couldn't beat fspew or vtech. All the way until the 99-00 season that was a constant. Personally I would love to see butch come back home but I can't help but think how far off our fan base is with some of these opinions. #1the one mandatory thing in most eyes is we need a coach who can unite both the fan base & our alumni. Who knows our history & embraces it. Fact here is the best coach for all of that is chud. Chud is amazingly thought of & loved by everyone that matters. He's an offensive genius & would put together a who's who of a staff. Everything you can dream of you would have with chud even more so than butch. #2 thing that kills me is all these geniuses opinions about mario.yes it's a given mario was eventually fired at fiu by pete. It's also a given he created fiu football. He made a team with no resources & no history relevant. They beat some good teams & he recruited some players who never would've came near there otherwise. If you give mario the history & resources that he would have here he could conceivably do some amazing things. My one concern with mario is he is very pig headed. He can be tough to get along with & keeping that in mind I'd be concerned about the staff he could put together... #3 have you all not learned about these quick hit coaches who have no history & no link to our family. Was al golden not enough for you to learn we don't want a coach of the moment. We want lineage. So that means no to Herman or fuentes. I want a um man running shopping who embraces pro set & embraces a 4-3 attacking d. If that's not where were headed than I'm concerned.

Advertisement
Butch had his supporters...

In '98, my son received his acceptance letter from Miami (music program). He was hesitant, mainly because of the football team. I had a lot of faith in Butch, because I saw what he was building. I boldly said to my son, "Miami will play for a national championship before you graduate." My son chose wisely.

We all know what happened.

Yes, our fans are impatient, but they're not quitters. Just look at the activity on this message board. We have our differences, but we all love the school.

All the more reason Butch is the pick. He knows, really knows he has to win or we will turn on him.

#2[ thing that kills me is all these geniuses opinions about mario.yes it's a given mario was eventually fired at fiu by pete. It's also a given he created fiu football. He made a team with no resources & no history relevant. They beat some good teams & he recruited some players who never would've came near there otherwise. If you give mario the history & resources that he would have here he could conceivably do some amazing things.

It's also a given he created Temple football. He made a team with no resources & no history relevant. They beat some good teams & he recruited some players who never would've came near there otherwise. If you give Golden the history & resources that he would have here he could conceivably do some amazing things.

NEXT!

have you all not learned about these quick hit coaches who have no history & no link to our family. Was al golden not enough for you to learn we don't want a coach of the moment. We want lineage.

Two of the three coaches from the UM Dark Ages - Coker an Shannon - were UM guys. The three best coaches in UM history had absolutely no ties to UM before being hired. This is a worthless prerequisite.

Advertisement
I've been trying my best to keep any comments to myself. But I gotta mention just one simple thing... I played for this university from 95-97. I love butch as a man & a coach. He truly is amazing & a genius on motivating his players & getting the most out of us. However it really seems like you forget our fan base spent all of 95-99 complaining about butch as a horrible game day coach. Constant complaints that he couldn't beat fspew or vtech. All the way until the 99-00 season that was a constant. Personally I would love to see butch come back home but I can't help but think how far off our fan base is with some of these opinions. #1the one mandatory thing in most eyes is we need a coach who can unite both the fan base & our alumni. Who knows our history & embraces it. Fact here is the best coach for all of that is chud. Chud is amazingly thought of & loved by everyone that matters. He's an offensive genius & would put together a who's who of a staff. Everything you can dream of you would have with chud even more so than butch. #2 thing that kills me is all these geniuses opinions about mario.yes it's a given mario was eventually fired at fiu by pete. It's also a given he created fiu football. He made a team with no resources & no history relevant. They beat some good teams & he recruited some players who never would've came near there otherwise. If you give mario the history & resources that he would have here he could conceivably do some amazing things. My one concern with mario is he is very pig headed. He can be tough to get along with & keeping that in mind I'd be concerned about the staff he could put together... #3 have you all not learned about these quick hit coaches who have no history & no link to our family. Was al golden not enough for you to learn we don't want a coach of the moment. We want lineage. So that means no to Herman or fuentes. I want a um man running shopping who embraces pro set & embraces a 4-3 attacking d. If that's not where were headed than I'm concerned.

What link did Jimmy Johnson and Dennis Erickson have to our lineage? Give me Herman 10000x over Botch, Mario or Chud.

Chud is out the door the second the NFL calls. Did anyone stop to ask if Chud would give up being an NFL OC to recruiting 17 year old kids?

"Everything you can dream of you would have with chud even more so than butch." What makes you say that, OP? Serious question.

Advertisement
My concern w Mario is that he is an unqualified failure who wouldn't get an interview for the north Texas vacancy, but we have fans trying to prop him up bc he's a "Miami guy."

