Nebraska....

So it's basically just a case of some thinking we'll get Al Goldened.

Last I saw, we've been fairly decent at home under Golden and I still see no reason to fear anything about Nebraska. Sure, we have our own set of questions heading into the season, but this game is no more of a concern to me than any other should win opponent we face. I suspect we'll win this one.

Pitt says hi. That loss alone is enough to beat your argument. So inexcusable. But also, VT says hi as well.

Fantastic body of work with that post. We sucked last year, lost to FSU and then I thought I've read how the team just packed it in. Follow FSU up with a loss to UVA once again, the Pitt loss didn't seem improbable at the time.

The VT loss the previous season, that was a bad loss. I'll give you that, in particular in that it wasn't even close. I kept reading here how that would've been a win with Duke....now that's humorous.

Since you mention FSU, that should have also been a win with the way they played early. You can't use everyone else's comments about packing it in to justify a loss. The Pitt loss was inexcusable- period.

The reason we do well at home is because we schedule the easier teams at home. Just wait till Clemson, Nebraska, and GT beat us at home. 3-3 record this year.

Not true. We've been blown out once at home (Vtech 2013), since Golden has been here. We've had close losses against good teams, i.e., KSU, FSU (2012,2014). Looking back at our schedules, most seasons, we don't play more than 3 good teams...****, and we only have 1 season with 9 wins . 2012 was Golden's toughest schedule with 3 BCS bowl teams. Big difference for teams like Nebraska to play away from home, where they're not getting crunk from having 100K cheering for them. Their roster looks sorry for next year. I don't see us losing that game. In-fact, I can see Golden beating his chest about beating a program like Nebraska with the rich tradition of winning, and they end up finishing with 6 wins (2 against 1AA teams). OSU and UF all over again, except ****tier.

You get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Al lost this one as nothing surprises me anymore with this team under him.

Having said that, it's clear as day that people just want to say we'll lose a game because he's our head coach. We play better at home, regardless of no real home field advantage, and Nebraska is bringing a **** ton of questions into this game. On paper, we should win.

Advertisement
Pitt says hi. That loss alone is enough to beat your argument. So inexcusable. But also, VT says hi as well.

Fantastic body of work with that post. We sucked last year, lost to FSU and then I thought I've read how the team just packed it in. Follow FSU up with a loss to UVA once again, the Pitt loss didn't seem improbable at the time.

The VT loss the previous season, that was a bad loss. I'll give you that, in particular in that it wasn't even close. I kept reading here how that would've been a win with Duke....now that's humorous.

Since you mention FSU, that should have also been a win with the way they played early. You can't use everyone else's comments about packing it in to justify a loss. The Pitt loss was inexcusable- period.

The reason we do well at home is because we schedule the easier teams at home. Just wait till Clemson, Nebraska, and GT beat us at home. 3-3 record this year.

Not true. We've been blown out once at home (Vtech 2013), since Golden has been here. We've had close losses against good teams, i.e., KSU, FSU (2012,2014). Looking back at our schedules, most seasons, we don't play more than 3 good teams...****, and we only have 1 season with 9 wins . 2012 was Golden's toughest schedule with 3 BCS bowl teams. Big difference for teams like Nebraska to play away from home, where they're not getting crunk from having 100K cheering for them. Their roster looks sorry for next year. I don't see us losing that game. In-fact, I can see Golden beating his chest about beating a program like Nebraska with the rich tradition of winning, and they end up finishing with 6 wins (2 against 1AA teams). OSU and UF all over again, except ****tier.

You get it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Al lost this one as nothing surprises me anymore with this team under him.

Having said that, it's clear as day that people just want to say we'll lose a game because he's our head coach. We play better at home, regardless of no real home field advantage, and Nebraska is bringing a **** ton of questions into this game. On paper, we should win.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't get it.

Also Barboni, just because we were close to beating KSU and FSU doesn't mean we did. We lost that's all that matters. Look at Golden's home wins and none of them are against good teams. Since you bring up 2011, don't forget the loss to BC which was another terrible loss.

The history is on my side. Golden's wins at home are not impressive so don't make it seem like we will win because Golden is better at home. He isn't good period. Not at home, not on road.

You get it.

Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I don't get it.

