Nebraska radio ****ting on Gorlden

Problem2

All-American
Premium
"Al Golden is Bo Pelini with a worse record"

"Mike Reily's a significantly better coach in every single facet"

"Nobody has done less with more then Al Golden"

"How he made it past 2014 going 6-7 with that roster, I'll never know"

"Al Golden goes 6-7 and has 7 players drafted in the NFL, I don't want to hear anything about sanctions and Nevin Shapiro"

"Al Golden can't coach his way out of a paper bag"

"His best wins are Duke and Cincinnati"

http://www.theticketfm.com/podcasts/dropthemike/2015_09_16_01.mp3

:roll-canes2:

Spitting more truth then any of lame shills on the radio in Miami

Last edited:
Advertisement
Those guys don't know anything. They aren't close to the program like the parents of players and recruits. They don't know how it is in the locker room. I bet they never played a down of football in their lives.

Those guys don't know anything. They aren't close to the program like the parents of players and recruits. They don't know how it is in the locker room. I bet they never played a down of football in their lives.

They have NO IDEA how we're going to use our unity on Saturday.

Who cares what they think in Nebraska, it's what we think!
Frankly if I think changes need to be made here, I don't go the cornfields to get some kind of affirmation of my opinion.

Advertisement

"Al Golden goes 6-7 and has 7 players drafted in the NFL, I don't want to hear anything about sanctions and Nevin Shapiro"

Spitting more truth than some of our dumbass fans.

:U5PyXda:

But part of it, I think, is because Golden, in reacting to that scandal, aspired to turn Miami into something altogether different, something that contradicted the program's countercultural historical identity.

Golden played football at Penn State, and is a protégé of Joe Paterno, the coach who long stood for the symbolic idealism of college sports (at least until the Jerry Sandusky scandal upended that public profile). Golden wears a shirt and tie on the sideline, as Paterno did; Golden is committed to abiding by the rules and working within the system, but maybe this is the wrong approach altogether for a program that made its name by bucking the rules.

If Golden loses on Saturday, the chances of him retaining his job beyond this season grow ever slimmer. Even if he wins, he might still have no chance. The fanbase at Miami has already turned on him, in part because Golden regressed from nine wins in 2013 to a 6-7 record last year. Anything short of an appearance in the ACC Championship game might not be enough to permit him another season at Miami. And maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe Golden would be a better fit at a program with a simpler history, a blocky and conservative agricultural institution like Iowa State or Indiana. And maybe Miami would be better off with a coach who fits ethos of the region: Someone slick, someone fast-talking, someone who will do whatever it takes to win.

Miami's Golden Age: Hurricanes' Heyday a Distant Memory Under Coach Al | Rolling Stone

Listening.

He is ETHERING Golden.

Advertisement

best quote I've seen..."nobody has done less with more than al golden. winning this game isn't going to help him much in the end but its going to get as ugly as we have ever seen if we lose.

But part of it, I think, is because Golden, in reacting to that scandal, aspired to turn Miami into something altogether different, something that contradicted the program's countercultural historical identity.

Golden played football at Penn State, and is a protégé of Joe Paterno, the coach who long stood for the symbolic idealism of college sports (at least until the Jerry Sandusky scandal upended that public profile). Golden wears a shirt and tie on the sideline, as Paterno did; Golden is committed to abiding by the rules and working within the system, but maybe this is the wrong approach altogether for a program that made its name by bucking the rules.

If Golden loses on Saturday, the chances of him retaining his job beyond this season grow ever slimmer. Even if he wins, he might still have no chance. The fanbase at Miami has already turned on him, in part because Golden regressed from nine wins in 2013 to a 6-7 record last year. Anything short of an appearance in the ACC Championship game might not be enough to permit him another season at Miami. And maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe Golden would be a better fit at a program with a simpler history, a blocky and conservative agricultural institution like Iowa State or Indiana. And maybe Miami would be better off with a coach who fits ethos of the region: Someone slick, someone fast-talking, someone who will do whatever it takes to win.

Miami's Golden Age: Hurricanes' Heyday a Distant Memory Under Coach Al | Rolling Stone

That's a must read.

Jeez, give Al Golden a chance this season before all this meany, negativity stuff.

Gosh darnit you people aren't being fair to the man!

-- S. FLA media

Advertisement
"Al Golden is Bo Pelini with a worse record"

"Al Golden can't coach his way out of a paper bag"

"His best wins are Duke and Cincinnati"

down here, you're an ingrate if you don't automatically support everything you see on the field. you're a bad fan if you complain about the crappy staff that has failed the school the last four years. they'll also tell you that he needs more time bc he lost 9 scholarships and thats the reason no one understands how to play defense

Just wait until you see what they do to Als game plan ( providing he has one )
I see Doritos Wefence being on the field a long time..
Kayaa may get injured, starting the slew of excuses soon to be rolling all over the Hect/ local news

Advertisement
It's amazing how much truth is being spit about Folden outside of the local radio station controlled by UM (WQAM) and the local alleged reporters trying to keep friendly access to UM. The local roly poly UM beat writers are scared to suffer the steely glares from Folden and the wrath of UM's feeble and incompetent dictatorial robo-elves in the hashtag department.

That's a must read.

if you read it, you're a bad fan and fair-weather as they come. you must support golden no matter what because he hasn't gotten enough time.

The fundamental problem with Golden is outline in the article and I have been saying this for 3 years:

He does not understand nor embrace the culture down here. Not just at UM, but Miami in general.

We are a city of flash, in your face, sh*t talking people who spend more money than we make, but have a **** of a good time doing it.

Golden is trying to fit his Paterno-esque philosophy which works on a bunch of middle american steel working people, into kids from the pork and beans.

Nebraska is trash. And Mike Reilly isn't good himself. At least Nebradka was a guaranteed 9 wins with the occasional 10 with Bo. I don't know what Mike is. Nebraska needs to realize that this isn't the 70-90's anymore.

Advertisement
Back