Need input, especially from students

Advertisement
Advertisement
Raffle off stuff every game for free

like maybe a quick halftime TV appearance with Coach L

Advertisement
How would you increase student attendance at home hoops games?

Win?

That's about the only way to do it, and even then, students probably won't show en masse to a November or December game against a no-name opponent. They've done a much, much better job of turning out to conference games, and hopefully that keeps up this year. But ultimately, the only way to get students to show up is to win. As someone who ran the student section ten years ago, trust me on this.

Scheduling zero competitive out of conference home games is pretty weak. Can't blame students for not showing up for SC State and Wofford.

I think the biggest thing they could do that they don't is to involve Greek life more. Somehow gameify it to get as many fraternities and sororities to bring as many members to each game as possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the biggest thing they could do that they don't is to involve Greek life more. Somehow gameify it to get as many fraternities and sororities to bring as many members to each game as possible.

This right here is the best answer possible. Get greek life there and the rest will follow

Give the students better seats.

Where do they put them now?

When we used to play in the Miami Arena, they put us right there on the floor on the east end. Of course, there were only about 50 students and the crowd was generally pretty pathetic. Fun games though. We were ten feet away that time when Leonard Hamilton still had our guys in the huddle during a time out while Pitt inbounded the ball for a game winning layup with no defenders.

Advertisement
Back