ND v Texas game discussion

Deshon Kizer is for real. And that receiver with that dumb *** name. We'll be good but I can't see us beating them with our depth issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we'd have to play a **** of a game, but their defense was fragile tonight. We're talking a Charlie Strong offense dropping 50...

Advertisement
Anyone else thoroughly unimpressed with Notre Dame's D? Gimme Kaaya vs what I just saw over Kizer vs us rotating in Jon Richt at LB anyday- even in their house. Brian Kelly showed what a pu$$y he is tonight too by opting for punts and 3rd down draw plays against a Skrong team that was just begging to give that game away late.

We didn't just witness some great game tonight. We witnessed an overrated Notre Dame team playing down to a pumped up Texas team in a very sloppy game.

Anyone else thoroughly unimpressed with Notre Dame's D? Gimme Kaaya vs what I just saw over Kizer vs us rotating in Jon Richt at LB anyday- even in their house. Brian Kelly showed what a pu$$y he is tonight too by opting for punts and 3rd down draw plays against a Skrong team that was just begging to give that game away late.

We didn't just witness some great game tonight. We witnessed an overrated Notre Dame team playing down to a pumped up Texas team in a very sloppy game.
We got the starters to win. Problem is we don't have the depth, not at Oline, LB or DB. So it depends on injuries. Also our Oline will have their hands full. We can beat them but our roster problems may prevent us from doing so

Advertisement
kizer man...can we contain him?
We got plenty of speed at DE... Yeah we can keep him in the pocket.

Also, you gotta remember... Time Of Possession is the key to tough road games against teams like that.

We'll be pounding the rock with Walton & Yearby, then beat'em with the deep ball down the field with Coley & Richards. Plus, what S or LB do they have that can cover Joku or Herndon?

They lost most of their defense to the NFL, they're not going to be this impossible team to beat this year.

We got the starters to win. Problem is we don't have the depth, not at Oline, LB or DB. So it depends on injuries. Also our Oline will have their hands full. We can beat them but our roster problems may prevent us from doing so

I don't necessarily disagree but if Steve Buechele Jr. can essentially beat them then I have faith that a veteran like Kaaya can.....or should. I see/hope this as a game where we end up saying that's one he pretty much won on his own. Not that Notre Dame looked good against the run tonight either. Jesuchristo, Swoopes seemingly injured 4 of their guys on one QB run.

Advertisement

I don't necessarily disagree but if Steve Buechele Jr. can essentially beat them then I have faith that a veteran like Kaaya can.....or should. I see/hope this as a game where we end up saying that's one he pretty much won on his own. Not that Notre Dame looked good against the run tonight either. Jesuchristo, Swoopes seemingly injured 4 of their guys on one QB run.
I think their line fatigued towards the end but who can blame them when you've got that savage swoopes pummeling your defense. ND also has to play Michigan State and Stanford so hopefully they'll be beat up. Problem is they have a bye the week before playing us.

Should be a good game

Anyone else thoroughly unimpressed with Notre Dame's D? Gimme Kaaya vs what I just saw over Kizer vs us rotating in Jon Richt at LB anyday- even in their house.
This and they could not even stop a simple running play up the middle most of the game. I can see Walton, Yearby and Gus picking up yards up the middle of their defense.

All I could think watching it was that Coley & Richards deep
+ our triple RB threat will probably be too much for ND to handle.
That said, I'll also take the over - neither D will shut the other down.

Advertisement
Deshon Kizer is for real. And that receiver with that dumb *** name. We'll be good but I can't see us beating them with our depth issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we'd have to play a **** of a game, but their defense was fragile tonight. We're talking a Charlie Strong offense dropping 50...

I feel a lot better about the ND game after watching last night. I think we are beating FSU this year and now I think we have shot at ND(got to remember it there and they cheat). Absent more injuries, those are really our only games we should not win easily. I am thinking our big boy FB will get some yards against ND after Brad stings them deep(Golden could take advantage of them dropping the safeties 20 yards after PD made them pee themselves). Our new bad boy MLB will have to keep ND QBs from running up the middle after our Dline flushes them, but that is the only threat I see. That and the frigging refs.

This really has been the greatest opening week of college football. So many amazing games. So many top teams getting exposed.

ND-Texas was really a great game.

Anyone that dismissed Charlie Strong as a corch will likely be eating their words. He's a good coach. It takes time to undo the country club culture a laissez faire coach instills at a University. We should know this more than anyone. Texas still has a long way to go, but ND, along with Oklahoma and Baylor last year, are two nice tent pole wins for the Strong going forward. There is no reason this can't be a 9-win Texas team. They just can't afford to put up stinkers against the Iowa States, Cals, TTechs, WVUs of the world like they have in the past.

Advertisement
That was a fun game to watch. I don't mind seeing ND lose (in fact I love it). Another loss or two will hurt their confidence and help our chances in South Bend. Hopefully we stay healthy.

We are going to be running the ball. Kaaya is going to be infinitely better when the other team knows Richt is known for running the ball. Look for AR81 to have a huge season catching bombs. ND secondary looks like they have some slow people back there as well. It's going to be tough on the road but I also chalked this one up as a loss in my predictions.

Sent from my SM-N930T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back