Need some WR’s

sstcane

Sophomore
Premium
Looking at the roster - we only have 7 returning next year.

K Smith, George, Brinson, B Smith, Restrepo, Redding & Worsham.

We should really have 10-12 on the roster if we’re running 3-4 WR sets

Hopefully we can land Gibson, Coleman and Ibieta.

Transfer Portal has some names
Theo Wease a former 5* in the 2019 class is leaving Oklahoma. Could he see how Rambo balled this year and follow his footsteps?

Deion Smith from LSU was a high 4* is entering as well. His 247 Comp is Charleston Rambo. Would love to get this guy to improve competition

What other options are out there?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Looking at the roster - we only have 7 returning next year.

K Smith, George, Brinson, B Smith, Restrepo, Redding & Worsham.

We should really have 10-12 on the roster if we’re running 3-4 WR sets

Hopefully we can land Gibson, Coleman and Ibieta.

Transfer Portal has some names
Theo Wease a former 5* in the 2019 class is leaving Oklahoma. Could he see how Rambo balled this year and follow his footsteps?

Deion Smith from LSU was a high 4* is entering as well. His 247 Comp is Charleston Rambo. Would love to get this guy to improve competition

What other options are out there?
Good point, we need more talent and bodies. Redding and Worsham haven't shown they can stay healthy or contribute. Think we need at least 2-3 freshman and 1 portal kid.

Gibson and Coleman, plus an elite portal WR. drop horton or Ibieta. Nothing against the latter (would take Ibieta over Horton imo), but these are dogs.

Obviously im pipe dreaming here, but IF we had the opportunity...that's what I would do.

Advertisement
This is where random transfers like Payton's hurts. Oh well. The transfer portal giveth and the transfer portal taketh.
How does Payton leaving hurt? Other than being to add 1 to the WR count the guy can't catch the ball if you place it in his hands. Rather be short some numbers wise than just have a guy taking up a scholarship.

Advertisement
You keep Ibieta no matter what IMO
Look I trust the film and I get it, but there has to be a reason his next best offer is...Louisville? UVA? Then it's Memphis, Tulane, Louisiana Monroe and Kansas? Walk on offers from Wisconsin and Miss St? And i'm not a star ***** or offer ***** or anything, but it does beg the question.

I'm kicking him out if guys like Coleman and Payton want spots, if his came into jeopardy.

How does Payton leaving hurt? Other than being to add 1 to the WR count the guy can't catch the ball if you place it in his hands. Rather be short some numbers wise than just have a guy taking up a scholarship.
Agreed. I just mean you never know when the "light" may come on for them. ie it never did for Pope, but it did for Harley, and you see what happened. It's probably for the best if he left for 'personal reasons' anyways. This rocket is about to take off with or without the scrubs.

Notre dame offense with Kelly was ground and pound featuring the tight ends. Heck they had chase claypool and it’s not like he put up stupid numbers

Look I trust the film and I get it, but there has to be a reason his next best offer is...Louisville? UVA? Then it's Memphis, Tulane, Louisiana Monroe and Kansas? Walk on offers from Wisconsin and Miss St? And i'm not a star ***** or offer ***** or anything, but it does beg the question.
I trust what I saw on film. Maybe some coaches think he has limited physical growth potential but he looks way better than Horton.

Advertisement
Back