2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Southern =/= country
If this kid reads this thread he will probably laugh his *** off with all of the assumptions people are making. He could be a James Brown fan, doing splits in the middle of his school. He could be like that white rapper from Detroit, a wannabe gangsta type. Or on the other hand, he could be plain old redneck who likes Garth Brooks. You never know and should not make assumptions, LOL.

Last edited:
Duval n South Florida.

I remember Grad Bash (hs sr year).....A lot of our dade n broward schools were up there the same time as them.....

It was a riot n we got in their head. lol It was the worst they linked schools from down here where most of us already had connections from going to the same middle school so we automatically linked and mobbed together. You heard DUUUUUUUVALLLL...N THEN WE CAME THRU. LOL
I went to grad bash at Carol City and we did hear DUUUUALLL, and everybody started thumping after that. Broward was helping Dade.

Advertisement
It reminds me of all the people outside south Florida saying you'll get murdered or robbed if you go to school at UM. Like Corral Gables is Liberty City. There's pockets of small towns up here that are " country " but Gaimesville and Jacksonville are not that. People putting Madison , Jennings and Live oak as a comparison to Jacksonville is quite mind boggling to me. But then again people on this board said I talked like a redneck on the CL show even though I've never heard that in my life. And I've spent time up north and half my family is from the north. People generalize and judge but hate it when it's done to them. Just my take
Re: country it’s all relative. I’m from Cincinnati and have been called country for the decade plus that I’ve lived in NY. I have a little bit of an accent because we border Kentucky, but people from the Deep South would laugh at anyone calling me country lol. I don’t take any offense to it and hope that people don’t on the other end of the coin either.

Advertisement
I live here in sofla. West broward.
The most redneck neighbors I have are Cuban. They have goats and go mudding in the glades and wear cowboy boots and cowboy hats they don’t know a lick of English. They even have one of those let’s go Brandon flags. Country is relative.
LOL

Then you don’t really know what country is. You’re talking to a guy that owns hunting land near an all black town with the lowest crime rate in GA, one sheriff deputy, and the nearest super market if you can even call it that is a Piggly Wiggly. We also own land on the Tennessee/GA line where people live the same way that this particular town lives.
Sounds like a town I hunt in, Homerville. Before anyone gets any ideas, yes, it's a small town in Southern GA.

Lived in Jax for over 20 years.
Bolles is similar to Gulliver in Miami.
Jeb Bush son attended Bolles.
Jacksonville is much slower pace than Miami but the “country people” are mostly in north and west Jacksonville. Should not assume that Pyburn is a country boy.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Jfc. Can’t believe this is an argument.
We complain about everyone thinking Miami is all shoot outs and cocaine cowboys and then talk sht that all of Jacksonville is a **** rodeo.

The highest selling music genre in the US is pop followed by ………….country. Yes it makes more money than hip hop or R&B.

I Know people that listen to country and never ridden a horse. But this stereotype that everyone that listens to country music is cleaning a chicken coop every morning and rounding up cattle is hilarious.

And as a long time Miami resident and Hispanic I want to ask the question “what tf is wrong with being a redneck anyway”
If you ain’t a **** racist or antisemite you can wear all the cowboy boots, carry around a dip tin and listen to all then country music you want and raise your f-150 as high as you want.

AUBURN, Alabama—Visiting Memphis and Minnesota in the fall and committing to the Golden Gophers before deciding to wait until February, 6-4, 265 edge linebacker Jack Pyburn has been in contact with Auburn since late his senior season at The Bolles School in Jacksonville, Florida. Getting an offer from the Tigers recently, Pyburn made the trip to the Plains to check everything out this weekend and left saying Auburn is now ‘very high’ on his list as he prepares to make a decision.

“The visit was great,” Pyburn said. “Everything about it was amazing. Obviously, the new facilities being built are amazing. The stadium is amazing. The dorms, coaching staff — I was very impressed.

“The vision that Coach (Bryan) Harsin has for the program is really special and I really like the way he’s moving the program and the things he believes in and embodies. It’s similar things to what I believe in. Also Coach (Bert) Watts, the way he coaches, the way he goes about things is really, really impressive to me. Also, just the culture and the creed of Auburn is unlike anything else.”

Something else that stands out to Pyburn is how Watts and Derek Mason use the edge position in Auburn’s defense. Last season Derick Hall, T.D. Moultry and Eku Leota combined for 20 sacks, but Moultry has moved on as has top reserve Romello Height. That means plenty of opportunity to get on the field.

“I really like the way they use their edge players,” Pyburn said. “Coach Harsin calls it their ‘Weapon X.’ It’s the weapon of the defense. I love that the defense is kind of centered around that edge position and they use it so well. You can have two edges on the field, three edges on the field, one edge. The opportunity to get on the field as an edge player is very great. The room is thin as well, so I’m excited. That’s good news for me.”

Following breakout season as as senior when he made 109 tackles in 11 games with 15 sacks and 32 tackles for a loss, Pyburn has seen his recruiting take off in a hurry. With plans to head to Miami on Sunday and Monday and still considering Virginia, West Virginia and others for a final visit at the end of the week, Pyburn said he’s closing in on a decision following his visit to Auburn.

“It’s probably not going to be signing day,” Pyburn said. “I’m looking towards late next week to early next week. I have a big wrestling tournament and I have wrestling kicking up so I would rather not drag this out and not have to stress about it and worry about it. I want to make my decision here pretty soon.”

AUBURN, Alabama—Visiting Memphis and Minnesota in the fall and committing to the Golden Gophers before deciding to wait until February, 6-4, 265 edge linebacker Jack Pyburn has been in contact with Auburn since late his senior season at The Bolles School in Jacksonville, Florida. Getting an offer from the Tigers recently, Pyburn made the trip to the Plains to check everything out this weekend and left saying Auburn is now ‘very high’ on his list as he prepares to make a decision.

“The visit was great,” Pyburn said. “Everything about it was amazing. Obviously, the new facilities being built are amazing. The stadium is amazing. The dorms, coaching staff — I was very impressed.

“The vision that Coach (Bryan) Harsin has for the program is really special and I really like the way he’s moving the program and the things he believes in and embodies. It’s similar things to what I believe in. Also Coach (Bert) Watts, the way he coaches, the way he goes about things is really, really impressive to me. Also, just the culture and the creed of Auburn is unlike anything else.”

Something else that stands out to Pyburn is how Watts and Derek Mason use the edge position in Auburn’s defense. Last season Derick Hall, T.D. Moultry and Eku Leota combined for 20 sacks, but Moultry has moved on as has top reserve Romello Height. That means plenty of opportunity to get on the field.

“I really like the way they use their edge players,” Pyburn said. “Coach Harsin calls it their ‘Weapon X.’ It’s the weapon of the defense. I love that the defense is kind of centered around that edge position and they use it so well. You can have two edges on the field, three edges on the field, one edge. The opportunity to get on the field as an edge player is very great. The room is thin as well, so I’m excited. That’s good news for me.”

Following breakout season as as senior when he made 109 tackles in 11 games with 15 sacks and 32 tackles for a loss, Pyburn has seen his recruiting take off in a hurry. With plans to head to Miami on Sunday and Monday and still considering Virginia, West Virginia and others for a final visit at the end of the week, Pyburn said he’s closing in on a decision following his visit to Auburn.

“It’s probably not going to be signing day,” Pyburn said. “I’m looking towards late next week to early next week. I have a big wrestling tournament and I have wrestling kicking up so I would rather not drag this out and not have to stress about it and worry about it. I want to make my decision here pretty soon.”
Screams Auburn to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back