New 2021 QB offer Kai Millner

Advertisement
Gentlemen...this kid is LEGIT! I'm in. Now.

Not going here in terms of quality or potential, but his game is Mahomeseque. Vision, release, even his stride when running. Similar in my mind.

Oh, and how about that line? Stoning people in pass protection. Any legit P5 potential there?

Gilbert (Ariz.) Higley High School QB Kai Millner picked up a Miami Hurricanes offer on Friday.

It was his 15th offer.

And UMā€™s new wide receivers coach is playing a big role in his recruitment.

ā€œI originally knew coach (Rob) Likens from Arizona State (where Likens coached QBs and was coordinator the last two years), he was the one who originally recruited me and offered me at Arizona State,ā€ Millner said. ā€œThen he ended up leaving. So Iā€™d already built that relationship with him, with Arizona State so close to home. Once he got to Miami then he ended up reaching out and eventually got me on the phone with coach (Rhett) Lashlee and they ended up offering.ā€

Friday was the first time Millner spoke with Lashlee.

ā€œI was planning on taking some visits, trying to see some of my options and try to narrow it down,ā€ Millner said. ā€œBut with everything going on right now Iā€™m not able to. Right now Iā€™m keeping my options open, I havenā€™t got a chance to see a whole lot of places.ā€

Millner says heā€™d ā€œlove toā€ visit Miami once the virus threat ends.

ā€œThatā€™s definitely one Iā€™d love to get out to,ā€ he said. ā€œI know itā€™s a big-time program, Iā€™ve followed them. But I donā€™t know a ton about whatā€™s going on right now with Miami. Iā€™m looking forward to learning more about the program.ā€

ā€œHe said theyā€™d looked at my film, really liked what they saw, he knew that coach Likens had a previous relationship with me,ā€ Millner said.

Millnerā€™s reaction to the UM offer?

ā€œI was super excited,ā€ he said. ā€œDefinitely a big one, and being the 15th offer, it was overall just big.ā€

Among Millnerā€™s other offers: Michigan State, Cal, Colorado, Arizona State, Arizona, Indiana and Washington state.

He says there are ā€œnot reallyā€ any favorites at this point.

Gilbert (Ariz.) Higley High School QB Kai Millner picked up a Miami Hurricanes offer on Friday.

It was his 15th offer.

And UMā€™s new wide receivers coach is playing a big role in his recruitment.

ā€œI originally knew coach (Rob) Likens from Arizona State (where Likens coached QBs and was coordinator the last two years), he was the one who originally recruited me and offered me at Arizona State,ā€ Millner said. ā€œThen he ended up leaving. So Iā€™d already built that relationship with him, with Arizona State so close to home. Once he got to Miami then he ended up reaching out and eventually got me on the phone with coach (Rhett) Lashlee and they ended up offering.ā€

Friday was the first time Millner spoke with Lashlee.

ā€œI was planning on taking some visits, trying to see some of my options and try to narrow it down,ā€ Millner said. ā€œBut with everything going on right now Iā€™m not able to. Right now Iā€™m keeping my options open, I havenā€™t got a chance to see a whole lot of places.ā€

Millner says heā€™d ā€œlove toā€ visit Miami once the virus threat ends.

ā€œThatā€™s definitely one Iā€™d love to get out to,ā€ he said. ā€œI know itā€™s a big-time program, Iā€™ve followed them. But I donā€™t know a ton about whatā€™s going on right now with Miami. Iā€™m looking forward to learning more about the program.ā€

ā€œHe said theyā€™d looked at my film, really liked what they saw, he knew that coach Likens had a previous relationship with me,ā€ Millner said.

Millnerā€™s reaction to the UM offer?

ā€œI was super excited,ā€ he said. ā€œDefinitely a big one, and being the 15th offer, it was overall just big.ā€

Among Millnerā€™s other offers: Michigan State, Cal, Colorado, Arizona State, Arizona, Indiana and Washington state.

He says there are ā€œnot reallyā€ any favorites at this point.
This kid has the best qb film so far I've seen in 2021 class, really hope he visits.

Advertisement
Advertisement
**** really seemed like this kid was happy with the UM offer and thought would at least listen to Likens/Lashlee

When he said, "right now, I'm keeping my options open," I did not think he was being so literal.

Advertisement
First thing I thought too. Cal has their man, USC has KS and will likely retain Garcia. I don't understand why UCLA hasn't locked Moss up yet.

