Need some help.

Cuban-Cane

Recruit
Hey y’all this is kinda personal and I know I argue with some of y’all sometimes but I feel like I need to ask this. I’m in college and I’m persuing a career in medicine but it just doesn’t get me going. I want to coach. I want to be involved in football at any level despite what it pays. I rather spend all this time I am spending hitting the books in studying schemes and everything I need to study to be a **** good coach. As you guys can see from the amount of times I have posted on this board in just a couple of months I love this stuff. I’m very young still so I can definitely learn a lot. My problem is I have no connections. I see all the time here that we have posters who are or have been coaches. I was wondering if someone knows of a program, internship, volunteering opportunity, etc. Just anything to help me build a network little by little. I know I’m a long shot, probably one in a million but I have to at least try. I can’t hide my love for this game much longer. Thank you guys in advance and Go Canes!

Advertisement
Volunteer at small private school to help the varsity or jv team. If you stick with it, be ready to move to different teams and different cities every 1-2 years for the next 30 years.

Overwhelmingly, coaches are former players. They then apply to be grad assistants at colleges. Don't limit yourself to one school. One division or one level. Consider any and all highschool positions too, but don't don't stay any place so long you feel like it's getting stale.

Advertisement
Your best shot at being a college coach is to play college ball. Just facts, you graduate then become a grad assistant and work up from there. I’m not sure if you have a playing history or not but if you do and you might have the skill set to play try getting into shape and playing D3 or something then tell them your plan to graduate and stay on a staff. Just an idea!

Hey y’all this is kinda personal and I know I argue with some of y’all sometimes but I feel like I need to ask this. I’m in college and I’m persuing a career in medicine but it just doesn’t get me going. I want to coach. I want to be involved in football at any level despite what it pays. I rather spend all this time I am spending hitting the books in studying schemes and everything I need to study to be a **** good coach. As you guys can see from the amount of times I have posted on this board in just a couple of months I love this stuff. I’m very young still so I can definitely learn a lot. My problem is I have no connections. I see all the time here that we have posters who are or have been coaches. I was wondering if someone knows of a program, internship, volunteering opportunity, etc. Just anything to help me build a network little by little. I know I’m a long shot, probably one in a million but I have to at least try. I can’t hide my love for this game much longer. Thank you guys in advance and Go Canes!
Hit up local high schools most coaches look for assistants. If you are straight forward with them most will find something for you to do in my experience

Kidnap kids from Africa like Genron does than sell them to highest SEC bidder.

Advertisement
You related to richt?

But good luck man. Hope it works out for you. I’d say volunteer for starters and then reach out to schools to help

Change your major to Sports Management(not necessary but could help). if you're at a school with good advisers you should be able to find an internship at a local community college/d2 or d3. At most in your first position you'll probably just be a scorekeeper for one of the sports teams but it gives you a resume builder and puts you in places where you'll meet coaches and athletic directors.

If you're trying to get into D1 right away that's unrealistic unless you know someone who can vouch for you.

@Cuban-Cane dude listen up .... this is a serious plan that came to me and i think you should do this .

contact this guy Dave Emerick at Wazzu. he is Mike leach's chief of staff.. ask him how you can write to Leach and ask him for
advice about what you want to do .

Dave Emerick 509-335-0254 dave.emerick@wsu.edu

follow Leach on Twitter too @Coach_Leach

Advertisement
Thank you guys. I played some in highschool but had to move and ended up at a small private school that didn’t have a football team. Only played varsity basketball there. I am currently at FIU and I don’t know who to reach out to.

Thank you guys. I played some in highschool but had to move and ended up at a small private school that didn’t have a football team. Only played varsity basketball there. I am currently at FIU and I don’t know who to reach out to.

I'd be open to starting your career outside of South Florida. Getting your start down in that area is next to impossible unless you have some connections.

Advertisement
You didn't play much, lack experience and very young. I think you should start from the ground up, you at fiu try tamiami.

Advertisement
Back