NESTA…1ST ROUNDER…

When all you can bring up is his motor… he isn’t getting drafted first round. He isn’t a day 1 or day 2 pick for that matter. I love his hustle, but that doesn’t change the fact he has no pass rush moves and short arms. Idc about his stature, Aaron Donald is short, but he has long arms as well as Grady Jarrett. His physical limitations, poor technique will prevent him from being a day 1 or day 2 pick.

Advertisement
How many DTs you seen this year that play with his motor?
I’ll say this..games like this makes you wonder why he can’t do this week in and week out. He’s had these type of games 2 times or so a year..but he has major holes in his game

When all you can bring up is his motor… he isn’t getting drafted first round. He isn’t a day 1 or day 2 pick for that matter. I love his hustle, but that doesn’t change the fact he has no pass rush moves and short arms. Idc about his stature, Aaron Donald is short, but he has long arms as well as Grady Jarrett. His physical limitations, poor technique will prevent him from being a day 1 or day 2 pick.
Stop hating ****, give credit where it’s due for his. Nesta is a cane yet some of y’all talk like he **** played for a rival school, he ain’t did **** to you. No one is seriously taking the op and saying he’s going first round. I’m just pointing out the effort Nesta plays with consistently

Stop hating ****, give credit where it’s due for his. Nesta is a cane yet some of y’all talk like he **** played for a rival school, he ain’t did **** to you. No one is seriously taking the op and saying he’s going first round. I’m just pointing out the effort Nesta plays with consistently
How did anything I post is hating? Lmmfao. Im supposed to make things up about him that isn’t true? I gave credit for his motor, I even said I love his hustle. The discussion is if he is a first round pick, you sensitive af

Advertisement
In all honesty, I'd be surprised if Silvera is drafted before the 5th round.
1st round? Get real. To say he's even among the top 20 DTs in the country is a stretch. I had high hopes when he came here. Thought we had another great Miami DT coming.

Nesta has effort and plays hard. Thats true.

Everything else about his game does not scream draft selection in any round. He is 6'1, so thats not very good to start with. Plays with inconsistent pad level, the times where he is low on guards, he is usually in the backfield. He outruns plays at a very high rate, his pass rush moves outside of a bull rush are very questionable, he cant control a gap and has never played 2-gap, he has short arms (which is very bad for any lineman in the league) and his hand placement is erratic.

He is too light to be a nose tackle and is undersized for a DT as well. I have seen these players come and go. Gerald Willis didnt catch up in the NFL and he was three times the player Nesta is...

Hopefully he can continue to get paid to play the game. I’m not sold on his pro prospects. If he was a day 1 or 2 pick he’d have more dominant performances to his game.
If you look at the guys we thought would be pros in the past 5-8 or so years. Not many have panned out. I see Nesta being on a lot more like a Trent Harris type of career. He may get some burn somewhere, but will struggle to stay on an nfl roster. Even though he was solid here.
Fact is, we are not the NFLU we once were.

Unlikely to be drafted but he’s a true cane who plays hard and there’s nothing wrong with that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back