Mario HC
Coley OC
Tim the guy from Bama DC

Or

Butch HC
Dorsey OC
Shannon/Schiano/Leavitt/or Wannstedt DC

My concern w Mario is that he is an unqualified failure who wouldn't get an interview for the north Texas vacancy, but we have fans trying to prop him up bc he's a "Miami guy."

Mario HC
Coley OC
Tim the guy from Bama DC

Or

Butch HC
Dorsey OC
Shannon/Schiano/Leavitt/or Wannstedt DC

I'm picking what's behind door number 2!

#2[ thing that kills me is all these geniuses opinions about mario.yes it's a given mario was eventually fired at fiu by pete. It's also a given he created fiu football. He made a team with no resources & no history relevant. They beat some good teams & he recruited some players who never would've came near there otherwise. If you give mario the history & resources that he would have here he could conceivably do some amazing things.

It's also a given he created Temple football. He made a team with no resources & no history relevant. They beat some good teams & he recruited some players who never would've came near there otherwise. If you give Golden the history & resources that he would have here he could conceivably do some amazing things.

NEXT!

have you all not learned about these quick hit coaches who have no history & no link to our family. Was al golden not enough for you to learn we don't want a coach of the moment. We want lineage.

Two of the three coaches from the UM Dark Ages - Coker an Shannon - were UM guys. The three best coaches in UM history had absolutely no ties to UM before being hired. This is a worthless prerequisite.

Why is Chud an offensive genius?

He would make no splash in SFL if hired. We would likely lose half of our class. He has no charisma and he has never proven he can recruit. In fact his allegiance to the NFL even after every failure he has had there makes it look like wants to no part of college football and most coaches don't want that because of recruiting.

He has had ops to come here before and has never taken them seriously.

Miami is a tool for him and it always has been.

As for Mario... Word is he is an ***** and you cant ignore he got fired. You cant ignore that even after getting that program off of the ground he had a losing record with mostly Miami kids on his roster. he has done nothing to deserve being the head coach of the U.

If these guys want in then let them take coordinator jobs for the next coach and lets see how they do from there.

Butch may be here for 4-5 years before he retires, let one of them be the coordinators and build this thing up so when they takeover they will continue a dynasty.

At this point there can be no more handouts. FN earn it.

Advertisement
If Mario is so good how come no other program wants him? It can't be that difficult to pry him he is only a position coach.

Surely some team wants him as an OC. Maybe some team wants him as an HC.

He is garbage because he is garbage. You wouldn't mention his name if he had no affiliation with Miami. In fact, if someone brought him up (without the affiliation) they would be laughed off the boards. *** it, I am going to laugh anyway.

An affiliation doesn't make you qualified.

In '98, my son received his acceptance letter from Miami (music program). He was hesitant, mainly because of the football team. I had a lot of faith in Butch, because I saw what he was building. I boldly said to my son, "Miami will play for a national championship before you graduate." My son chose wisely.

Yes, our fans are impatient, but they're not quitters. Just look at the activity on this message board. We have our differences, but we all love the school.

There weren't that many around 98/99 and they were pretty **** quiet. The weekly mantra on Grassy and every other site was Fire Botch Davis and Coker.

Not saying it to bash Butch necessarily, but there seems to be quite the revisionist history around these boards lately about feelings about Butch during most of his tenure here. Had it been up to the "fans" Butch would have been run out of town by 99.

OMFG, if that's fact rather than fiction, it's one of the funniest things I've ever read on any message board.

He came here for music, but almost didn't because of the football program? Wise old dad assured him that we'd play for all the marbles while every other fan wanted Butch out. Your son believes you, chooses us, and the rest is history.

Seriously, it's sad NO matter the truth. Either way, it stinks of b.s., but whatever.

Advertisement

OMFG, if that's fact rather than fiction, it's one of the funniest things I've ever read on any message board.

He came here for music, but almost didn't because of the football program? Wise old dad assured him that we'd play for all the marbles while every other fan wanted Butch out. Your son believes you, chooses us, and the rest is history.

Seriously, it's sad NO matter the truth. Either way, it stinks of b.s., but whatever.

You don't know siht.

You may take notice to look up a girl's perspective and why she chose UM - because of the football program.

Jennifer Urs.

Wrote an article on it. She's a very bright young woman, and in fact, when we started winning under Schnellenberger, then Jimmy, etc., the University started really growing with new admissions - apparently, going to a successful sports school really did matter to some kids.

Lots of kids don't want to listen to their friends who attend other schools rag on them all the time because the football team sucks. Which is why it's important for the U to get it's crap together and get this program back on track.

It's a true story. Sad thing is that he's pretty much stopped following the Canes, altogether. Several years ago he said that he didn't believe the administration was committed to winning, or that they felt it was even desirable.

You must have posted this crap twice. Same response as last night.

You mentioning Chud and Mario as viable candidates tell's me all I need to know. I'm glad you're not making the decisions because we would continue to suck.

Advertisement
Back