Need new injury rule

Advertisement
It would be so tough to determine whether it is a genuine injury.

But I like that rule I’ll amend it where you get three injury timeouts per half.

Once you’re out of injury timeouts, the injured player is out four plays unless you use one of your timeouts.

It would speed up the game as well. Get tired of seeing guys with a hand injury sitting on the ground for five minutes.
So you're essentially giving a team 6 time outs then.

Nah - if you leave the game injured, you're out for 3 plays. Simple.

If they can make a rule to kick a kid out of a game and a half for a tackle they don’t like, They can make a rule to put an injury on the bench for a few plays. Both rules, it could be argued, are player safety issues.

It could also be argued that both rules further enhance the offense, which has been a point of emphasis the last decade or so.

So you're essentially giving a team 6 time outs then.

Nah - if you leave the game injured, you're out for 3 plays. Simple.
You know what you’re right because teams would fake injuries to get an extra 3 timeouts.

I like that idea. It’s simple and it can be couched under the “safety for the players” BS like when the helmet comes off during the play.

You know what you’re right because teams would fake injuries to get an extra 3 timeouts.

I like that idea. It’s simple and it can be couched under the “safety for the players” BS like when the helmet comes off during the play.
They had 11 injury time outs last night. Most if not all when we were moving ball on offense

Advertisement
If they can figure and penalize diving in futbol then they can figure it out here, too. I would say sitting two full quarters beyond the given quarter would work. If a bowl game then ejection from game.

Numerous times when our offense was moving they faked an injury tonight. Did not see one of them looking hurt leaving field. One play later back in game. Need a rule if play stopped for injury that player should have to sit out 4 plays. Would stop some of the BS
Either that or cart them off IMMEDIATELY and let the game proceed. Doren went to the Butch Davis school of fakery.

Should have to sit the remainder of the series. It would stop the fake injuries and get the twisted ankles and jammed thumbs off the field quick to keep the game moving. College football games are almost 4 hours long now.

/play commercials on split screen during special teams.
THIS, if your really injured even just get a slight injury your usually out the remainder of the drive anyway.

Advertisement
Having to miss multiple snaps or rest of series would put a stop to it. It’s going to keep happening but what it tells me is we are winning. We are taking their soul and our offense should feed off that. You know deep down you are making their *** quit.

It's just a matter of time before someone does this to Alabama. Then they'll make a rule.

It's just a matter of time before someone does this to Alabama. Then they'll make a rule.
200w-1.gif

Yeah, they employ a better acting coach than Butch, but they had some discreetly timed injuries.

Advertisement
Have that particular player miss that drive and the next one on there side of the ball.

Mandatory
I was thinking one drive, but this solves the problem if a team is going in to score. If a player does NOT want to miss playing time, he'll get his butt off the field. If he is actually injured so badly they have to stop play, he obviously needs to take a mandatory break. Player safety, right? Think of the children!

It's called " strategic injury fakery".....directed by signals from the bench.
Officials need to tell Coaches that if they pull this sh**. They will call every hold on them the rest of the game. Coaches will get the word fast.

Advertisement
I was thinking one drive, but this solves the problem if a team is going in to score. If a player does NOT want to miss playing time, he'll get his butt off the field. If he is actually injured so badly they have to stop play, he obviously needs to take a mandatory break. Player safety, right? Think of the children!
2 drives is better because then your sacrificing the next drive. This is the way to fix it, then u have exhausted players but its the fakers fault. Have to install these rules cause of cheaters

Numerous times when our offense was moving they faked an injury tonight. Did not see one of them looking hurt leaving field. One play later back in game. Need a rule if play stopped for injury that player should have to sit out 4 plays. Would stop some of the BS
That's a really strong point!

Advertisement
Back