IDK much about UCLA. I've been keeping an eye on their 247 board since we've been recruiting Moss. Doesn't seem to be a lot of love and respect for CHip Kelly. I think Moss doesn't trust he will get developed or win the way he wants to there.

I don't see Garcia leaving USC, either. Even if Moss decides to join him in a 2 QB class. Garcia has been actively recruiting guys for Helton. He wants to be at USC.

I've read about Bama and even LSU being in the picture for Moss. I don't think LSU is much; they are expecting Nussmeier to commit to them. Bama is after Moss and Milroe and will take whichever wants in.

It's like dominoes - one will fall and the others after. I hope Miami can be in the picture as they fall. Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me to see Lashlee go hard after a stud for 2022 and see what shakes out with the guys in the room now. Maybe take a transfer after the season ends for experience. This is where the lack of spring practice really stinks for TVD and him getting reps and a chance to show what he can do.

IDK much about UCLA. I've been keeping an eye on their 247 board since we've been recruiting Moss. Doesn't seem to be a lot of love and respect for CHip Kelly. I think Moss doesn't trust he will get developed or win the way he wants to there.

I don't see Garcia leaving USC, either. Even if Moss decides to join him in a 2 QB class. Garcia has been actively recruiting guys for Helton. He wants to be at USC.

I've read about Bama and even LSU being in the picture for Moss. I don't think LSU is much; they are expecting Nussmeier to commit to them. Bama is after Moss and Milroe and will take whichever wants in.

It's like dominoes - one will fall and the others after. I hope Miami can be in the picture as they fall. Otherwise, it wouldn't surprise me to see Lashlee go hard after a stud for 2022 and see what shakes out with the guys in the room now. Maybe take a transfer after the season ends for experience. This is where the lack of spring practice really stinks for TVD and him getting reps and a chance to show what he can do.
Nice take. I hope e cools on UCLA you've stated. I see LSU showing a lot f love o his social media. If I remember reading correctly, academia is important to him so there's an advantage. I really feel like if Lashlee puts out a good looking offense this year and we can get him and his mom down here fo a visit, we have a legit shot.

**** really seemed like this kid was happy with the UM offer and thought would at least listen to Likens/Lashlee
It's April & he has yet to take any visits.

Once recruiting opens back up it's a very real possibility he takes a visit down here.

All these virtual commits are as temporary as it can get right now. Most of these will reopen their recruitment the moment they're allowed to take trips & visit campuses again.

Advertisement
It's April & he has yet to take any visits.

Once recruiting opens back up it's a very real possibility he takes a visit down here.

All these virtual commits are as temporary as it can get right now. Most of these will reopen their recruitment the moment they're allowed to take trips & visit campuses again.
Do you think that will be true with the qbs. We know in the past they were usually the first to commit to a program and then kids would follow where the qb went. I hope you are correct that kids are just getting nervous and committing early to hold a spot. But at the same time if they back out of that commitment that says a lot about that kids character. Kind of a catch 22 , but of all years I guess this is one year where you wouldn't be against a qb not sticking to a commitment.

Do you think that will be true with the qbs. We know in the past they were usually the first to commit to a program and then kids would follow where the qb went. I hope you are correct that kids are just getting nervous and committing early to hold a spot. But at the same time if they back out of that commitment that says a lot about that kids character. Kind of a catch 22 , but of all years I guess this is one year where you wouldn't be against a qb not sticking to a commitment.
In normal circumstances that would be the case, but recruiting has been suspended for all of Spring & was extended into late May, which is making coaching staffs turn up the heat with their virtual recruiting.

They're basically convincing kids to commit now after face timing/video calling these kids in order to reserve a spot in their class, but once visits are allowed again most of those kids will get to see a new campus & be more integrated with whichever staffs are recruiting them hardest.

Usually the Spring - Summer is where the most visits happen, because there's no visits these kids are just jumping at whatever coach calls them the most, I even heard that coaches having an online Madden tournament with recruits has put them in pole position to get a commit from a prospect. All it means is that the kids are still as impressionable as they've always been it's just without the visits.

With QB's, they always secure their commitments early but again, without Spring visits any commit a QB makes won't be as strong as if they took their 4 or 5 OV's.

Trust me, once the Quarantine is over & the kids get the chance to visit more campuses whatever online virtual commits they made back in March/April will be flimsy as **** & most likely will not stick, unless they just really wanted to go there anyway.

I would be shocked if he doesnā€™t follow through with the Cal commitment, but I would take him as our QB any day of the week

Advertisement
Back