NCAA - NO UNIFORM RETURN TO SPORTS...IS THIS THE END?

Per this ESPN article, NCAA president Mark Emmert won't mandate a uniform start dste for college sports leaving it up to each state to decide when and if they have sports.
With each state making its own decision, how is there going to be a college football season? It only takes 1 or 2 schools not opening for football to ruin the schedule and season.

By not having a uniform start date, at minimum this all but guarantees trying to have a college football season is going to be messy.

Your thoughts?

I'mma just start posting this link every time someone starts another Little Old Lady from Pasadena, nailbiting "are we gonna play football" thread.

1589389992635.png

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
There are 65 schools in P5, 129 in FBS total. Its terribly hard to reschedule when other teams have spots that open up on their schedule as well, especially in-conference play. For example:

If by some weird decision, the state of NC decides no football, but the ACC still goes with non Carolina schools, Miami would be left with 3 holes in their schedule (UNC, Duke, Wake). You grab the 2 Atlantic teams that have UNC/Duke as cross division opponent for this year , and replace them with Miami, and you only play 7 conference games instead of 8. 12th game gets nulled with the rest of the country or is filled by a "Conference Showdown" from other teams that lost a whole state.
You could literally have a situation where a team doesn't play a game for 5 weeks, just because of how the opponents (who elect not to play) fell.

What does ACC do if a school says no?

Will they all fall into line.

You know SEC wants to move the season start UP.

😀

Advertisement
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ says yes there will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ACC, SEC, Big whatever OU is in, plus OSU and ND. Does football really need anything more than that?

Advertisement
There are 65 schools in P5, 129 in FBS total. Its terribly hard to reschedule when other teams have spots that open up on their schedule as well, especially in-conference play. For example:

If by some weird decision, the state of NC decides no football, but the ACC still goes with non Carolina schools, Miami would be left with 3 holes in their schedule (UNC, Duke, Wake). You grab the 2 Atlantic teams that have UNC/Duke as cross division opponent for this year , and replace them with Miami, and you only play 7 conference games instead of 8. 12th game gets nulled with the rest of the country or is filled by a "Conference Showdown" from other teams that lost a whole state.

If ACC messes around, SEC will jump in and take Clemson and FSU before season starts -- I'd say Miami but our panty waist administration would say no. Much litigation to follow but SEC is serious about football.

Advertisement
Red states will play ball.

Blue states won't.

Not sure why you guys make it harder than it is. Been shaping up this way for several weeks. The SEC is playing football this fall. 10000000%. The PAC-12 is not. Just thank your lucky stars DeSantis beat the meth bottom boy or else we'd be watching everyone else play football in the next few months and our kids would be sheltered in place.

And full disclosure, I know NOTHING about politics, and nothing interests me less. They're ALL piece of **** scumbags. Every single one. But I'm not a moron and it's plain as day to see. Southern, red states are opening. We'll play. Northern blue states are extending lockdowns. They won't. Simple as that.

Red states will play ball.

Blue states won't.

Not sure why you guys make it harder than it is. Been shaping up this way for several weeks. The SEC is playing football this fall. 10000000%. The PAC-12 is not. Just thank your lucky stars DeSantis beat the meth bottom boy or else we'd be watching everyone else play football in the next few months and our kids would be sheltered in place.

And full disclosure, I know NOTHING about politics, and nothing interests me less. They're ALL piece of **** scumbags. Every single one. But I'm not a moron and it's plain as day to see. Southern, red states are opening. We'll play. Northern blue states are extending lockdowns. They won't. Simple as that.
👆👆👆👆 This...

Advertisement
Back