New CB offer: Marvin Covington

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid didn't have a single offer prior to miami offering,he should have committed on the spot and the moment he didn't we should have told him to **** off.But he's a cb and we're a repellent to them these days.
At this point we couldn’t get a white Corner from Montana or Idaho to commit to us

Advertisement
Advertisement
It's pretty clear he's going to stay close to home and that's what he wants. Nobody on this board outside of maybe 1 or 2 people knows who we're actually recruiting at corner and what our options are. The position is going to be addressed. We all know Rumph is not going to be retained. There is no reason to continually beat a dead horse in every thread.

Last edited:
“Staff didnt really prioritize him”

“Not a loss when he was never ours”

“Kid didnt want to leave the state” - This is my personal favorite, people say this like they ******* know the kid and talked to him and his family.

“Rumph was handcuffed here, he couldnt get any ground with this kid because Manny handcuffs him with other kids”

“You guys are really freaking out over a 2* CB, stop crying”

“We have 5 CBs on the roster, we are good there and Marcus Clarke is going to be a stud!!!!!”

“We can do better than this kid anyway”

Did I miss any?

“Kid didnt want to leave the state” - This is my personal favorite, people say this like they ******* know the kid and talked to him and his family.

“Rumph was handcuffed here, he couldnt get any ground with this kid because Manny handcuffs him with other kids”

“We have 5 CBs on the roster, we are good there and Marcus Clarke is going to be a stud!!!!!”

Did I miss any?
“They want McBurrows over Covington”

Advertisement
Advertisement
Rumph needs to go but this kid isn’t a indictment of rumph. He probably isn’t leaving Texas
The problem was getting to the point that we were relying on an under the radar Texas recruit who was never on campus to commit in an area we are woefully thin.

Did I miss any?
"bAgZ bRo!"

& one of my personal favorites, "Mom said no.."

Although that one usually applies to South FL kids lol.

Advertisement
I agree. Rumph has to go, but if he is the only one on the staff that is fired that won’t play well locally.
None of the local coaches ever send us their Corners & none of the kids are ever interested in us anyway.

Trust me, no one of any significance as it pertains to CB's would care, they don't give AF about us or Rumph.

The only backlash there would be would be from alumni former players who are personal friends with Mike, but they're pretty disgruntled most of the time anyways, they'd get over it after a while lol.

None of the local coaches ever send us their Corners & none of the kids are ever interested in us anyway.

Trust me, no one of any significance as it pertains to CB's would care, they don't give AF about us or Rumph.

The only backlash there would be would be from alumni former players who are personal friends with Mike, but they're pretty disgruntled most of the time anyways, they'd get over it after a while lol.
Same former players that want Mario?

LCE.....Not defending Rumph cause I agree Miami needs to move on but Miami has been missing on top CBs for years........What is the reason for that? Bad recruiting, bad coaching(so they dont want to come), defensive calls?

And dont say bags

LCE.....Not defending Rumph cause I agree Miami needs to move on but Miami has been missing on top CBs for years........What is the reason for that? Bad recruiting, bad coaching(so they dont want to come), defensive calls?

And dont say bags
We have 4 CBs in the NFL. Only 2 were on active rosters. And neither of those two are true impact players.

You want 5 star DBs? Prove that you can get them paid in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back