NCAA - NO UNIFORM RETURN TO SPORTS...IS THIS THE END?

Number1CanesFan

Sophomore
Per this ESPN article, NCAA president Mark Emmert won't mandate a uniform start dste for college sports leaving it up to each state to decide when and if they have sports.
With each state making its own decision, how is there going to be a college football season? It only takes 1 or 2 schools not opening for football to ruin the schedule and season.

By not having a uniform start date, at minimum this all but guarantees trying to have a college football season is going to be messy.

With Emmert folding his hand it's up to conferences to make a decision. Someone has to lead.

Assuming there's going to be football, when will the start?

When will team's resume the Spring practices that some got more than others?

When will Fall practice start?

These questions need to be answered in the next month. The ACC needs to get all the states in the conference on the same page.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Advertisement
IMiW.gif

Advertisement
Per this ESPN article, NCAA president Mark Emmert won't mandate a uniform start dste for college sports leaving it up to each state to decide when and if they have sports.
With each state making its own decision, how is there going to be a college football season? It only takes 1 or 2 schools not opening for football to ruin the schedule and season.

By not having a uniform start date, at minimum this all but guarantees trying to have a college football season is going to be messy.

Your thoughts?

There are 65 schools in P5, 129 in FBS total. Its terribly hard to reschedule when other teams have spots that open up on their schedule as well, especially in-conference play. For example:

If by some weird decision, the state of NC decides no football, but the ACC still goes with non Carolina schools, Miami would be left with 3 holes in their schedule (UNC, Duke, Wake). You grab the 2 Atlantic teams that have UNC/Duke as cross division opponent for this year , and replace them with Miami, and you only play 7 conference games instead of 8. 12th game gets nulled with the rest of the country or is filled by a "Conference Showdown" from other teams that lost a whole state.

Advertisement
There are 65 schools in P5, 129 in FBS total. Its terribly hard to reschedule when other teams have spots that open up on their schedule as well, especially in-conference play. For example:

If by some weird decision, the state of NC decides no football, but the ACC still goes with non Carolina schools, Miami would be left with 3 holes in their schedule (UNC, Duke, Wake). You grab the 2 Atlantic teams that have UNC/Duke as cross division opponent for this year , and replace them with Miami, and you only play 7 conference games instead of 8. 12th game gets nulled with the rest of the country or is filled by a "Conference Showdown" from other teams that lost a whole state.
Like I said, it's going to be messy. Rather than everyone having a makeshift season, I'd rather postpone the season to start at a later date where everyone can participate and we can have some normality.

Sounds great on paper. A logistical nightmare in reality.

Your thoughts?

One guess what SEC country decides.

I believe ACC follows suit. Big 10 and 12...hmmmmm.

PAC 12 i guess we see them take the field in 2030 in bubble wrap.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that the PAC12 is probably ****ed.

FCS programs who signed on to get whacked for big checks are ****ed.

I'm guessing 9 game regular season. Non-conference games will be limited.

Bowl games will be cut by 2/3rds.

That's what I believe.

Advertisement
Back