Nesta enters portal

I put it out there weeks ago and some couldn’t accept it… Nesta was one of the guys that divided the locker room. He needed to go, if we are going to build the culture around brotherhood and trust. Mario isn’t allowing it here. I wish him only well, somewhere else. I’m happy he’s going to get another year of college ball under his belt to improve his draft stock. Solid choice. His grades came back obviously and they weren’t kind.
Wasn't the rumor that he was one of the players involved in that fight during practice? I think someone said it was Nesta and Hall fighting against Harley.

Advertisement
Wasn't the rumor that he was one of the players involved in that fight during practice? I think someone said it was Nesta and Hall fighting against Harley.
I only know we’re getting better. We have a leadership from the top down and they’re focused on building a winner, not filling holes. Building a great organization isn’t done with one eye closed. For all those who are worried about depth, ask yourself if that’s been a constant problem since the early 2000’s. If the answer is yes, it’s because we failed to recruit and develop the right football players. Progress isn’t always easy to see. If you didn’t believe we played to our potential last season, why would you question a kid running for the door. Wish him luck and move on. He’s knows better than you if this is where he belongs.

Don’t really understand this one
My son told me last night he hit the portal as he follows the twitters and such, my response was "I dont think he had the work ethic that this new coaching staff expects." Not a dig on him as he was a good player however IMO he wasn't a consistent player and did get pushed around some. I hope he does well wherever he lands.

Coaching and development my guy. They were not “on paper” classes. That means all the worlds experts overrated all these kids and we magically got and put all of them together.. nah we just did not develop them.
Yet the guys from that class who transferred elsewhere (there were a lot of them) still turned out to be busts. So either all these other schools are just as bad at developing players or maybe, they just weren’t that good to begin with.

Not counting Pope, Wiggins and Hall, seven other guys all transferred to FBS programs from that class an none of them are good players at their new schools

Advertisement
Good player for us. If he has a polarizing personality as often discussed, then this one is going to be interesting to follow to see if he can mesh with his new program. The kid may be high risk, medium reward at best. Change of scenery may be best for all parties. Young guy with his life ahead of him. I wish him success.

Advertisement
Yet the guys from that class who transferred elsewhere (there were a lot of them) still turned out to be busts. So either all these other schools are just as bad at developing players or maybe, they just weren’t that good to begin with.

Not counting Pope, Wiggins and Hall, seven other guys all transferred to FBS programs from that class an none of them are good players at their new schools
Let’s be honest, most guys that transfer end up not doing nothing. Especially before the portal was big.

Maybe after all the dust settles the staff will let him know how he can be an impact on this team and he’ll decide to come back

Advertisement
Maybe after all the dust settles the staff will let him know how he can be an impact on this team and he’ll decide to come back
He’s perfect to come of the bench for a quick change up roll player would cause a huge disruption to opposing teams.

Coaching and development my guy. They were not “on paper” classes. That means all the worlds experts overrated all these kids and we magically got and put all of them together.. nah we just did not develop them.

Hey, hey, hey my guy. Per certain posters, we can’t use that as a reason. We just didn’t “evaluate” correctly.

But the reason y I’m saying “paper classes” is not only were players not developed (oops), but we also had transfers. So we lacked depth at key positions, & those who were tabbed as starters wasn’t groomed to live up to their billings.

Which is y I hope posters don’t jump down Mario’s throat if, again IF, we struggle next yr. We got some chit to clean up from a cultural, development, & roster standpoint.

Advertisement
Hey, hey, hey my guy. Per certain posters, we can’t use that as a reason. We just didn’t “evaluate” correctly.

But the reason y I’m saying “paper classes” is not only were players not developed (oops), but we also had transfers. So we lacked depth at key positions, & those who were tabbed as starters wasn’t groomed to live up to their billings.

Which is y I hope posters don’t jump down Mario’s throat if, again IF, we struggle next yr. We got some chit to clean up from a cultural, development, & roster standpoint.
Yeah I get that. Roster management was **** with the last regime. They did not play the best guys for sure and played favorites. Not every guy will pan out for any team at any level, so guys will transfer to lower levels or trash teams where they can play. All that goes back to development and training though. We have better coaches now, so who knows, we may pull an MSU. The new coaches should be good enough to win us two more games at least.

Your "frustration" or whatever you want to call it is reasonable but we're only like a month into Mario's reign .... There's still a ton of things that will happen between now and fall camp... If we do struggle somewhat next season then we do... I don't believe it will be the kind of struggle that appears hopeless, it will just be a team getting it's wheels underneath them.... Whether we like the term or not we are in a complete rebuild, yes there's pieces in place but for the most part the slate is getting wiped clean.... Sit back and chill bud... we're in a good spot... Lots and lots to look forward too...

Brotha, while I completely agree w/ u, I believe u need to re-read my post. Lol. I’m pretty sure u misinterpreted everything I said & u’re regurgitating my point to others.

Brotha, while I completely agree w/ u, I believe u need to re-read my post. Lol. I’m pretty sure u misinterpreted everything I said & u’re regurgitating my point to others.
Yea.. I not smart... LOL!!!... Thought I read it right... not sure where I went wrong..., my bad...I deleted it...

Advertisement
Back