Needs to be said

RightSaidFred

Be cool, don’t be culo
I'm sick and tired of watching the Miami Hurricanes play like **** on the road. Especially in "cold" weather.

Been that way since Larry Coker, and it ****es me off to watch because it makes South Florida look soft.

I was talking to a friend of mine who went to Virginia Tech. He told me what they think about Miami - he said Miami and FSU are emotional.... when they're on a high, nobody can beat them, but as soon as they face adversity, they play like garbage. He said they don't have any toughness. As soon as it gets uncomfortable, Miami quits and goes home.

Basically, the perception is that we're soft.

The only time teams fear us is when they have to come to Hard Rock to play. Virginia didn't fear us. They were in our grill all day, and they whipped us physically. They talked **** and backed it up, and we didn't do ****. The team took it like a bunch of ******* and went home with the L.

BC doesn't fear us. VT doesn't fear us.

This team doesn't have any toughness. Just look at how we "tackle." Just look at our special teams. I hate to say it, but ever since Butch Davis left, we've been and continue to be SOFT.

Advertisement
Didn’t Coker and Golden both win late November games at Pittsburgh?

But you’re correct, nobody fears us. Why should anyone?

Nice to see everybody thinking with their right mind now. I guess losing to a **** team does that to you. I have been saying since the beginning of the year we don't look right and I get banned for being an "idiot". Our program is above the product we have had on the field for 16 plus years now. Maybe something will eventually change. It's okay to want us to be GREAT. And I dont see it happening with this staff.

Advertisement
That wasn't my point. My point is beating a trash team like Pitt in the cold doesn't mean the players are good at playing in the cold.

Fair enough.

My point is Miami doesn’t play any cold weather games against top competition. OP wrote Miami can’t played well in cold weather. I merely replied with examples where we won in cold weather.

Not beating teams we didn’t play proves nothing.

Advertisement
Fair enough.

My point is Miami doesn’t play any cold weather games against top competition. OP wrote Miami can’t played well in cold weather. I merely replied with examples where we won in cold weather.

Not beating teams we didn’t play proves nothing.

That is true, but we do play pretty ****** in even moderately cold weather like last night. It would be like OSU saying ya we play well in hot weather. We beat Bethune Cookman in September.

Pittsburgh sucks lmfao. Let me know when we beat a real team in the cold like OSU or another good B1G team.

LOL, no Canes fan should use Pitt or Virginia in an argument. They are two programs that should be beneath Miami. Miami shouldn't be getting punked by Virgina. You know what Jerome Brown would have done if some shxtty Virgina player tried to punk him? He'd knock their block off their shoulders.

Uva played like shît. 230 yards, 92 yards passing with 0tds 3 picks, and 3/11 on 3rd down. Thats why the loss is even worse. Even with the shîtty offense they still outgained uva by 100 yards.

Advertisement
Advertisement
That is true, but we do play pretty ****** in even moderately cold weather like last night. It would be like OSU saying ya we play well in hot weather. We beat Bethune Cookman in September.

We play ****** in warm weather too. At least the past decade or so.

I’d like to see how some of the good Miami teams in the past have done. I think the 2003 game at Pittsburgh was for the Big East title. The Canes dominated the game. There aren’t many games to choose from.

I do remember some Canes wearing cold-weather gear against Wisconsin in a bowl game in Orlando. One of the most embarrassing moments in Canes history.

After watching Pittsburgh almost beat ND in South Bend this weekend, I'm not gonna "bet the ranch" to cover the spread on 11/24 either.

Advertisement
Back