NCAA Tournament Thread

1. I don't see Xavier as a 2 seed. So I dismissed A and C.
2. B. I would love to play Iona opener and the winner of Dayton v. Michigan.

X wont get a 2 seed 3/4 seed.
Id rather play Iona then Seton Hall right now.SH is playing very good at the right time.

Advertisement
Conventional wisdom says we're a #3 seed. I really wanted at least a #2 , because yes, it makes a big difference, but we're still in a good position to get to at least the Sweet 16. We just need to show up every single game.
That is a tall order and most frustrating part of this great season. When the team shows up we can beat anyone, they just rarely show up repeatedly.

Coach L will get them right and I think we have a good showing and like you said S16, but I don't see us stringing together more wins that that. Here is to hoping I am wrong.

If we play defense like we are capable AND rebound well (rarely has occurred)...we can play with anybody...including UNC, MSU, KY...anybody.

I don't what Larranaga is going to have to do, but he is going to have to find a way to get these guys to play tougher under the boards.

UM

You said it... IF !

If Michigan state is in our region as the 2 we are ****ed if we make it to the sweet16.

If MSU win the B10 Championship today. locks for a #1 seed
After watching Oregon blow out Utah,its hard to say they are not deserving of a # 1 seed (west)

I don't see how.

Kansas, UVA, UNC and MSU have better arguments IMO.
yea I don't think Oregon is going to be in it for a one seed neither Villanova has better chance IMO

If Michigan state is in our region as the 2 we are ****ed if we make it to the sweet16.

If MSU win the B10 Championship today. locks for a #1 seed
After watching Oregon blow out Utah,its hard to say they are not deserving of a # 1 seed (west)

I don't see how.

Kansas, UVA, UNC and MSU have better arguments IMO.

I would think the committee rewards a team for winning both regular season and conference tourney. Va cant make such a claim.
Its why i feel it'll be Oregon to go along with 7-1 vs RPI top 25

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
This is the perfect bracket for us. Kansas and Nova our top seeds. I love it

I agree...very winnable bracket for us. Not gonna be easy but I prefer it to other matchups for sure. Gonna have Arizona out the gate though.

Last edited:
I think it's a solid bracket for us to make the elite 8. But that second round game, whoever we get, will be very difficult.

Advertisement
Back