Never have I seen....

Advertisement
There's some massive BS getting thrown around on the FSU site. Some guy claiming to be MT's pop warner coach posted that he ran into MT last Thursday (Yes, he would have been on his OV here) and that MT told him he was going to FSU because he was "sick of Miami". He also said his mom wants him to get away from Miami. Of course everyone there is eating it up.

Its funny how recruits parents have lived in Miami for the majority of their lives and all of a sudden get sick of it when its time for their kid to pick a college to play football at

There's some massive BS getting thrown around on the FSU site. Some guy claiming to be MT's pop warner coach posted that he ran into MT last Thursday (Yes, he would have been on his OV here) and that MT told him he was going to FSU because he was "sick of Miami". He also said his mom wants him to get away from Miami. Of course everyone there is eating it up.

ive been hearing that same stuff about him and his moms, there is also a dude on the 247 site saying that his little brother plays with thomas and he is saying the exact same thing as that guy is saying, dont know if it is true or just some guy messing with people

Advertisement
such conflicting information on one player like there is on matthew thomas.

one site says thomas' mom wants her son at fsu and the herald quotes her saying she wants thomas to stay home.

our guys feel awesome about thomas while fsu guys feel really good about thomas.

this is driving me nuts! lol

Thomas's mom is a good woman. What type of mom, in her right mind, who loves her kid, wants to ship him off to somewhere 8 hours away where she'll almost never see him?

I'll trust the direct quotes stating that Thomas's mom wants him to stay home over the fiction written by that retarded conehead Beldar-looking jagoff Langston.

AQM's mom sent her kid an 20-hour drive to S. Fla. does that make her a bad parent?

one site says thomas' mom wants her son at fsu and the herald quotes her saying she wants thomas to stay home.

our guys feel awesome about thomas while fsu guys feel really good about thomas.

Thomas's mom is a good woman. What type of mom, in her right mind, who loves her kid, wants to ship him off to somewhere 8 hours away where she'll almost never see him?

I'll trust the direct quotes stating that Thomas's mom wants him to stay home over the fiction written by that retarded conehead Beldar-looking jagoff Langston.

AQM's mom sent her kid an 20-hour drive to S. Fla. does that make her a bad parent?

Yes because Buttgers and UM are equivalent programs like FSU and UM are. I'm sure if you axed her if she preferred her son to stay close to home or to go to Miami if Buttgers and Miami were equal programs, then she would have said she'd rather have him stay home.

Unless she doesn't really love her son or want him around to see him regularly, Thomas's mom doesn't want her son going 8 hours away when he can go to a better school right in their back yard. Guys don't always go where their moms want them to go, but that's not the issue currently on the table.

This sh#t's easy. Dudes make it too complicated. Good mom=wants her kid close when he the better school is the close one. Bad mom=wants to ship her son off 8 hours away to an inferior school. Simple.

Advertisement
If Thomas was sick of Miami, he wouldnt be repping 305 at that all star game.

Cane.

Yes because Buttgers and UM are equivalent programs like FSU and UM are. I'm sure if you axed her if she preferred her son to stay close to home or to go to Miami if Buttgers and Miami were equal programs, then she would have said she'd rather have him stay home.

Unless she doesn't really love her son or want him around to see him regularly, Thomas's mom doesn't want her son going 8 hours away when he can go to a better school right in their back yard. Guys don't always go where their moms want them to go, but that's not the issue currently on the table.

This sh#t's easy. Dudes make it too complicated. Good mom=wants her kid close when he the better school is the close one. Bad mom=wants to ship her son off 8 hours away to an inferior school. Simple.

I hope Thomas chooses UM, but it has absolutely nothing to do with whether his mom is a good or bad parent. There are countless players from out of state that have chosen us over their local school, and it's not because they have neglectful parents. In many cases, it's in a kid's best interest to move away and grow up. Vaughn Telemaque chose us over USC, when USC was a far better program and with a higher academic rating. That decision was not a reflection of his parents being "bad."

Are Joey Bosa's parents bad? Amari Cooper? Rashad Green?

All of my Ark friends are saying the same stuff about Collins. A lot of people around here are thinking he's going to that school NW of me.

All those Arkansas fans thought DGB was all there's the weeks up to NSD and guess what? He picked the home school Mizzou which really was about the same distance from where he lived in MO. The home school usually wins in these situations.

Advertisement

You give Langston too much cedit, but otherwise I agree.

I hope Thomas chooses UM, but it has absolutely nothing to do with whether his mom is a good or bad parent. There are countless players from out of state that have chosen us over their local school, and it's not because they have neglectful parents. In many cases, it's in a kid's best interest to move away and grow up. Vaughn Telemaque chose us over USC, when USC was a far better program and with a higher academic rating. That decision was not a reflection of his parents being "bad."

We're talking about different things. I apologize if I didn't make it clear enough.

Did any of the guys you mentioned have mothers who actively pushed them to go away when they had an offer from a better school in their back yard? That's the issue on the table. Kids with good moms go away for school all the time. Going away doesn't mean your mom is a bad mom. Plenty of dudes go away because they don't have a better option close by, or they go away even though their mom wants to stay close to home to play.

If your mom PUSHES you to go away when you have an offer from a better school in her back yard, then she doesn't really love you. It's really simple, sir. If Thomas's mom is pushing him to go to fsu or Alabama, then she wants to get rid of him and doesn't want him around. I don't think his mom is like that, so I think Beldar Langston is fabricating everything about his mom wanting him to go to fsu.

Advertisement
I've been following a simple strategy this recruiting season, believe what Pete says, everyone else can go **** themselves

Joey Bosa was never a serious recruitment. He was ****ed because Golden wouldn't offer him right away & his ego was hurt. Amari's mom actively pushed him to Bama. He literally was going to commit to Miami & mom talked him out of it. Greene I don't remember but he was a Shannon era transition recruit so that should be self explanatory.

Joey Bosa was never a serious recruitment. He was ****ed because Golden wouldn't offer him right away & his ego was hurt. Amari's mom actively pushed him to Bama. He literally was going to commit to Miami & mom talked him out of it. Greene I don't remember but he was a Shannon era transition recruit so that should be self explanatory.

That's not the way it went down according to someone who was intimately involved. Al made him work for his offer, and Amari did all that was axed of him because he wanted to be a Cane. GolDon put pressure on Amari to commit immediately when he finally extended an offer, and Amari didn't want to. He got bummed out about the pressure from The Don and chose Bama. Al fugged this one up according to someone intimately involved in the whole thing.

Advertisement
Back