NCAA revenues down FIFTY PERCENT in 2020

March madness cancelled

also the national championship game I think is being reported was a flop on views... not shocking no one cares about Alabama winning in a snooze fest
I am pretty sure that the revenue for the national championship game is not based on the current year's views, but rather this year's lower viewership could impact future years revenue as it impacts the rights fee for broadcasting and how much they can charge ahead of time for ads.

Advertisement
The CFP? Lol what?

So your saying the NCAA doesn’t take anything from the contract deals, sponsorships etc??
The NCAA doesn’t control the postseason for top-tier college football. That’s handled instead by various bowls and the CFP, which distributes revenue through a series of payments. The biggest checks go to the conferences—last season each Power Five league received roughly $66 million, while the five other FBS conferences split a pool worth roughly $90 million. There’s a small amount for the few independents, extra money for specific bowl participation and a cut for FCS conferences. In total, last year’s distribution was around $479 million.

1611621397883.png

EDIT: I missed the part about sponsorships. Even if they do, I am sure that it pales in comparison to the $600M+ they make off of March Madness.

EDIT #2: This article is a few years old, but discusses how the Division 1 football championship came to be the only championship not controlled by the NCAA and how the Power 5 really benefitted from it the most: https://www.forbes.com/sites/bdavid...n-expose-of-selfish-interest/?sh=4cd0baae4e1a

Last edited:
Advertisement
Top line down but probably made 99% profit margin with all the free labor. Don’t worry, bet Emmert and his cronies still got a raise.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back