NCAA revenues down FIFTY PERCENT in 2020

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
I think the NCAA really profits big time off of the basketball tournament. not sure how much they make on football since its run by the separate conferences who agree to be bound by the NCAA or something

so a few years back, the ncaa made about a 1 billion, but almost 800 mill came from the tournament. the rest were from ticket sales and marketing endorsements (smaller figures). they then pay conferences for each game each of their member school plays in. I know NCAA makes money off of the d2, d3 football but not sure on the amount from d1 (there is no NCAA football championship which is the case for basketball and lower level football).

Last edited:
I haven’t had a chance to read it, is this all revenue, or just revenue from basketball?
Basically the basketball effect. It is a fiscal year audit so it would have included the 2019 football season, which was intact. The spillover effect was that colleges received $400 million less in revenue from the NCAA.

Advertisement
Good, since they always want to slam Miami while letting the SEC and others skate on any and everything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
March madness cancelled

also the national championship game I think is being reported was a flop on views... not shocking no one cares about Alabama winning in a snooze fest
The ncaa doesn’t make any money from the playoffs. The cfp and conferences do

Advertisement
Back