Also Barboni, just because we were close to beating KSU and FSU doesn't mean we did. We lost that's all that matters. Look at Golden's home wins and none of them are against good teams. Since you bring up 2011, don't forget the loss to BC which was another terrible loss.

The history is on my side. Golden's wins at home are not impressive so don't make it seem like we will win because Golden is better at home. He isn't good period. Not at home, not on road.

I'm not making this about whether he's a good coach or not (obviously he's not),you're doing that. He has a better margin of victory/loss at home against QUALITY opponents. We play as many quality opponents at home as we do away. I disagreed with your post regarding Neb, they're trash. Go look at that roster...trash.

Last edited:
Why do people keep expecting anything from them? They're basically replacing their entire offense (whole OL, top two WR's, AA, etc) and today on paper look like a dud on offense with a QB who can't hit the broadside of a barn. Having AA last year, that should've made his passing game easy and now he's gone. What gives?

We got waxed by Pitt and Va so we should expect something from **** near everyone we play.

That's the sad bottom line, its not about expecting much from Nebraska, just less from our own squad with this crew leading them.

UM

Advertisement
I'm not making this about whether he's a good coach or not (obviously he's not),you're doing that. He has a better margin of victory/loss at home against QUALITY opponents. We play as many quality opponents at home as we do away. I disagreed with your post regarding Neb, they're trash. Go look at that roster...trash.

Look at me, Ray.

That's simply not correct.

Look at me, Ray.

Why don't you take a look at this...

KSU, OSU, NEB, UF, etc... all scheduled as H&A. Coastal opponents rotate, yearly. Same for FSU. We play our 1AA opponents only at home, like every other BCS D1 program. Most of the teams that we play suck. All games are scheduled years in advanced...

Don't you puke on my shoes.

Last edited:

Look at me, Ray.

Why don't you take a look at this...

KSU, OSU, NEB, UF, etc... all scheduled as H&A. Coastal opponents rotate, yearly. Same for FSU. We play our 1AA opponents only at home, like every other BCS D1 program. Most of the teams that we play suck. All games are scheduled years in advanced...

Don't you puke on my shoes.

The only variable in your whole analysis is the 1AA opponents. We don't play them on the road. Therein lies the answer. Home schedule is softer than away schedule.

They say the ******* smog is the ******* reason we have such beautiful ******* sunsets.

Last edited:
If we look anything but prepared for this game, Golden should be done after the game. We have 2 warm up games. BC being an automatic win and then FAU on the road for a a little more competition. 2 games to get rust and timing down. We get an extra day to prepare for Nebraska and it's a primetime game at home. It will take a lot for Golden to mess this game up.

Advertisement
Many thought UL getting a whole new coaching staff, new QB, and their best players being injured would guarantee us a win last season. Didn't happen.

Never underestimate the incompetence of Al golden
[MENTION=3972]NVA CANE[/MENTION]: Again, you took the thought right out of my head. UL was replacing a whole coaching staff and not one, but two of their best offensive players were injured, and they were breaking in a brand new QB...YET, we found a way to get blown out on national TV again...this coming from us getting smacked the year before on national TV by the same team and this was supposed to be our "revenge" game. smh. As long as we play any competent NCAA opponent, we will lose.

Last edited:
Has more to do with golden than anything. You can't trust that guy against any team with a pulse.
Was interesting to watch one of those U of Miami programs on ESPN.This segment talk about Miami being in a losing streak with
Butch Davis at the helm.It was described as a disaster until they beat UCLA who was ranked #2 in the nation.Then all of a sudden
he's a great coach.Perhaps win over Nebraska will be turning point.

Lol. That "UCLA-Type Game" was the FSU game last year. The turning point came and went.

[MENTION=6738]wherrera8[/MENTION]: lol at Pete for comparing the No. 2 RANKED TEAM IN THE NATION to an unranked Nebraska team as a "turning point" game. lol. First off, can we stop w/ the Golden/Davis comparisons. Yes Davis stunk up the joint in year 4 like Golden, but let's be honest...Davis dealt w/ a horrific situation at the U where he had to be creative in getting guys on the football team and he actually beat FSU during his first four years here AND beat team's with pulses...this coming on the heels of having a make-shift roster. Golden since 2012-2014 had continously pulled in top 15 classes and yet has done nothing with them. Oh, and the cloud he dealt with was nothing more than precipitation.

