Nebraska Post Game Plus/Minus

Stack the box, the Nebraska O line then pass blocks and Armstrong hurts D with pass game to Bell and Westerkamp. You miss the first Nebraska touchdown? This isn't Nebraska of 20 years ago or even Eric Crouch. Have explosive players at wr and a strong armed qb.

Advertisement
Once again Offense was not the issue here. Their performance was worth 31+ points tonight. Against a mostly one dimensional team, I take that every time. There's going to be changes on the defensive side of the ball, but we'll win 7 or 8 games and al isn't going anywhere.

Stack the box, the Nebraska O line then pass blocks and Armstrong hurts D with pass game to Bell and Westerkamp. You miss the first Nebraska touchdown? This isn't Nebraska of 20 years ago or even Eric Crouch. Have explosive players at wr and a strong armed qb.

There is zero evidence to suggest this. Why? Because we didn't even try it. We did on the other hand get beat like a drum by the same guy in the same way for 37 run plays in a row.

But we didn't get burned by explosive wr's unless you call running 7 yrds down field and waiting for them to block us getting burned.

Plus:

+ Nobody

Even:

= Brad Kaaya: Looked really good at times and orchestrated some really solid TD drives. He also threw 2 picks, should've been 3. He now has 7 on the season. That's to be expected with a freshman thrust into the big job, but he needs to protect the football better.

= Duke Johnson: Made some big plays tonight, but his fumble was a back-breaker.

Minus:

- The entire coaching staff: No explanation needed.

- The entire defense: No explanation needed.

- The entire offensive line: No explanation needed.

- Taylor Gadbois: Get him out of my face.

Official Gif of this game:

iVtxUGf.gif

Thoughts?

Probably no recap this week. 17th century colonial America beckons. I might have something on Monday or Tuesday.

I was actually good with the offensive play calling, if we had half of that again Louisville we win. There was some aggression to it. Now the defense, REALLY man. Then Franklin going to talk about getting off blocks, if they are not, give them some flipping help!!!!

Advertisement
This coaching staff isn't going anywhere. Golden just got extended till 2020, I think.

Enjoy what you have.

We're going to continue to get blown out by every FBS team we play.

That extension was almost 3 years ago and without knowing the details, we have no way of knowing the buyout; it could be manageable for all we know.

If our defense had been half decent, that was a winnable game. We kept making mistakes while waiting for the Huskers to make some. We're going to have to score a lot of points this year because the defense is crap.

Minus: Run D, coaches and players.
Plus: Offense, Kaaya showed a lot of growth since Louisville. FWIW - Coastal is still up for grabs

Advertisement
Back