Nesta Announces He's Coming Back

What are your thoughts on Coach Simpson? I thought he was great here. An intense teacher who got excited for the kids when they made plays. He seemed to connect with the kids and genuinely had them excited to play.

Go Canes!
And, to add to his attributes - I know some have been concerned about his recruiting, but I think he will do just fine in that department. He's actually very personable and as I've stated multiple times recently, even with sucky coaches, we've still recruited relatively well at DL for the last umpteen years. With the assumed success we would have under Simpson, I think we'll be just fine with croots.

Advertisement
Some of the posts on players returning like nesta and Ford returning are disheartening.. comments like what else are they suppose to do or why bother announce that your returning??? These are members of a football team that you say you love.. these are players that didn’t quit or do anything to embarrass the program.....what else could he have done? Well he could have left for the NFL like many others that possibly weren’t ready yet.... maybe he would have made it in the NFL now and maybe not, but we’re so quick to insult those that leave early and now we’re getting players wishing to come back and we insult them too????

I think he’s an excellent DL coach and I’ve said I even think he would do well as our DC but I obviously don’t expect him to get that position.

Under Kul we had a great pass rush then Jess came in and fixed our run D that year and we were still at the top in sacks.

I’m not ready to make a call one way or another on him as a recruiter I don’t think he had enough time but he did pull some good players. Just didn’t seem to resonate in Broward, Dade, Palm Beach that year - a lot could have to do with Kul sucking as a recruiter and not having any traction to start with.
Thanks for feedback

Go Canes!

Smart move by Nesta that should be a no-brainer, but we all know our history with early entry guys.

Nesta, with another year of strength and development and working all offseason with Jess, could actually be a terror next year. Needs to be more consistent; he turns it on and off too much.

Advertisement
Back