NCAA Selections Noon ESPN2

I think it may be Ligon. We'd better not take anyone for granted the way we've played recently. You go w Johnny Wholestaff on Sunday thru Monday if necessary. And McFarlane will have to play a key role this weekend if we're to advance.
Ligon doesn't give me confidence either. He's been shakey his last few starts, but I get your thinking.

Advertisement
I would expect Ligon game 1. You can’t throw Garland. His been blown up for a month in midweek.

The biggest problem with this team the last month has been starting pitching not making it out of the third inning so frequently. The bullpen is good but they can’t come in that early all the time. Assuming we can beat Canisius with Ligon, I like our shot in game 2 with Palmquist.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Advertisement
I’m not against Garland going game 1, but you can’t lose it. Bats gotta show up to make everything easier.
Either way works. I'm more confident in the bullpen than I am with Ligon and Rosario. So, it makes sense to maximize our bullpen where 4-5 bullpen arms are going to pitch in 3-5 games.

This could get us through the regionals and supers, but not having your starters go 5-7 innings won't play in Omaha.

You gotta go Ligon, Palm, and if you’re 2-0 go Rosario for 3 innings and bullpen. I would much rather pull Rosario before he implodes. It’s not if that happens, it’s when. Get out in front of it.
This is probably still it for me. I might be a little more open to Garland if he’d pitched better the last month or so.

Part of me worries with Gino’s tendency to manage to cover himself since the Sunday game against North Dakota State that he’ll start Palm Friday.

This is probably still it for me. I might be a little more open to Garland if he’d pitched better the last month or so.

Part of me worries with Gino’s tendency to manage to cover himself since the Sunday game against North Dakota State that he’ll start Palm Friday.
If he starts Palm Friday he should be shown the door that night. I know it’s must win, but if the 6 seed can’t beats school most people have never heard of, it was fake anyway.

But yea you can’t trust Garland. If our offense was in midseason form it would be ok but they aren’t.

Best case is Ligon goes 5 and we’re up 10. You throw lesser bullpen guys to finish. Palm goes 6 to Ziehl and Walters. Then you got Rosario, Gallo and Mac to get to Walters for the Supers berth. Just can’t afford to use our best guys in game 1. We don’t have the depth to recover.

Advertisement
On the NCAA website it looks like noon on ESPN+ Friday with Arizona-Ole Miss at 7pm on ESPNU
This may be smart with the weather. You have more time to get your game in and the other game is the one that risks getting delayed to Saturday.

Gino starting Palm on Friday would be overkill. If Gino does that, it's a losing proposition not putting our best arm against the best team.

I get the Garland apprehension. If feel that way with Ligon and Rosario. You just don't know what your going to get.

Rosario pitched well in the regional last year against South Alabama. That should help him. I worry about Ligon. He's had the deer int the headlights the last few outings.

This may be smart with the weather. You have more time to get your game in and the other game is the one that risks getting delayed to Saturday.
Do we get to choose as the host #1 seed or does the NCAA dictate who plays when?

Advertisement
Do we get to choose as the host #1 seed or does the NCAA dictate who plays when?
Historically yes, and hosts have trended towards scheduling themselves early the last few years. It’s also possible ESPN said we want that other game in primetime.

Gino starting Palm on Friday would be overkill. If Gino does that, it's a losing proposition not putting our best arm against the best team.

I get the Garland apprehension. If feel that way with Ligon and Rosario. You just don't know what your going to get.

Rosario pitched well in the regional last year against South Alabama. That should help him. I worry about Ligon. He's had the deer int the headlights the last few outings.
In truth, I don’t trust any of three of them. I do see an upside with going Garland, but probably still go Ligon.

Advertisement
Ugh, why not just regular ESPN streaming, it’s like they’re trying to limit college baseball viewership.
No kidding. So, I need an ESPN+ subscription just to watch when I already pay for every sports channel under the sun? And ESPN's website shows UF vs FSU later that day - huh? UF is a #1 seed, FSU a 3.

Advertisement
Back