NCAA To Announce Punishment at 10am Today

Yes, I believe if we get a bowl ban issued, we would immediately appeal it and the punishment likely would be enforced the next year if the appeal is denied, if I remember reading that correctly a while ago. Now had that done it before the season started, it might have affected this year.
Someone clarify something for me. If, if, and that's a big if the NCAA gives us another bowl ban and we appeal, we still can play in the bowl this year right? Doesn't the appeal take a long time and you are eligible during your appeal? Didn't that happen with UCF?

Advertisement
Nice, this thread could potentially turn into a rehash of the entire case and how the NCAA tanked the investigation.

GIF that displays someone waiting enjoyably here.

@ByTimReynolds: The preliminary plan for tomorrow calls for NCAA to release the news, then Miami reacts. Assuming that means press conference in the Gables.

Someone clarify something for me. If, if, and that's a big if the NCAA gives us another bowl ban and we appeal, we still can play in the bowl this year right? Doesn't the appeal take a long time and you are eligible during your appeal? Didn't that happen with UCF?

The Hurricanes would have 15 days to submit in writing its intent to appeal any or all of the sanctions. If the Canes get another postseason ban (they already self-imposed bowl games after the 2011 and 2012 seasons, and the chance to play in the 2012 ACC title game), they could appeal it and pretty much ensure themselves the right to play in this postseason, as the appeals process takes several months.

Anything beyond probation is too much. I think Miami would tolerate some scholarship reductions to allow the NCAA to save face. UCF appealed their case and won, and they DID have lack of institutional control, not some crazy little ************ targeting the program.

Advertisement
Here we go again...IIRC from the last go round, doesn't the NCAA have to notify the school by 3pm of the day prior to release and at the same time inform the media that an announcement is pending. We need some insiders, please!

Well how the **** am I supposed to sleep tonight.

399.jpg

Here we go again...IIRC from the last go round, doesn't the NCAA have to notify the school by 3pm of the day prior to release and at the same time inform the media that an announcement is pending. We need some insiders, please!

A source with knowledge of the case told the Miami Herald that on Tuesday the NCAA will publicly reveal UM's infractions report. Shortly after the written report is released, protocol is that the NCAA will have a teleconference for the media only.

All UM's sanctions will be listed on the written report, with background on the case and a synopsis of why the punishments have been inflicted -- in other words, everything that the NCAA's Committee on Infractions says UM did wrong.

The school is informed of its specific penalties on the same day the media/public receives the information, just earlier. But with all the information that has been leaked over the past couple of years in this case, maybe UM knows a bit -- or more than a bit -- of what's coming.

No one outside of the NCAA and perhaps UM, and those who might get leaked the information, knows what's coming. UM could appeal all or part of its penalties.

The Canes are expected to get scholarship sanctions, and possibly coaching and recruiting restrictions. Some coaches who have moved on to other programs are expected to get Show Cause penalties, meaning they effectively will be barred from coaching in college for a set amount of years.

Some are wondering if any of the former players who were involved with the scandal will be barred from campus or from attending games, or if any victories or records will be vacated. The Canes could also be hit with financial penalties.

Advertisement
Thanks Caneshow....that is pretty much the jist of what i read before but it was a bunch more legal mumbo jumbo in it.

The Hurricanes would have 15 days to submit in writing its intent to appeal any or all of the sanctions. If the Canes get another postseason ban (they already self-imposed bowl games after the 2011 and 2012 seasons, and the chance to play in the 2012 ACC title game), they could appeal it and pretty much ensure themselves the right to play in this postseason, as the appeals process takes several months.

if the punishment involves a bowl ban, i predict our fearless leader will go into HAM mode and unleash a battalion of lawyers.

Our appeals process would last all of 3 days. They'd have the big DENIED stamp just waiting. NCAA should die

Advertisement
Was listening to 560 a little earlier and they said it'd be released today. They may be misinformed though. TOMORROW OR TODAY? C'mon people, don't make me PM whoop.

Anyways, o/u on pages? 50?

Is there anyway we can keep this in one thread mods? If tomorrow is the day, please keep it tight up in this piece.

Advertisement
Know what, **** it. Bowl ban us. FSU can be our bowl game. Take down the whole mutha fing NCAA after we go undefeated in season and get me a #1 AP ranking goin into the postseason

Advertisement
Back