New CB Target on Miami Radar.

Rumph is just all over the place...Same **** every october to December with him.

I'll check this kid's film. If we are on him, must mean George told us to kick rocks.

EDIT: kid looks good...looks like SEC is involved though.

Last edited:
Advertisement
not sold on these jc cbs after jhavonte dean ... the level of comp at the juco level is suspect ... prefer a D1 portal guy

D1 portal guy would work as long as he's not a scrub that will just clutter up the roster...But you know what would also work? Recruiting the state of florida, you know the CB capital of the world.

Last edited:
not sold on these jc cbs after jhavonte dean ... the level of comp at the juco level is suspect ... prefer a D1 portal guy

I get what you're saying, but you have to take it case by case. My sense is, the issue with Dean is that he was just very raw and un-coached, or poorly coached, when he got to us. Rumph didn't have much time with him. He seemed athletic enough, just didn't have enough time here to figure out what he was doing out on that field.

I'm sure there are some good technical coaches out there at the Juco level. If we can find guys with reasonable physical tools that have been well-coached... well, you just never know, but there have been talented players come out of Juco. You have to scout and recruit that level, period.

IDGAF if they're an Eskimo, a Juco, Russian, Polynesian, or Australian. ****, if he can get the ball in the end zone or take it away from the other team, I'll root for Kim Jong Un. If they can help you win, bring them in.

Advertisement
He's a big 6'3 182lbs kid out of Ferriday Louisiana (which is a good school), naturally gifted athlete that played Football & Basketball in HS, was a QB & FS.

At Hutchinson CC he's had 38tcks 4INT's & 7PBU's in 2 years of Juco ball.

For those that don't know Hutchinson is good JUCO program on par with Blinn College, players like Cordarrelle Patterson, Alvin Kamara & Markus Golden have all played there. This kid's teammate is 4-star CB/S Art Green who's committed to Tennessee.

His tape looks good, he's a tall long Corner with good hips, very good ball skills & catch radius and can tackle. Normally guys his size struggle with playing too high, but he's got good bend & pad level & has natural cover ability, he could play CB or Safety at the next level.

If we can't get Brian George, then I definitely think we should make a push for this kid.

But it seems like our staff is completely scrambling late with how we're recruiting DB's in this class smh.

Physically weak played a big part...Had no *** out there. When he hit opponents they went forward.

I got you. Different side of the same coin. More time in our weight room and nutrition program would have helped him too.

Bet that weakness wouldn't have been a problem if he went to Baga or clem$on and got in their "nutrition" program, knowwhatI'msaying?

I'm not either, especially with the load we have in SFLA, but if we are going to continue to **** our dependz on OL, I'm all aboard with going after the top echelon guys from JCs...

Advertisement
D1 portal guy would work as long as he's not a scrub that will just clutter up the roster...But you know what would also work? Recruiting the state of florida, you know the CB capital of the world.

I agree with you 100%. To be fair, I’ll trust a juco guy with the ability than getting a bench warmer or a kid with character issues from another FBS program. It’s not like portal guys bat a 1.000 either.

Advertisement
I get what you're saying, but you have to take it case by case. My sense is, the issue with Dean is that he was just very raw and un-coached, or poorly coached, when he got to us. Rumph didn't have much time with him. He seemed athletic enough, just didn't have enough time here to figure out what he was doing out on that field.

I'm sure there are some good technical coaches out there at the Juco level. If we can find guys with reasonable physical tools that have been well-coached... well, you just never know, but there have been talented players come out of Juco. You have to scout and recruit that level, period.

IDGAF if they're an Eskimo, a Juco, Russian, Polynesian, or Australian. ****, if he can get the ball in the end zone or take it away from the other team, I'll root for Kim Jong Un. If they can help you win, bring them in.
Kim Jong Un....short arms, no length, not good hips, stiff. You can just tell the way he walks.

Advertisement
Don't necessarily agree. We've done very well over the years with JUCOs.....now, if the nature of the JUCO market has fundamentally changed, that's a different story. I would never say take a lot of JUCOs

I agree. The poster concerns with juco prospects are the same with D1 portals. Now this year there were some studs in the portal but the majority of them were bench warmers at their previous schools.

Advertisement
Back