You get it.

To be fair, we're rolling out our own question marks as well:

1) Who's going to step in place for Duke now that the program's all-time leading rusher is in the NFL?
2) How's the defense going to look with our Perryman at MLB.
3) Who's going to praise one of our most consistent LTs on the line in Flowers?
4) Dobard will likely become the de facto no.1 TE. But will he get the same production as Walford?

I hope we get blown out by Nebraska. The watergirls then punch Al Pyrite in the stomach and stomp him and James trips on his wife's **** as he is trying to get away.

Advertisement
Why do people keep expecting anything from them? They're basically replacing their entire offense (whole OL, top two WR's, AA, etc) and today on paper look like a dud on offense with a QB who can't hit the broadside of a barn. Having AA last year, that should've made his passing game easy and now he's gone. What gives?

maxresdefault.jpg

Al+Golden+Miami+v+North+Carolina+OBh4ipMgGfjl.jpg

WILLIAMS.JPG

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

So it's basically just a case of some thinking we'll get Al Goldened.

Last I saw, we've been fairly decent at home under Golden and I still see no reason to fear anything about Nebraska. Sure, we have our own set of questions heading into the season, but this game is no more of a concern to me than any other should win opponent we face. I suspect we'll win this one.

Good at home under golden against who? You seem to throw that meaningless stat around like it means something but fail to recognize that golden fails miserable against most any team with a decent coach and players. See, that's the problem. Golden hasn't done anything to make one suggest he will fair well against even an unknown team like nebraska. Chances are nebraska has just as good or better players than Virginia has and golden can't seem to beat those guys consistently even when they suck.

Nebraska doesn't have decent players returning, I thought I made that clear in my first post. I'm not sold at all on Riley and his QB doesn't suit his offense a all, never mind they lost basically their entire offense.

As for fairly decent at home, his 20-8 record is just that. Teams he typically loses to on the road, for whatever reason the odds of a win increase at home. The other places are maybe too loud, long walk to the stadium, in windy areas, or whatever.

Golden is a crappy coach, everyone gets that. However, Nebraska isn't one we should lose so I was asking why people think they'll be anything special. Nobody has said a thing about them, just about how crappy Golden is. I guess we might as well just predict every game a loss with that thinking.

Let me use Virginia as an example so I can make my point more clearer.....Virginia went 2-10 In 2013 and didn't return chit of that team and they beat Miami 30-13 in 2014 while going 5-7. So again I ask you what has golden done to make you think he will automatically beat nebraska ? Is it because you think they return nothing? Golden has already proven that fact doesn't mean anything. Do u need more examples?

I actually believe Miami will win this game, and it will be our biggest victory (as far as program name wise) of the season; however, Nebraska will end up having a ****** record.

Advertisement
Care to list his away record with neutral site games included?

Bottom line, his team's do better at home and it's not even debatable. As it should be, but we all know Joe Robbie has been anything but a home field advantage. The same crap teams we usually lose to on the road, we stand a fair chance at home. I don't know if this was true at Temple and don't care.

Edit: You can't use Ark State either. Half the geniuses around here were predicting a win for them.

No need too. I don't understand why you think you can predict how chitty golden will perform given a circumstance when he's already proven everything to the contrary. He beat a 7-6 spit team on the road in 2013 and then lost to 6-7 spitt last year at home. Golden sucks so bad you can't predict his suckiness.

I'm waiting for you to provide an example of what your talking about but I haven't seen one

maxresdefault.jpg

Al+Golden+Miami+v+North+Carolina+OBh4ipMgGfjl.jpg

WILLIAMS.JPG

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

LMAO.....NUFF SAID

look at that roster...trash.

I can't wait till that stadium is 1:1 Huskers to Canes fans and Nebraska shows you what talent development and coaching does to your staff. I will fully admit we have middle of the road recruiting and its pathetic, that being said, our DL (and specifically DTs) is going to make that game **** for your ok OL. Also, we are not basically rebuilding our OL, our OL is basically back along with upgrades. QB will suck equally as last year, WRs should be just as good, RB will dearly miss Abdullah, but lots of young talent so hopefully someone separates themselves. We don't need to be world beaters to run the ball against 5-6 men in the box though.

This sounds a lot like the same crap I heard going in to the Louisville game last year

Advertisement
Back