New Barry Jackson blog

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes eager to see new offensive toys | Miami Herald

Robert burns at 215 pounds with only 7% body fat..... woah. People underselling this kid. At one point he was a 5star top ten prospect in the country and even on this board years back was looked at as being the next great back from south Florida. Excited to see what he does

I don't think there's many underselling the talent. Talent is useless if you are banged up.

There's no doubt in my mind if he stays healthy he'll ball out.

Good read. Burns is a high risk / high reward player. If he stays injury free and has his heart in the game, he can be as good as anyone we've had. My bet on the early entries who see the most reps would be on Donaldson, Carter and Dallas, with the first two possibly starting or sharing starting reps midway through the season.

Hope he gets his chance to play some meaningful downs with Lorenzo and Cameron coming on board. Will be great to finally have the RB position stacked and productive..

"This should tell you about Dallas’ hunger: He texted Dugans before he signed and said: “Make me great. Don’t let me slack.”"

It's this attitude that will bring us to greatness once again.

Advertisement
Interesting I didnt know Manny Diaz said every corner except for Young is going to spend time at safety in the spring. To get the most out of the roster it would be best if Michael Jackson stands out as a FS even if its as a back-up.

Would have been great to have another back in the class, but I'm excited to see what Burns can do. Same for Homer. There's a ton of potential on the team, just have to see who shows up.

Interesting I didnt know Manny Diaz said every corner except for Young is going to spend time at safety in the spring. To get the most out of the roster it would be best if Michael Jackson stands out as a FS even if its as a back

He has above average speed for a FS. But to often ppl think you can just throw a big corner at safety and he will be good. FS you have to be intelligent and know what you are looking at to be good. I hope he can grasp it, because he has the physical attributes.

Miami Hurricanes eager to see new offensive toys | Miami Herald

Robert burns at 215 pounds with only 7% body fat..... woah. People underselling this kid. At one point he was a 5star top ten prospect in the country and even on this board years back was looked at as being the next great back from south Florida. Excited to see what he does

I don't think there's many underselling the talent. Talent is useless if you are banged up.

There's no doubt in my mind if he stays healthy he'll ball out.

This. Burns's talent is unquestionable. He needs to prove he can stay on the field.

Advertisement
The only thing people don't like about Burns really is that he can't stay healthy. If he can, he might be a beast. But I'm perfectly fine with only taking him in that class. I'm happy with rolling with Walton, Homer, Burns, and Gray and Dallas if we absolutely need him.

I think Burns will thrive being one of three or more top tier running backs in our rotation. It is critical that his carries are monitored closely.

His talent, size, speed, athleticism, etc. are not in question, but durability is clearly an issue to this point in his career.

Unfortunately, durability is usually not something the improves with level of play and competition. Yatil Green for example, was another player with off the chart everything, but he went from being nicked-up throughout high school to injury prone at UM and then coming undone once he got to the NFL.

I think limiting Burns carries will be hugely beneficial to his career here and allow him to make an impact as part of the rotation.

If Homer can hold onto the **** ball he would be a **** beast. Same thing with Choc... Matter of fact has Walton ever fumbled the **** football?

If Homer can hold onto the **** ball he would be a **** beast. Same thing with Choc... Matter of fact has Walton ever fumbled the **** football?

Homer fumbled ONE time.

RB's fumble. It happens.

It's not like this guy fumbled several times

Advertisement

Yes... remember it like yesterday inside the 5 yard line when we was about to score late in the game in the snow bowl vs wazzou

"This should tell you about Dallas’ hunger: He texted Dugans before he signed and said: “Make me great. Don’t let me slack.”"

It's this attitude that will bring us to greatness once again.

Its the talent not the attitude I could tell dugans that but I prolly run a 5.8
ODB got the worst attitude but he can ball because of gods gifts

Advertisement
Homer may have only fumbled once in a game, but i bet the ball has popped out a few times in practice. There's a reason that Malcom was on KO returns.

Homer may have only fumbled once in a game, but i bet the ball has popped out a few times in practice. There's a reason that Malcom was on KO returns.

And you have no idea what that reason is. Could be he fumbles all the time in practice, but that's pure speculation. Until I hear it from other players or the staff I'm going with "I don't know". Several people around here should try it.

You're just guessing, with nothing to back you up. Numerous sources have claimed that Chocgray had a real issue dropping the ball in practice. Which supposedly is one of the reasons he couldn't get in a game. I think we would've heard from these same sources about Homer

Advertisement
Back