MEGA NCAA Tournament - Omaha Schedule on page 19

It wasn’t any of their fault. People just have to find someone to blame, it’s bonkers.
I don’t think you can blame anyone in particular, but it’s got to be caught. I know it’s hard in the twilight and if you don’t pick the ball up off the bat, you’re in trouble. Only guy that saw it all the way was the 1B.

Advertisement
I don’t think you can blame anyone in particular, but it’s got to be caught. I know it’s hard in the twilight and if you don’t pick the ball up off the bat, you’re in trouble. Only guy that saw it all the way was the 1B.
There was a pop up that dropped the same way during the Texas A&M v. Stanford regional game as well.

There was a pop up that dropped the same way during the Texas A&M v. Stanford regional game as well.
We used to practice this a fair amount playing in the Northeast. Our coach would get the equivalent to a jugs machine in baseball and fire those things so high in the air at the end of practice as twilight approached.

It also doesn’t help that the ball notoriously dies in Palo Alto at night, so a sky high, yet shallow pop up + the twilight background is a bad recipe. Just a horrible way to go out.

Saw a lot of blame on Campbell posted on twitter for that but didn't actually see what happened. Hard to blame 1 guy when RF and CF didn't see it.

Tough luck.
Yeah, I wasn’t blaming anyone, just a freakin wild ending and I guess happy it wasn’t us..lol

Yeah, I wasn’t blaming anyone, just a freakin wild ending and I guess happy it wasn’t us..lol
Absolutely.

BTW.. Wasn't saying you were blaming him.. I saw all the twitter reactions blaming him this morning but never saw the play happen. Your post was the first time I had watched it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Felt bad for the RF missing that fly at the end because the inning before, he threw an absolutely rope from deep right to 3B and gunned down a runner trying to tag up.

Advertisement
The final couple innings of this Oral Roberts-TCU game have been wild.

ORU’s closer trying his best to blow the game twice.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back