Nervous for the ACCCG?

ajsgolf

Recruit
Are you nervous for the game? If not is it because you’re going into the game with not a lot of confidence or are you usually relaxed when watching them play? What are your emotions like going into Saturday? Not what you think the outcome will be, just how you’re feeling.

Advertisement
Are you nervous for the game? If not is it because you’re going into the game with not a lot of confidence or are you usually relaxed when watching them play? What are your emotions like going into Saturday? Not what you think the outcome will be, just how you’re feeling.

Duh.

Like the calm right before the storm. Feel like people are going to wonder why they are showing a replay of the ND game and how did they get the orange on the uniforms of ND.

hasn't even felt like there was a game this week but that could be because of finals. Can guarantee that I'll be a wreck after watching the earlier games on Saturday leading to ours tho

I'm feeling like you're a troll who would know the answers to these questions if you'd spent any time here.

Advertisement
Not nervous. Hopeful, but realistic. I believe our best performance would beat Clemson's best performance. If Malik plays as good all game as he has in stretches of his best games, and our defense doesn't blow coverages, I think we win. But if we play about what our average performance has been, and Clemson plays at their average level, I think we lose.

This team has already brought me great joy this season - the entire Notre Dame weekend, from pre-game hype through ESPN Gameday and the beatdown we laid on the Irish was the happiest Hurricane Football has made me in 15 years. Their achievements have exceeded my expectations for this year. And the consolation bowl game if we lose Saturday will be pretty freaking awesome.

So I'm not nervous, I'm content. Everything else is gravy now.

I thought this was a "tell me we roll" thread. I got my hopes up for nothing.

I've been nervous for every game except ND and this one.

We have nothing to lose. We're playing the #1 team with our 3 best offensive players hurt. Nobody expects us to win, so we should play fast and loose

Not nervous. Hopeful, but realistic. I believe our best performance would beat Clemson's best performance. If Malik plays as good all game as he has in stretches of his best games, and our defense doesn't blow coverages, I think we win. But if we play about what our average performance has been, and Clemson plays at their average level, I think we lose.

This team has already brought me great joy this season - the entire Notre Dame weekend, from pre-game hype through ESPN Gameday and the beatdown we laid on the Irish was the happiest Hurricane Football has made me in 15 years. Their achievements have exceeded my expectations for this year. And the consolation bowl game if we lose Saturday will be pretty freaking awesome.

So I'm not nervous, I'm content. Everything else is gravy now.

We’re playing with ClempSons money, and they don’t even know it. In fact, I think they’ve already set their alarm clocks to check out the CFP show at noon on Sunday to find out who the 4 seed will be and whether they’re going to NO or Pasadena. The table is set, now all we gotta do is bust open the front door, wipe our feet on the couch, and knock the mutherf#ckin table over.

Advertisement
I feel good. Just got screwed on Stubhub to buy tickets close enough to talk to the players. Put enough money on Miami +9.5 to cover the ticket cost if win.

Let's roll.

I feel good. Just got screwed on Stubhub to buy tickets close enough to talk to the players. Put enough money on Miami +9.5 to cover the ticket cost if win.

Let's roll.

I hope you took the Canes moneyline like a real man.

That would be a very poor choice. Only a novice bettor would take +300 or +310 on a college game where he might be able to get +10 at some point. The value is lopsided toward the +9.5 or +10 in comparison. That's why I carry around a chart that lists the take and give money line prices on each number. At 9.5 I would need at least +370 on the money line to go that route instead of taking the points.

But I get it...on sites like this the betting stuff is loud but hardly sophisticated. Take the money line even if it's +140.

Anyway, no I'm not nervous for this game. I expect to lose. I'll be thrilled if the opposite result occurs but I'm not going to pretend I don't expect to lose. The other game I fully expected Miami to lose was at Florida State, because like Clemson that team was highly rated in preseason.

I was nervous for Notre Dame only. That was the pivotal game of the season, in terms of national reputation and recruiting and where a victory could lead. If Notre Dame had been highly ranked in preseason I would have been very doubtful the Canes could prevail. But since Notre Dame also had upstart qualities I was uncertain and nervous. The rushing stats pointed to Notre Dame so all week I thought they were likely to win, until entering the stadium and seeing that the crowd was even more energized and loud than I anticipated. Ed Reed was honored maybe 15 minutes before game time and the crowd wouldn't shut up for several minutes, like they were determined to begin another glory era right then and there. Let's hope it plays out that way.

Advertisement

That would be a very poor choice. Only a novice bettor would take +300 or +310 on a college game where he might be able to get +10 at some point. The value is lopsided toward the +9.5 or +10 in comparison. That's why I carry around a chart that lists the take and give money line prices on each number. At 9.5 I would need at least +370 on the money line to go that route instead of taking the points.

But I get it...on sites like this the betting stuff is loud but hardly sophisticated. Take the money line even if it's +140.

Anyway, no I'm not nervous for this game. I expect to lose. I'll be thrilled if the opposite result occurs but I'm not going to pretend I don't expect to lose. The other game I fully expected Miami to lose was at Florida State, because like Clemson that team was highly rated in preseason.

I was nervous for Notre Dame only. That was the pivotal game of the season, in terms of national reputation and recruiting and where a victory could lead. If Notre Dame had been highly ranked in preseason I would have been very doubtful the Canes could prevail. But since Notre Dame also had upstart qualities I was uncertain and nervous. The rushing stats pointed to Notre Dame so all week I thought they were likely to win, until entering the stadium and seeing that the crowd was even more energized and loud than I anticipated. Ed Reed was honored maybe 15 minutes before game time and the crowd wouldn't shut up for several minutes, like they were determined to begin another glory era right then and there. Let's hope it plays out that way.

You should've realized my advice was that from a fan's perspective and not a bettor's when I invoked "manhood" when determining how to make a wager. Obviously machismo or even loyalty wouldn't be a factor if I had been speaking as the later.

That said, any man worth his salt still doesn't place bets on a team he truly loves if he's doing it from the perspective of expecting a loss or even safeguarding against one. Have some moral fiber. Just refrain from placing any action on that game- especially as one as big as this one.

I got the ML at +155 for the ND game was that a bad bet?

Advertisement
Wasnt nervous till I saw how bad Rosier played against Pitt...

Defiantly will be cracking a beer earlier than I planned too come Saturday..

I'm superstitious as ****, so I'm always nervous before games. Even when we ran **** before our decline I always had thoughts about how **** could go wrong.

Not feeling nervous because I think we have little to no chance of winning. So, I'm going to watch with great anticipation and hope but not be disappointed when the inevitable happens. Plus, living in South Florida, it will be nice to be able to go to a home game at HRS on December 30 hopefully against one of OSU, Bama or UGA.

Advertisement
Back