2022 New ‘22 offer - Jack Pyburn - commits to UiF

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 255 in HS dude , you see lb? He’ll be 275-280 in no time in a college s&c

Bolles has a solid s&c.

Im see OLB in a 3-4. Which is essentially a DE in a 4-3 scheme. This kid is basically an EDGE.
He appears to be 6'2-255 or whatever. He's similar to the UAB kid in the transfer portal they offered...and can go the same way...with weight gain can be an interior lineman(just like the uab kid) or if stays around the same size you keep him at EDGE guy.

Not sure who we looking at at dc....but Oregon had 3 OLBs his size on the roster and a MIKE BACKER his size in Sewell. I dont see Mike with him though.

Advertisement
Not saying it's the same but Sewell call to Oregon at 260 as a true Freshman and play at 248 this year and being in Coach Fels
Noted and I understand your point.

I just see this cat is 255 and he's a wrestler, so I'm not sure he's even close to what he could be. I bet his weight fluctuates like Elijah's did playing basketball. He had issue gaining because of it.

I don’t know if he has the bad weight to do that. I see five technique all day every day. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
When are we going to get it in our heads that there are a lot of kids that are really good that aren't 4/5 stars? We finally get a real staff and the "this ain't my favorite recruit" crowd questions Mario's judgement. Kid has toughness and smarts.

About just under half the first round picks in the NFL Draft were 3-star or lower coming out of HS. Where coaches makes their money is figuring out which players who aren't obvious stars will project. And which 4 and 5 star guys are overrated.

Think about it. If 17 four or five star guys make the first round, that means that about 320 didn't.

Just as a note, heavyweight wrestlers don’t cut in the same sense wrestlers in the other 13 weight classes do.

His listed weight is probably 1) his football weight, and 2) not a necessarily a leaned out version due to heavyweights having less restriction.

With heavyweight maxing at 285, you could make the case it’d be easy for him to slim down and gain speed.

Advertisement
I know Mac Jones went there. They have put out to flight D-I kids for a long time.
Yeah recently Mac Jones (Bama) and Nick Lewis went to Kentucky, both kids I knew from early on. And then Theus back in 2012 or 2013 went to UGA.

Bolles is a great program, maybe the best team in the city every year. They recruit locally (similar to STA in SFL) but they really don’t put out a bunch of top P5 kids. They’ll have kids go to schools like Purdue, Minnesota, NC State those types of P5 schools. Then they put out a good amount of G5 caliber kids annually. But they really don’t produce a lot of guys I’d want at Miami tbh.

Now trinity on the other hand, they consistently have a couple high caliber athletes every year.

Advertisement
AA128540-6D71-4CE9-8BB4-F87DD177EB11.png

Regardless I just don't see him as an EDGE defender here. Whether he grown into more of an interior lineman or keeps relatively slim and sticks at inside Linebacker idk...Im just not seeing a guy wed want at edge...

Does he plan on wrestling in college as well? Big 10 is the SEC of wrestling and may factor into his decision if so. Kid looks like a solid player with big upside though.

Advertisement
Regardless I just don't see him as an EDGE defender here. Whether he grown into more of an interior lineman or keeps relatively slim and sticks at inside Linebacker idk...Im just not seeing a guy wed want at edge...
I’ll trust Mario’s evaluation of talent, he’s great at it. He will be a olb in the 3-4. He played de and lb. I like the offer a lot

Advertisement
He overpowers w/ a bullrush. Takes a false step when he rushes, which slows him down. No lateral quickness. Can't play in space for nothing. Maybe he can craft out his own niche in the right D, but this thread is really weird because I swear people were crying over slow LBs for the last 3 yrs
I agree, I wouldnt put him as a LB. Play him at Edge/DE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back