NCAA grants extra year of eligibility

Advertisement
This looks like it’ll expand the RS rule to 6 or 7 games depending on how they define “the maximum number of competitions allowed.”

Looks like whoever plays this year will get an extra year if they play in half or less of the max number of games. Will they judge the max number of games on a typical season length or on the number from this season?

Advertisement
**** there's their way out. Crossing my fingers the ACC can hold it together!

1. From the looks of this post it’s just a recommendation, nothing has been implemented yet.

2. Could be read as designed to punish the BIG3+ conferences for playing. Rather than wiping this whole year clean, guys who play will in this Frankenstein season will get treated like it was a normal year.

But I am in the Uber Cynics Glee Club.

Advertisement
We’ll see what happens if they actually change limits. What’s left of the NCAA isn’t going to want to help the Big 12, ACC and SEC at the expense of burying the other conferences but the Big 12, SEC and ACC/Notre Dame have far more leverage and value then the Big 10 and PAC 12. Those 3 conferences together can tell the NCAA to take a hike and dictate terms.

We’ll see what happens if they actually change limits. What’s left of the NCAA isn’t going to want to help the Big 12, ACC and SEC at the expense of burying the other conferences but the Big 12, SEC and ACC/Notre Dame have far more leverage and value then the Big 10 and PAC 12. Those 3 conferences together can tell the NCAA to take a hike and dictate terms.
They're trying to save what little dignity they had left. Futile effort...

If they give a 6 game limit for redshirts, we should just play everyone 6 games. NCAA, meet middle finger. Well, everyone that's NOT planning on going pro after the 2020 season. Those guys can play every game. ;)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bro this is nuts, such a reactionary move by the NCAA. It’s good I guess but you’re just ******** the players who are waiting their turn to start.

I know it’s been stated on here before but how are you so inept that you literally don’t have a plan of attack or even an attempt at a season from March. It’s just a slap in the face to all the programs and players that put in place a serious protocol from then til now

Now starts the hard push to have the remaining three pull the plug. The NCAA can’t allow themselves, and the other two conferences, to sustain a huge black eye for canceling while the others play a healthy and successful season
Yes they can. They Puzzies.

Advertisement
Back