ND's Defense

90th vs pass and 30th vs run. This game will come down to their run O vs our D.

Here's what's funny. Everyone and their mother knows what ND wants to do. NC State had the 6th ranked rush D. Hadn't allowed a single hundred yard rusher in two years or something crazy like that. Adams had that in the first quarter. He had 200 for the game, and Wimbush also went for 100.

Wake Forest led the country in TFL coming into the game. ND solves that. Wake knew ND wanted to run. Without Adams ND still ran for close to 400 yards.

You know you have a good team when the other team knows what you're going to do and they STILL can't stop it.

I real that ND hasn't faces and team like Miami. We heard that for USC and NC State. This is nothing new.

What you can certainly say though is that this will be the most physical team Miami plays. The best way to counter speed (which ND also has) if by punching the other team in the mouthm. I expect nothing less than a great game.

I expect a great game as well, but the teams you mentioned were all losers. You forgot to mention what the winner Georgia did. They too knew what you liked to do and do you know what they did? Held you to 55 yards rushing as a team. Pounded your qb into 3 to's and a 19% qbr.

We are not Wake or USC we would beat both of them at their place or ours. Granted you guys controlled Frohm pretty well they ran on you pretty well and were able to complete some long passes on you.

Just sayin don't look for NcSt or Wake Saturday night. It'll be the canes and we're better than all those teams, maybe not Georgia(yet) but we're improving weekly.

I don't think ND really knew who they were yet. I think the game now would be higher scoring on both sides, not sure who would win.

Not expecting Wake Forrest, nor NC State.

But I think ND has been exposed to teams similar to Miami in USC and Georgia in terms of speed. I'm just not sure that Miami has been exposed to a team with ND's physicality. It should be an interesting game.

If ND can weather the initial surge from Miami, and go into the second half with a small deficit to overcome, or a small lead, it could bode well for ND. They tend to wear teams down as the game goes along, and it doesn't matter if the opponent has the ability to rotate players or not.

We're not going to get mauled all night. There is too much team pride for that. VT is a legit team that you're discrediting for no good reason. The only reason they are ranked #17 is because they just lost last week. Prior to that they were rated higher than USC who just now got back into the top 15 and prior to that were not in the top 20.

You'll see on Saturday that USC is not a good team to compare us to.

Can't wish you good luck, but peace.

I hadnt mentioned VT at all, but since you brought them up....it's hard for me to say they're any good. The two teams with another sort of pulse that beat them averaged 30 points. They held Delaware, ODU, BC, and UNC to minimal points, but they suck.

ND has held everyone other than Wake to 20 or less. Even then, ND was beating wake 41 t0 16 in the late third, when they started putting in non starters.

I don't think VT is as good as their ranking or record

Last edited:
Advertisement
-Their defense was trash last year, then they fire their defensive coordinator a couple weeks before playing us.

-Meanwhile, Wake Forest had one of the worst offenses in the FBS, but one of the best defenses, led by DC Mike Elko. In 2016, Wake Forest's defense ranked in the top 20 for FBS in defensive touchdowns scored, turnovers, red zone defense, sacks, and scoring defense. Only 3 other teams did that last year, all playoff teams (Washington, Clemson, and Bama). He had a playoff caliber defense at wake forest....

-During the off season ND hired Mike Elko and his LB coach. So he pretty much brought a playoff caliber ACC defense to ND and ofcourse, they have much better talent than Wake Forest. This explains why ND defense is much better than last year, and also explains why ironically...Wake Forest put up the most points on them. They know his defense better than any other team.

awesome

Their defense ain’t that good...
[TWEET]928078132330090496[/TWEET]
Vt defense who is top 10 in the country is much better

90th vs pass and 30th vs run. This game will come down to their run O vs our D.

Here's what's funny. Everyone and their mother knows what ND wants to do. NC State had the 6th ranked rush D. Hadn't allowed a single hundred yard rusher in two years or something crazy like that. Adams had that in the first quarter. He had 200 for the game, and Wimbush also went for 100.

Wake Forest led the country in TFL coming into the game. ND solves that. Wake knew ND wanted to run. Without Adams ND still ran for close to 400 yards.

You know you have a good team when the other team knows what you're going to do and they STILL can't stop it.

I real that ND hasn't faces and team like Miami. We heard that for USC and NC State. This is nothing new.

What you can certainly say though is that this will be the most physical team Miami plays. The best way to counter speed (which ND also has) if by punching the other team in the mouthm. I expect nothing less than a great game.

I expect a great game as well, but the teams you mentioned were all losers. You forgot to mention what the winner Georgia did. They too knew what you liked to do and do you know what they did? Held you to 55 yards rushing as a team. Pounded your qb into 3 to's and a 19% qbr.

We are not Wake or USC we would beat both of them at their place or ours. Granted you guys controlled Frohm pretty well they ran on you pretty well and were able to complete some long passes on you.

Just sayin don't look for NcSt or Wake Saturday night. It'll be the canes and we're better than all those teams, maybe not Georgia(yet) but we're improving weekly.

A true freshman making his first road start.

They got rid of Brian Vangorder.

This. He was their donofrio and we all know how much difference a good DC can make over a sh1tty one.

Plus, they haven't exactly played offensive juggernauts. Look at their "best" games...

UGA - faced a true fresh QB in his 1st road start
BC - 97th in total offense
USC- 14th in total offense but have no defense
Wake - were missing their best player (Dortch)
MSU - 63rd in the country

In their 2 best wins - USC and MSU - the opposing teams each turned it over 3 times to ND's 0.

As I've said, I don't think they've faced a team like ours with our playmakers and our defense. If we turn it over 3x to ND's 0, we'll lose. But, if we have 0-1 TO, it's a wrap - ball game.
ND has heard this every week. Always an excuse by or for the other team. Miami might have a chip on their shoulder because of the lack of recognition for what they've done so far, but so does ND. Keep in mind that ND, if they beat Miami , will have beat 3 teams that are currently ranked 12th or better, and 4 teams with a top 25 ranking. If Stanford creeps back up into the rankings, that will be 5 teams. That would be pretty **** impressive.

Lack of recognition for ND? You’re ranked 3rd in the nation with a 1 in the loss column.

Win or lose tonight, don’t know why we get so many dunces like this on our board before games.

Advertisement
Back