ND is in

UF isn't beating Bama. No chance. The committee will try to find a way to get OSU in. I think it comes down to how badly Clemson beats down ND in the acc championship. If it's a slaughter like I think it will be, A&M will get the #4 spot over ND. I know everyone thinks ND is an irresistible choice for the playoff committee, but A&M is the #1 highest revenue program in CFB.

Cant leave out the most valuable team in the country.

ND is in over ATM if Bama wins out. theyve set it up that way and ND sole loss would be to a top 4 Clemson who they previously beat already.

Advertisement
If over any other program, I'd agree. But A&M is the #1 most valuable team in CFB. You can't leave out a money machine like that. First the SEC would raise ****, and the NCAA wouldn't want to **** off their golden goose. Second, you'll REALLY see the media's SEC love affair play out on national tv. The talking heads on ESPN and Fox would suddenly be talking about how ND's earlier victory over Clemson should be discounted because it wasn't against a healthy Clemson team (which is what a lot of have been saying, so then you'll see the media backing that up). Fair or unfair, they'll point to ND getting smashed in the ACC championship (going to happen) as evidence of what would have happened if TL had been at the helm earlier, and the committee will use that as justification to bring in 1 loss A&M over 1 loss ND.
I hope you’re right, I really do.

ND is in over ATM if Bama wins out. theyve set it up that way and ND sole loss would be to a top 4 Clemson who they previously beat already.

I have to disagree. The SEC brand is a lot more valuable to the NCAA than Notre Dame and it would be crazy to leave out the single most valuable team in CFB (A&M). Logically, if the #4 team beats the #2 team, then that means the #2 team wasnt as good as the #4 team at the end of the season. If the #5 teams only loss was an early season loss to the #1 team and they don't play again, then the #5 team should move ahead of the team that lost to the #4. And since TL didn't play, the playoff committee has a reasonable argument for discounting the earlier win.

1606948857840.png

That's it.
You guys got me now.
Time to go ad-free.

Advertisement
Our Canes have no one to blame but themselves.

All Ws on the ledger and its a different conversation.

It isn't a hard concept.

I have to disagree. The SEC brand is a lot more valuable to the NCAA than Notre Dame and it would be crazy to leave out the single most valuable team in CFB (A&M). Logically, if the #4 team beats the #2 team, then that means the #2 team wasnt as good as the #4 team at the end of the season. If the #5 teams only loss was an early season loss to the #1 team and they don't play again, then the #5 team should move ahead of the team that lost to the #4. And since TL didn't play, the playoff committee has a reasonable argument for discounting the earlier win.

ND is the better draw nationally and internationally tbh even if atm is a cash cow. i think youre overblowing the whole value thing. ND has proven to be more important to the NCAA time and time again and esp the CFP (they've appeared in two playoffs thus far) and have a large brand

Last edited:
Our Canes have no one to blame but themselves.

All Ws on the ledger and its a different conversation.

It isn't a hard concept.

Yes, if only the team that hasn't had a top 10 finish in 15 years, coming off a 6 win season, had gone on the road and beaten the team that has a Heisman winning QB and won the national title twice in the last 4 years. Not a lot to ask for. The team that took Miami's spot wouldn't have pulled that off either.

Had this been a non-COVID season, it certainly looks like Miami would have rolled into the ACC championship game undefeated since Clemson was not on the schedule. When you have a clear path to success and then someone arbitrarily changes the rules at the last second to make it exceedingly difficult to succeed (such as forcing you to go on the road to play one of the best teams of the last decade even though they weren't originally scheduled) it's reasonable to be upset and think you've been cheated.

The reality is that even if Clemson had beaten Notre Dame this year, Notre Dame was all but guaranteed the 2nd spot in the ACC championship because all the tiebreaker scenarios favored ND.

Miami players would be on their "A game" for ND because they are a hated rival. Maybe the most hated. It's just like most games between Canes and FSU, the records usually didn't matter. Both teams knew they were coming for blood. Miami has no real history with Clemson except an *** kicking and Clemson is one of the most dominant programs of the last decade. You could tell Miami played scared. On the flip side, Miami players know they can beat Book and ND because they have done it before and Manny Diaz took Brian Kellys lunch money. Psychology is a big part of football. A Miami team that felt disrespected by ND is more than capable of beating them as we've done it before. It's sad you believe so little in the team you claim to support.

They aren't the most hated rival for these players. They aren't even a rival, just a team we play on occasion. You're projecting what our old school fans feel with the Domers onto current day players who have only seen one win in the four times we've played since they've been alive. ****, we've only played five times in 30 years, that isn't a rival.

Now if you wanted to say we could get up for the game since we won three years ago, I might buy that. In token though, does that mean they went into the Clemson game with a losers attitude, already defeated before we even got underway? For comparison sake, we've played Clemson seven times during that time span, only two wins.

Clemson has manhandled our *** lately. We manhandled the Domers last time. We'll never know what this season would've brought had we played, but I don't there is no comparison to be made between '17 and this year. Those Domers are better and we're worse. Score comparisons between all the same opponents be damned. Clemson beat our common opponents by more than we did, then manhandled us. So what, they still lost to the Domers, even if depleted. They lose those players against us, it isn't that much closer.

Advertisement
If we can't be in the playoffs, I just hope ND, UF, and OSU aren't either.

I’d rather OSU than another overrated SEC team like Texas A&M

Either way we’re looking at another Clemson Bama final.. FML

I’d rather OSU than another overrated SEC team like Texas A&M

Either way we’re looking at another Clemson Bama final.. FML
But I still hate OSU more than the SEC.

Yes, if only the team that hasn't had a top 10 finish in 15 years, coming off a 6 win season, had gone on the road and beaten the team that has a Heisman winning QB and won the national title twice in the last 4 years. Not a lot to ask for. The team that took Miami's spot wouldn't have pulled that off either.

Had this been a non-COVID season, it certainly looks like Miami would have rolled into the ACC championship game undefeated since Clemson was not on the schedule. When you have a clear path to success and then someone arbitrarily changes the rules at the last second to make it exceedingly difficult to succeed (such as forcing you to go on the road to play one of the best teams of the last decade even though they weren't originally scheduled) it's reasonable to be upset and think you've been cheated.

The reality is that even if Clemson had beaten Notre Dame this year, Notre Dame was all but guaranteed the 2nd spot in the ACC championship because all the tiebreaker scenarios favored ND.
I agree it is alot to ask ofthe Canes, but nonetheless, each D1P5 team controls their own destiny to CFBPO. No matter Vandy or Alabama or Duke or Oregon St, whoever.

W and in.

Get an L, and you become a beggar squad hoping your brother's friend's sister's 3rd brother beats up so-and-so for you.

I do somewhat disagree on your point about ND. Everyone expected ND to lose to Clemson and at least one other game based on their past 30 year underperforming history. Its what ND does--not live up to the hype. Hasn't worked out that way this season so far, but I suspect a full strength Clemson is going to demolish them in the rematch.

The Coastal is there for Miami's taking next year, they just have to do what they haven't done in years--win. There is no magic.

Advertisement
If the NCAA has the choice they put in ND over aTm every single time. Their fan base is a much bigger draw for the NCAA compared to aTm

Advertisement
Back