NCAA Trying to Kill Transfer Portal (false alarm)

B/c it’s their right to do so. If u don’t understand that, I can’t help u. Throwing & hitting the ball is way different than getting hit. Furthermore, baseball has a farm system; very rare do u see a HS kid go straight from the draft to the MLB. The NFL does not have a farm system.

Listen, kids don’t have to play college football. The fact is they are getting an opportunity b/c of a sport that wouldn’t otherwise to be given to them. They can go chose to play in a start up league if they want. But u’re shooting urself in ur foot by ur own argument;

One one hand u’re stating that this all about control, but in reality this all about balance. U can’t make this grandiose argument when it comes to CFB, yet fail to acknowledge the NCAA’s other money maker, CBB. Kids are allowed to be one & done there, correct? So y isn’t the NCAA restricting them to stay there 3 yrs?

Again, a player staying in school for 3 yrs b4 entering the NFL draft have chit to do w/ the NCAA, & everything to do w the NFL own bylaws; that’s not an opinion, that’s a fact.

Once upon a time a Collegiate Ball player couldn’t leave for the NBA draft until 3 yrs removed from HS; why? B/c that was a NBA rule until they amended it. When they allowed HS players to come in, they saw that not only was their brand hurting, but for every Kobe & LBJ, there was a Kwame & Eddy Curry. So, they changed THEIR rules to be at least 1 yr removed.

Trying to validate an argument using MLB guidelines is not appropriate to this discussion b/c that’s literally an apples & tangerine comparison.
Dude, what are you stuck on? I never said a **** thing about players entering the NFL draft below the NFL's age rule. You went on a rant about that all on your own.

I said the NCAA shouldn't force players to have to declare once they are eligible. That is completely different.

Under the NFL rules a college junior can enter the draft. The NCAA controls whether the player loses their eligibility. Again, ZERO to do with age.

That is the entire point I made and you tried turn it into something about high school players. My reference to baseball was regarding how their amateur status is treated. FYI, if they don't sign out of high school, they are in the same boat as football waiting until their junior year for draft eligibility. The only difference is in how the NCAA determines their amateur status with the draft.

Advertisement
Are 15 & 16 yr olds adults? B/c they are allowed to be in the military in services in other countries.

And let me ask, what do u suggest? B/c to me, it appears u want a free for all market that literally doesn’t exist in any sport; so what’s ur suggestion?
You stuck on stupidity bro. I got to call it out.

When does a college student become an adult in your world?

Nobody is telling Timmy he shouldn't transfer to another school from the UM Business program. Nobody is saying he isn't an adult and incapable of making decisions for himself or that it is a bad decision.

An athlete is a student. They can make the same choices their peers make. This is just about control. You and the NCAA all worried about an athlete making a bad athletic decision when their 1st priority is academics, but nobody is concerned whether transferring would hinder the student athlete's academic career. After all, 99% of student athletes go onto a profession other than sports.

Just stop with the age BS. Again, I never made that argument. You took my post and twisted in the points you wanted to make and they still don't hold water.

Last edited:
Dude, what are you stuck on? I never said a **** thing about players entering the NFL draft below the NFL's age rule. You went on a rant about that all on your own.

I said the NCAA shouldn't force players to have to declare once they are eligible. That is completely different.

Under the NFL rules a college junior can enter the draft. The NCAA controls whether the player loses their eligibility. Again, ZERO to do with age.

That is the entire point I made and you tried turn it into something about high school players. My reference to baseball was regarding how their amateur status is treated. FYI, if they don't sign out of high school, they are in the same boat as football waiting until their junior year for draft eligibility. The only difference is in how the NCAA determines their amateur status with the draft.

This is what u said:

“Why do football players have to declare for the NFL, while baseball players are just drafted and then can make a decision? It's about control and collusion.”

What else is that to mean? U went on a tangent about the NCAA & I said this has nothing to do w/ the NCAA, and everything to do w/ The NFL. The NBA u have to declare as well. So again, this has nothing to do w the NCAA. That’s my entire point. I brought up age b/c that plays a factor in the NFL’s reasoning. They r not just going to “draft” a HS kid & allow them to make a decision to protect their brand. Do u get it, now?

