Nesta calling us out?

There is absolutely no hate. I have been a fan of Nesta's from the day he committed.

That does not mean I have to forever lock into a "celebratory" position where I can never criticize him, all because he "picked UM" and "coined a term that is still used in recruiting today" and "really repped the school".

I wish Nesta all the best in Arizona. I am not questioning his views on the prior coaching staff or his former teammates. Everyone is entitled to his or her own opinion.

But he was also told that he should go elsewhere. That is a "factual" matter (regardless of thirsty doubters asking for "proof" or "sources"), not an "opinion".
I’m not saying that Nesta or anyone else is above criticism. I’m merely saying that a lot of what I’ve read seems to be unfair and disproportionate. Nesta is a man and he doesn’t need my help defending him.

Accepting that he was told to go elsewhere, then there is no reason for people to be salty that he left.

Advertisement
I’m not saying that Nesta or anyone else is above criticism. I’m merely saying that a lot of what I’ve read seems to be unfair and disproportionate. Nesta is a man and he doesn’t need my help defending him.

Accepting that he was told to go elsewhere, then there is no reason for people to be salty that he left.

Very fair.

It's hard to discuss a "breakup" without at least mentioning some of the reasons for the divergence. I'm still a fan of Nesta Silvera. I wish him well. He is a UM alum (as am I) and I hope that he has a great life.

Very fair.

It's hard to discuss a "breakup" without at least mentioning some of the reasons for the divergence. I'm still a fan of Nesta Silvera. I wish him well. He is a UM alum (as am I) and I hope that he has a great life.
I really wanted him to explode on the scene , I wanted to see all the accolades unfold before us,
But the leap to D-1 is huge and to some shocking.

Meaning your no longer the beast you were in high school and when you unload your best in practice and game and it doesn’t make opponents have any fear of you , that a shocker you you beast hood.

WOW things are different what do o I do now?

Well , I’m sure many told him to increase training to grow to D-1line level.

I just feel from what I saw was it just wasn’t what it was to be it was mediocre at best .

Yes he ran around but mostly late to the party.

I hope he can train at his new college if not he has his parents to raise him again sad to say but it’s up to him to change .

I have politely declined to give a detailed answer to that question, even though I find the psychology of it fascinating.

I have not said "Nesta sucks" or "Nesta rules". I have not opined on whether his on-field performance (past or future) merits his retention. I have simply been a messenger for a factual occurrence (Nesta was told that he was free to leave) that is a non-opinion type of a thing (although I guess that Nesta could convince himself that he has an opinion that he was not asked to leave).

And rather than simply accepting a somewhat unfortunate turn of events, certain Nesta-truthers are looking for any and every reason to deny what actually happened. People who convey what happened are questioned and challenged and mocked. We are told "this doesn't make sense" and "it couldn't have possibly happened that way". We are told that nobody in his/her right mind would believe this.

But...why?

Do any of the doubters have some independent source, like a player, who has told him "nah, man, Nesta has been planning this for a while, it was all him, it was by his own choice"? Nope (although now that I've mentioned it, I'm sure a couple of jokesters are going to claim fake inside information).

I realize that Nesta has fans. ****, I've been a fan of his the entire time. I have also felt that he has not played to his full potential. Both thoughts can coexist in one person's head at the same time. I have hoped that Nesta's passion would translate into leadership and guidance that would elevate the play of his teammates. I hope that it will in the future.

Every player who has put up stats at UM (as long as the entire statline wasn't penalties, drops, and/or missed tackles) represents an immediate loss to the team, as a player, as "depth", as experience, as a teammate. Nesta will need to be replaced. We may not have his replacement on the roster today.

But I'm quite certain that Mario realizes that too, and did not simply dismiss Nesta because he wore a hat inside the building or some such nonsense. Too many people are trying to make this all about on-field performance, but it's not that.

Someday, the Nesta-truthers will have some perspective on this. Until then, feel free to believe what you want to believe.
So in other words, you have no proof.

Exactly.

Thats why I refuse to believe 30 days into his tenure, right when he brought in the new DL coach, in the height of recruiting crunch time, Mario somehow had the time and inclination to evaluate, then tell a productive, starting DT that he needed to go.
This had nothing to do with Mario. Anyone however upset with nesta for putting the previous staff and his teammates on blast for how they played simply wants to believe they're a fan rather than being one. Because I'll take a kid that'll put on blast anyone that's in his comfort zone because they're not doing what it takes and being held accountable opposed to somebody that simply sits by and blends in however possible. Not saying you are one of those people. Simply chiming in from the Lil I read.

