Need input, especially from students

Give the students better seats.

Where do they put them now?

When we used to play in the Miami Arena, they put us right there on the floor on the east end. Of course, there were only about 50 students and the crowd was generally pretty pathetic. Fun games though. We were ten feet away that time when Leonard Hamilton still had our guys in the huddle during a time out while Pitt inbounded the ball for a game winning layup with no defenders.

I was at that game. Worst part was the fact that they had already given him a warning.

Advertisement

When we used to play in the Miami Arena, they put us right there on the floor on the east end. Of course, there were only about 50 students and the crowd was generally pretty pathetic. Fun games though. We were ten feet away that time when Leonard Hamilton still had our guys in the huddle during a time out while Pitt inbounded the ball for a game winning layup with no defenders.

I was at that game. Worst part was the fact that they had already given him a warning.

Yep. Gave them the courtesy heads up, then handed the ball to the Pitt guy. Were you there the time when the opponent scored and all five of our players ran down the court? No one stayed to throw it in OR take the inbound. Those early Big East days were entertaining to say the least.

Yep. Gave them the courtesy heads up, then handed the ball to the Pitt guy. Were you there the time when the opponent scored and all five of our players ran down the court? No one stayed to throw it in OR take the inbound. Those early Big East days were entertaining to say the least.

That one I don't remember, but I went to most games back in those days with 1,000 others. Good times during the 0-18 season.

Advertisement
Pay several folks to set up tents and camp outside the arena the day before games to give the appearance that this is a "can't miss" event. The rest of the sheep will follow.

The environment at Canes games is beyond awful, but I would start with moving the student section. I'm not sure if they're able to at this point, but sitting behind the basket is less than ideal.

I also think some sort of incentive/points system would increase student attendance, whether it be free swag, basketball gear, etc.

Advertisement
Do a better job of marketing around campus. I don't think these kids know we have a team.

1. Win
2. Need a big OOC game
3. Allow tailgaiting/drinking at games
4. Win

I will never forget Duke game in 2013, been to World Series, NBA Finals, stanley cup finals, etc. That may go down as my most memorable game ever.

Advertisement
Back