NCAA football players are slaves

CaneSuger

Thunderdome
Unpaid manual labor.

Now they are trying to strong arm FORMER players in to doing what they want as well. They just can't accept that they don't control these men any longer.

62.gif

Advertisement
It probably isn't fair to players, but any Miami fan that wants players to start getting paid (above board) is delusional. If you think we have trouble hanging with the schools with money now, wait until they are allowed to start openly paying players.

Completely agree %1000000!!!

Rich people praying on student athletes making billions and then punishing them if they get some scraps thrown their way at the dinner table. Tell somebody they have to work their *** off to make you look good and they can't have a job while doing it and then wonder why they might take some money when they are superstar and deserve to be paid? It's a total scam! This is completely anti-American. If those kids are getting money it's because what they produce due to their god given talent is worth it.

They said something yesterday because ND is #1 the cheapest ticket price for the BCS title game is like $1100. Ain't that some ****.

The only problem with this concept is that THEY ARE FREE TO LEAVE AT ANY TIME.

Advertisement
It probably isn't fair to players, but any Miami fan that wants players to start getting paid (above board) is delusional. If you think we have trouble hanging with the schools with money now, wait until they are allowed to start openly paying players.

BS! Nobody is saying pay these kids huge salaries but they should be paid. They have no time to hold a job. They work their tails off and deserve to have a little coin in their pockets. Also, Miami isn't having any trouble hanging with the schools now. That's complete nonsense! Just as bad as the myth that Miami doesn't pay it's coaching staffs.

No, no they're not! Their football career is basically over if they choose not to jump through the hoops that is the NCAA. And even when they jump through the hoops there's no guarantee. Once entering college they also have to wait three years before they can go pro. Your anytime argument is completely false.

This is the first time I've had this thought and I'm not sure how I feel about it completely but wanted to throw it out there for discussion...

The vast majority of Universities in FBS D1 are public universities, meaning that Tax payer money is what is used for all these athletics costs (scholarships etc.). Would you still feel that players needed to get paid if it comes out of your wallets.

I personally don't want my taxes going to help UF, FSU and other state schools out recruit us.
Same applies if they allow booster donations for this it would give an unfair advantage to the deep rooted and old money schools.

I would love to hear your thoughts.

Advertisement

No, no they're not! Their football career is basically over if they choose not to jump through the hoops that is the NCAA. And even when they jump through the hoops there's no guarantee. Once entering college they also have to wait three years before they can go pro. Your anytime argument is completely false.

Sounds like every kid who chooses to attend college or doesn't attend college. The anytime argument is meant to mean they are not SLAVES because SLAVES we're FORCED INTO BONDAGE.

Advertisement
Back