ND Miami Rivalry (great article, SIAP)

Advertisement
I really wish everyone would stop calling the game a rivalry. A team you don’t play for 5 or 20 years at a time shouldn’t be considered a rival. I put the Gators in the same ****** bag. They play Stanford and USC every year but this is the event game of the decade?

And then **** decides when they will play like they’re doing Miami a favor. **** ****! I hope this is the last game Miami plays them forever.

FSU is a rival. This game should never get a higher billing than ANY FSU game.

Call it a game and nothing more, and certainly not a rivalry.

I really wish everyone would stop calling the game a rivalry. A team you don’t play for 5 or 20 years at a time shouldn’t be considered a rival. I put the Gators in the same ****** bag. They play Stanford and USC every year but this is the event game of the decade?

And then **** decides when they will play like they’re doing Miami a favor. **** ****! I hope this is the last game Miami plays them forever.

this is a stupid take.

UF and ND are rivals for us. We have too much history for it not to be considered one.

VTech is also one of our rivals.

Obviously FSU is our biggest rival.

I really wish everyone would stop calling the game a rivalry. A team you don’t play for 5 or 20 years at a time shouldn’t be considered a rival. I put the Gators in the same ****ty bag. They play Stanford and USC every year but this is the event game of the decade?

this is a stupid take.

UF and ND are rivals for us. We have too much history for it not to be considered one.

That’s even stupider. You want them to be rivals; they don’t have to be. A team that you play every time comets return shouldn’t be considered a rival. They should be considered irrelevant.

But when you just need to feel important about something because…”we’ll its UF or ****, and the atmosphere...” like 14 year old girl, then you’ll reach to make them a rival.

Advertisement
I really wish everyone would stop calling the game a rivalry. A team you don’t play for 5 or 20 years at a time shouldn’t be considered a rival. I put the Gators in the same ****ty bag. They play Stanford and USC every year but this is the event game of the decade?

call it what you want to call it but anytime two schools hate each other so much and there is so much bad blood they have to stop playing each other, its a rivalry in my book.

this is a stupid take.

That’s even stupider. You want them to be rivals; they don’t have to be. A team that you play every time comets return shouldn’t be considered a rival. They should be considered irrelevant.

But when you just need to feel important about something because…”we’ll its UF or ****, and the atmosphere...” like 14 year old girl, then you’ll reach to make them a rival.

you're just plain wrong dude.

this is a stupid take.

you're just plain wrong dude.
Maybe you’re right that I’m stupid and wrong. Emphasis on stupid. But, I want Miami to have zero to do with **** until they join a conference. (Well, maybe ever, but I’m trying to modify my stance)

How many 30 for 30's have been made about rivalries in college football? Less than 3?

Miami and ND is one of those.

The history, the hate... everything about this is a rivalry.

Advertisement

this is a stupid take.

I think the middle ground for this is calling it a historic rivalry. Its not a current rivalry because we do not play each other on a regular enough basis, but you can't deny the history that is behind this game. And I think that games between non-rivals can be bigger than rivalry games. Like I ****** hate USC, but if they suck and we're in a huge matchup like this I expect that game to me bigger and more important. Now if you lose to your rival that is horrible, but then you probably aren't a good team so you won't have the other big matchup.

Dude, THE U and ND transcend normal meanings. We hate each other, that is enough. There are 4 football programs that matter more than the rest: Miami, ND, Bama, and USC. You could argue to add OU to that but would need a long memory going back to Bud. Bama has most titles, ND has biggest name, USC and Miami the glitz and glamour to encase their titles. Everyone else, like OSU, psu, and those other schools in FL, just wishes - like all the Bball players wanted to be Mike. It is THE U vs ND add winning is probably going to playoffs and whatever game either is in will be the hottest ratings match. Each is playing to regain the Kingdom that they once ruled from Bama. That is very very much a rivalry.

Really enjoyed that article, but it makes it sound like the series ended because Miami joined the Big East. What really ended is that ND basically ended it because quite frankly Miami was beating them too often for their liking and just how hostile the 89 game was at the Orange Bowl. They were one of several programs that ended series with the Canes because of the beatings they were taking(Florida, Maryland, right off the top of my head)

Advertisement

this is a stupid take.

You've got like a week to prove you're not a worthless troll, fam.

You’re definitely 13 years old

Advertisement
Now that ND is in the ACC on a part time basis, we will be playing them on a more consistent basis.

It is a rivalry. ND fans STILL think the young men who represent our team are nothing but a bunch of inner city criminals. They are consistently overrated, underachieve, and the still think football is in the 1940's.

Whether its a top 10 matchup or not, ND vs. Miami matters.

I understand the younger fans not getting it, but after we keep playing them on a semi-consistent basis, you'll understand.

this is a stupid take.

You've got like a week to prove you're not a worthless troll, fam.
Your recent comments gave me the same vibe, fam... Privately, it appears you moderators should talk...different responses to the same posts.

Really enjoyed that article, but it makes it sound like the series ended because Miami joined the Big East. What really ended is that ND basically ended it because quite frankly Miami was beating them too often for their liking and just how hostile the 89 game was at the Orange Bowl. They were one of several programs that ended series with the Canes because of the beatings they were taking(Florida, Maryland, right off the top of my head)

Not only ND but all the football programs hated the *** whooping they got from us. they hated the swagger, they hated the brand, they hated that we stole the letter U for ourselves. This includes SI and the majority of sports commentators around the country. Fvck them all... Go Canes!

Advertisement
Back