NCAA Tidbits

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
A couple notes from people involved in the investigation:

- The NCAA is in town. The official who deposed Sean Allen showed up to hear him testify at Shapiro's bankruptcy proceedings. He was kicked out. From what I understand, nothing new was really said. Allen did testify that he knew nothing about Shapiro paying Daquan Jones, which is interesting considering recent events.

- Joe Pannunzio was interviewed by the NCAA again last week. They are looking into whether Shapiro used his ties to the program to get inside information for gambling. Pannunzio isn't concerned and is confident that the NCAA will see this whole thing for what it is. The most interesting takeaway is that he got the impression the NCAA is looking to wrap up the investigation soon.

- Aubrey Hill was also interviewed recently. Don't know what was said but he is also optimistic.

I'm still bitter about the Vernon "scoop" (member of the staff said he was returning) but this is coming straight from the most direct sources possible.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Appreciate your info. Of course it's never 100% dead on because things(and people) change but it's all good most of the time.

Advertisement
Hope they close this thing up before NSD. One way or another, want it out of the way to move on.

Well I guess two ways to look at it. If it gets wrapped up before NSD and doesn't turn out as well as we would like than we could lose some recruits. If it happens afterwards we may miss on some.

Isn't Brown basing his decision on the results of this?

Advertisement
Well I guess two ways to look at it. If it gets wrapped up before NSD and doesn't turn out as well as we would like than we could lose some recruits. If it happens afterwards we may miss on some.

Isn't Brown basing his decision on the results of this?

Yea, he said he wasn't coming if he didn't know what was going on

Good point Andrew. I still would rather know for me and to be honest, the kids also. The kids deserve a right to know, whether they come or not. I think it only fair to them to be honest. The NCAA owes it to them more than Miami. I know that don't sound good for us the Canes; however, the kids should have the best picture possible for their decisions.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sean Allen better known as "Pee Wee" was a patsy. Its hard to believe he is one of the central figures of this case. I know Pee Wee, he was a nice kid from New Orleans, but a nobody and easy prey for a guy like Shapiro. Pee Wee worked as a manager on the equipment staff. Like most college kids he liked to drink (a lot) and the strip club. Shapiro would hang around Pee Wee, which is very sad, buy him liquor and take him to the strip club. Shapiro hired Pee Wee to run errands - i.e., get his car washed, dry cleaning, go to the bank, etc. When it all began to crash for Shapiro, he had Pee Wee calling people begging to borrow money. The bottom line, Pee Wee had no influence within the program and it is sad he is a big part of this case. Like I said, Pee Wee was a sweet kid, but a nobody. He was not in a position to broker any deals with coaches, players or anyone else.

Do you have any idea as to the length of these proceedings? If the NCAA is going to dovetail its investigation off of this, then we could be waiting a while for any resolution.

Advertisement
Back