2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Yes, the OLB are that big, they are similar to DEs in a 4-3. 240-270 even. Also not every kid that comes in. Need to gain weight, some of them need to lose weight. I remember them bulking up Chickilo and making him slow af. He went to the league and dropped the weight and looked like a different player, playing LB for the Steelers.

Also remember Shaq saying he went from 250, to like 230 from his FR to SO years. Some of these kids are carrying too much weight in high school and some of it is not natural growth weight. This guy looks like he is already in a college weight room.
People aren't understanding he's a wrestler. Ask @Elijah's Biggest Fan about her sons issues with strength and weight because of basketball. Wrestling is 100 times harder than that.

He's never had time to carry his real weight or work year round on football. He doesn't need to change his his body , he needs to unleash it on football. I'm basing this off conversations with former wrestlers, it's brutal.

I could very well be wrong but he doesn't have bad weight , nowhere close.

People aren't understanding he's a wrestler. Ask @Elijah's Biggest Fan about her sons issues with strength and weight because of basketball. Wrestling is 100 times harder than that.

He's never had time to carry his real weight or work year round on football. He doesn't need to change his his body , he needs to unleash it on football. I'm basing this off conversations with former wrestlers, it's brutal.

Basketball is a walk in the park. Football 2 days in august is tough, but wrestling is on another level of conditioning. Wrestlers are worked from the core out, even if they carried a little extra weight in the offseason they know how to shed it. They're trained to do it. Also every wrestling coach i've met is a f'ing maniac.

If he's really 260-265 right now, he's likely to end up a 3-4 End or 4-3 DT. Doesn't look like he's an Edge guy, but it's just limited film.

what you see him as?. I dont think hes in the 260's.

Basketball is a walk in the park. Football 2 days in august is tough, but wrestling is on another level of conditioning. Wrestlers are worked from the core out, even if they carried a little extra weight in the offseason they know how to shed it. They're trained to do it. Also every wrestling coach i've met is a f'ing maniac.
Yeah basketball isn't in the stratosphere as wreaking. All though for a DL it can hurt weight and gaining size. Wrestlers are lunatics for what they have to go through , mentally and physically. The weight watching is next level. That's why I say this kid might go ham once he's all football .

Advertisement

You are correct for most weight classes but not the heavyweight division. I wrestled and coached HS so am pretty familiar with it. Lots of wrestlers cut weight during the season with the exception of heavyweights. The heavyweight class used to go from 225-275 in Hawaii. The only time you need to cut weight is if you are trying to get below the 275 limit. Most of our heavy weights were football players and they did not cut weight. We weren't able to lift during the season because of the amount practices and recovery time needed but most guys don't lose weight during the season unless it's intentional. A lot of heavy weights trying to gain weight to get closer to the 275 limit. That would be my guess with Pyburn.

what you see him as?. I dont think hes in the 260's.
I can't get a decent read on him because of mixed reports and only that highlight film. He plays standing up in HS and looks like he may be 230-240. Then you have some people saying he wrestled (as in weighed in) at 260? He moves in straight lines. I don't see the lateral quickness for LB (off the ball). If you take what he showed on that film only, he sorta projects like a Jake Lichtenstein.

Advertisement
Yeah basketball isn't in the stratosphere as wreaking. All though for a DL it can hurt weight and gaining size. Wrestlers are lunatics for what they have to go through , mentally and physically. The weight watching is next level. That's why I say this kid might go ham once he's all football .
Definitely. Football always has a few of those kids who don't love it and do it for the clout or whatever, but wrestling ain't like that. It separates the weak out quick.

I can't get a decent read on him because of mixed reports and only that highlight film. He plays standing up in HS and looks like he may be 230-240. Then you have some people saying he wrestled (as in weighed in) at 260? He moves in straight lines. I don't see the lateral quickness for LB (off the ball). If you take what he showed on that film only, he sorta projects like a Jake Lichtenstein.
You don’t think he could project into a Dont’a Hightower type? He played inside in a two gap 34 at Bolles. Seemed to fit the system well.

He wrestled in the 220 division last year and played this year in the 255-260 range. So yeah , his weight fluctuates a lot.

Advertisement
You don’t think he could project into a Dont’a Hightower type? He played inside in a two gap 34 at Bolles. Seemed to fit the system well.
Would have to see him way more. I didn't see that lateral quickness in those short highlights. He looked like the f'in juggernaught, which I know is often the case in filling gaps in that 3-4 ILB position. But, first I'm not sure we go 3-4 2-gap. And, second, I think this kid is likely to get significantly bigger if what people say about his weight is true. Hightower was like 260 going into the NFL and could really run.

Friend of mine from HS wrestled throughout college and coaches on the US National team now. He was always a freak athletically. Threw weight in the gym had hardly any body fat. Look at Gable Steveson. He’s an absolute freak. A lot of those guys would’ve been DLs if they played football from day one.

Advertisement
Friend of mine from HS wrestled throughout college and coaches on the US National team now. He was always a freak athletically. Threw weight in the gym had hardly any body fat. Look at Gable Steveson. He’s an absolute freak. A lot of those guys would’ve been DLs if they played football from day one.
I actually called a friend who has a kid at Union county and they played Bolles. He knew exactly the kid I was describing Lol. He said he wrecked shop. He also said he’s a legit 6’2-6’3 250-260 and ripped. Which isn’t shocking with him being a wrestler. He was really impressed and he’s not easily impressed.

This kid is already 255. He’s a five technique or maybe even a three technique down the road. He’s not playing lb that’s for sure
You don’t think we can have him drop 20 pounds? I mean, he’s only 6’3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back