You stuck on stupidity bro. I got to call it out.

When does a college student become an adult in your world?

An athlete is a student. They can make the same choices their peers make. This is just about control.

Nobody is telling Timmy he shouldn't transfer to another school from the UM Business program. Nobody is saying he isn't an adult and incapable of making decisions for himself or that it is a bad decision.

So, just stop with the age BS. Again, Inverness made thst argument. You took most post and twisted in the points you wanted to make and they still don't hold water.

Listen my g, have I disrespected u throughout this? No? Then don’t fcking disrespect me, homie. I’m not stuck on anything; I asked u a pointed ? in which u haven’t answered; what is ur solution?

And to answer ur ? more directly, an adult doesn’t equate to age. And if u don’t believe that, then go to talk to any clinical therapist & they’ll tell u have the word “adult” have been convoluted by society to equate to a person’s age.

But fck all that; what’s ur solution since this all about control & what’s the outcome u envision?

This is what u said:

“Why do football players have to declare for the NFL, while baseball players are just drafted and then can make a decision? It's about control and collusion.”

What else is that to mean? U went on a tangent about the NCAA & I said this has nothing to do w/ the NCAA, and everything to do w/ The NFL. The NBA u have to declare as well. So again, this has nothing to do w the NCAA. That’s my entire point. I brought up age b/c that plays a factor in the NFL’s reasoning. They r not just going to “draft” a HS kid & allow them to make a decision to protect their brand. Do u get it, now?
Baseball players are drafted in college after their junior year. I made several references to the NCAA treating baseball and football differently.

The NCAA doesn't control high school kids getting drafted. There is no reference to HS so that should have been out of the conversation completely. A college baseball player is only draft eligible after year 3 the same as football. Equal, but treated differently.

Advertisement
Listen my g, have I disrespected u throughout this? No? Then don’t fcking disrespect me, homie. I’m not stuck on anything; I asked u a pointed ? in which u haven’t answered; what is ur solution?

And to answer ur ? more directly, an adult doesn’t equate to age. And if u don’t believe that, then go to talk to any clinical therapist & they’ll tell u have the word “adult” have been convoluted by society to equate to a person’s age.

But fck all that; what’s ur solution since this all about control & what’s the outcome u envision?
Yes you have. You kept going on and about age which wasn't even a part of the post until you made it moving the goal post. I also have a nephew in the military so it sent fire through my body that he was somehow not an adult, but can give up his life.

It's just simple. Treat the student athlete like the student he or she is regarding rules. Don't put more restrictions on student athletes that aren't required by other students.

This is how we arrived at NIL. A regular student could go make as much money as they wanted in whatever endeavor. If a Business student on academic scholarship started a business making him/her a fortune, they didn't lose their scholarship. They were praised. That is something the NCAA got away with for decades until the Supreme Court stepped in.

Just treat athletes like students who get an academic scholarship. It's basically the same. The rules in athletics are just set up to control the product which is the athlete because they are driving the gravy train.

Last edited:
Yes you have. You kept going on and about age which wasn't even a part of the post until you made it moving the goal post. I also have a nephew in the military so it sent fire through my body that he was somehow not an adult, but can give up his life.

Again, what is ur solution?

👀

Attachments

• 2C719E86-6BD8-469A-8609-7D39BE027F56.gif
    2C719E86-6BD8-469A-8609-7D39BE027F56.gif
    485.9 KB · Views: 0
Advertisement
So nothing; thanks. Have a great one
Exactly. Don't fix a problem that isn't a problem.

The problems are the people trying to maintain power not the student athlete. They want to maximize the revenue by keeping players in place. After all, we don't want the star player transferring when there's a primetime game scheduled next year.

Like I said earlier, I think this about keeping players from transferring for big NIL deals.

Enjoy your night!!!

I like the transfer portal. I like NIL. I don’t like their combination. Would like a few adjustments made.

Advertisement
Back