2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I don’t think this will be a big loss. The young man plays hard and he’s obviously tough from his wrestling background. But i don’t see the length or explosiveness that we want in d-ends. He‘s a grinder. He might be successful but he might also be not much more than a good special teams player.

Goodbye GIF
GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Advertisement
I don’t think this will be a big loss. The young man plays hard and he’s obviously tough from his wrestling background. But i don’t see the length or explosiveness that we want in d-ends. He‘s a grinder. He might be successful but he might also be not much more than a good special teams player.
are we really that pressed for space? anyway i trust mario and Joe's evaluation. if they want him they have a reason.

Advertisement
What happened to his wrestling tournament?
Last night on Sebastian Lane, he said it was impossible to take his official to UM this weekend because of the wrestling tournament. This morning, he's taking an official to UF even though he still doesn't have an offer. Its not like @Liberty City El & @Cribby didn't warn us what would happen once the Gates started sniffing around.

Time to start winding down this thread (assuming the Gates actually offer)

ouch GIF

Here's what he told the national Rivals reporter this morning:

As it always seems to happen, big last-minute developments pop up that can potentially rearrange a set course. For Pyburn, Florida could end up weighing in heavily after convincing him to take an official to Gainesville this weekend. Pyburn spoke about the developing relationship with the Gators’ new coaching staff.

"With the old staff, I had sent stuff to them but it was not passed along,” Pyburn said. “With the new staff, my film was put on their desk, and they evaluated me. They talked to my dad on Tuesday, and today coach (Billy) Napier called asking if I would come on an official this late. I will take the opportunity to do that.”

The distance between Pyburn’s The Bolles School in Jacksonville to Gainesville is little more than an hour and 15 minutes. Growing up a little more than an hour away from Florida’s campus, Pyburn explained what it means to have Florida in his recruiting process.

“It means a lot,” Pyburn shared. “Florida is a school I grew up loving. Florida has been a dream school since I was four years old. It is a pretty cool feeling.”

There is one catch to the Pyburn-Florida connection, the Gators have not offered yet.

“No, they have not offered yet,” Pyburn said. “Only one of their coaches has had eyes on me so far. They sent an assistant offensive line coach down on Wednesday to verify that I am the size and weight I claim to be. We’ll see what happens over the weekend.”

Pyburn knows Florida is recruiting him as a strongside defensive end, but there is more he wants to learn about the new staff and the overall program.

“I want to see how the new staff is looking to build up the program and the direction of the program,” Pyburn shared. “I want to see how they are in person and what Florida football is. I want to see the new staff and find out how they will develop this team into the future.”
Apparently they have a crystal ball to show him the future…🙄

I just don’t think he’s that good either

Advertisement
I should've known something was up when he got the upgrade to 4* along with the rumblings 247 was upgrading too.

Advertisement
Lol @ great character kid!!!! Sounded like a politician to me. He could fit right in with the rest in the state. Up to last night he was on the Miami Flo channel saying he had a tournament and that's why he couldn't take a OV.

Listen kids can choose whatever school to go to. Its their life and their 3 or 4 years of whats gonna determine the next 30 years. Being fake and slimy though. That's another thing. No i hope he chooses UF or Auburn.

time to lock thread.

Dude would have been good at miami but he chose to be a gaytor, and therefore I wish him nothing but the absolute worst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back