Advertisement
I’m only on page 4 reading this, but this thread smells like it could be too great of a thread for Franchise to turn down.

martin freeman sherlock GIF by BBC

Advertisement
This had nothing to do with Mario. Anyone however upset with nesta for putting the previous staff and his teammates on blast for how they played simply wants to believe they're a fan rather than being one. Because I'll take a kid that'll put on blast anyone that's in his comfort zone because they're not doing what it takes and being held accountable opposed to somebody that simply sits by and blends in however possible. Not saying you are one of those people. Simply chiming in from the Lil I read.

Definitely not one of those people. A player has to do some really egregious **** for me to rip them.

99 out of a hundred times I’m ride or die once they sign on the dotted line.

Advertisement
if he'd get off twitter and work on his game, he'd quit being an UDFA

If every player on defense had as many sacks as Nesta did this year, the Miami Hurricanes would have gotten zero sacks in 2021.

Nesta averaged a half a sack a year in his Miami career, with a career season high of one (tied, 2019 and 2020).

Nesta forced one fumble in his entire Miami career.

Nesta was a backup in three games in 2021.

Nesta averaged 1.4 solo tackles per game this year.

The fact that he was one of our better DT's last year is the problem. He's been a pretty unproductive player at Miami. We need a portal talent infusion, along with helping JHH and Taylor take a leap. I just don't think it's unreasonable to feel confident that Nesta would have been a back up in 2022, even exclusively from a talent and production perspective.

Advertisement
Has Nests gone into the Names To Watch thread yet? Any updates on favorite wrestler, MJ vs. Lebron, or TV show preferences? I’m just saying he needs to pay his dues here

These young adults, some are cancerous in every team. That is called being brainwashed and and influenced. Conclusion,GET the ***** out of here. He was NOT that good ANYWAY.

I have politely declined to give a detailed answer to that question, even though I find the psychology of it fascinating.

I have not said "Nesta sucks" or "Nesta rules". I have not opined on whether his on-field performance (past or future) merits his retention. I have simply been a messenger for a factual occurrence (Nesta was told that he was free to leave) that is a non-opinion type of a thing (although I guess that Nesta could convince himself that he has an opinion that he was not asked to leave).

And rather than simply accepting a somewhat unfortunate turn of events, certain Nesta-truthers are looking for any and every reason to deny what actually happened. People who convey what happened are questioned and challenged and mocked. We are told "this doesn't make sense" and "it couldn't have possibly happened that way". We are told that nobody in his/her right mind would believe this.

But...why?

Do any of the doubters have some independent source, like a player, who has told him "nah, man, Nesta has been planning this for a while, it was all him, it was by his own choice"? Nope (although now that I've mentioned it, I'm sure a couple of jokesters are going to claim fake inside information).

I realize that Nesta has fans. ****, I've been a fan of his the entire time. I have also felt that he has not played to his full potential. Both thoughts can coexist in one person's head at the same time. I have hoped that Nesta's passion would translate into leadership and guidance that would elevate the play of his teammates. I hope that it will in the future.

Every player who has put up stats at UM (as long as the entire statline wasn't penalties, drops, and/or missed tackles) represents an immediate loss to the team, as a player, as "depth", as experience, as a teammate. Nesta will need to be replaced. We may not have his replacement on the roster today.

But I'm quite certain that Mario realizes that too, and did not simply dismiss Nesta because he wore a hat inside the building or some such nonsense. Too many people are trying to make this all about on-field performance, but it's not that.

Someday, the Nesta-truthers will have some perspective on this. Until then, feel free to believe what you want to believe.
Wow, that was quite a reply, but I think you misunderstand me. All I have is my guess that he wouldn’t have been asked to leave, but I’m quite clear on that. It’s a guess. I don’t have any actual information.

I asked, not because I don’t believe those who say he was asked to leave but because I wanted to know how you know. If you have an actual source, I’m happy to take your word and stop assuming he wasn’t asked to leave.

I’m not a truther. I don’t have a horse in this race, I’m honestly seeking information. If you find my question bothersome, please know it’s motivated by CIS in general, not you in particular. CIS loves to say things as if they’re based on the fact somebody on CIS said so and little else. People with opinions don’t always represent them as such, preferring to present them as facts based on “everybody knows”. So when I hear something like this, until I hear different, I assume it’s somebody’s opinion.

Advertisement
Back