Nebraska vs McNeese St

Drew95

Recruit
Too many people putting far too much emphasis on the Nebraska and McNeese St game. Each game is different.

McNeese was more talented than either of the first three opponents on Nebraska OOC schedule. I don't care division. I would put $ on McNeese beating FAU and Fresno St.

The Nebraska McNeese St game was one play from no one taking notice.

Nebraska was up 21 - 7, had ball inside McNeese St 10 yard line and about to go up 28-7. At that Nebraska probably adds another td or two, Mceese gets maybe 14-17 total points and no one notices.

But, Tommy Armstrong doesn't see Jordan Westerkamp giving him a hand signal behind his back, indicating that he is adjusting his route pre snap. Tommy throws ball inside instead of outside, is intercepted and taken back for td. That td and 14 point swing kept McNeese in the rest of the game.

Just the way it goes sometimes.

Advertisement
Meanwhile, we can't beat a good team. What the **** is your point?

Advertisement
Is this ******* a Nebraska fan?
That or he is a:

the-bright-side-coaster-proffessional-slurper-588-p.jpg

Like gtfoh with that Nebraska is not good. We have made plenty of QBS and RBs heisman candidates. Nothing new. They will be stuffed by the first competent DC they play

Yes, that interception had everything to do with McNeese St. holding you guys to 195 yards rushing, while you gashed us for 300 plus.

I feel much better.

Too many people putting far too much emphasis on the Nebraska and McNeese St game. Each game is different.

McNeese was more talented than either of the first three opponents on Nebraska OOC schedule. I don't care division. I would put $ on McNeese beating FAU and Fresno St.

The Nebraska McNeese St game was one play from no one taking notice.

Nebraska was up 21 - 7, had ball inside McNeese St 10 yard line and about to go up 28-7. At that Nebraska probably adds another td or two, Mceese gets maybe 14-17 total points and no one notices.

But, Tommy Armstrong doesn't see Jordan Westerkamp giving him a hand signal behind his back, indicating that he is adjusting his route pre snap. Tommy throws ball inside instead of outside, is intercepted and taken back for td. That td and 14 point swing kept McNeese in the rest of the game.

Just the way it goes sometimes.

Advertisement
Grace says "sometimes (linebackers) have to cover slot receivers" in Mark D'Onofrio's defense.

But he says there is also supposed to be help over the top from the safety as well.

"Most of the time if we're in man and I have to stick a receiver I'm capable of doing it," Grace said.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Just continue to listen to the players and the will tell you everything you need to know....so if the linemen are not supposed to penetrate the line and the LB's are often covering the slot receiver, then who **** is making the plays out there on defense?

Nebraska OL with a combined 14 or so starts, 12 or so with one player just didn't play well against McNeese. They didn't adjust on the fly well to all the weird stunting, twisting that an undersized McNeese DL did. Add a lot of blitzes and you get the less than productive day. It happens.

They performed much better as a group against FAU, FSU and Miami. Sometimes smaller fronts can cause issues to inexperienced OL group especially when blitzing behind the DL. Is what it is.

go back to the nebraska board you ***** tired of these same threads from you your team sucks and should've lost to mcneese st stop making excuses

Advertisement
No excuses. Who makes excuses for a W?

Simply am a football fan that enjoys dissecting and discussing the intricacies of the game.

Just telling it like it is. No gray area.

K. Good

Advertisement
Just because your an idiot lets say they do get those two TDs and McNeese nobody doesn't get close to pulling off the upset......we still gave up the same amount of points as McNeese State?

That's a moral victory!

See what Golden has done to us, he sucks so bad, an inbred from Nebraska is coming to our board to tell us how good his ****** team is.

Thanks, Al

Advertisement
Back