NC State (Game 3) 1pm ACCNX

been a long time since I’ve seen a team hit the **** out of the ball like this in a big league sized park Every mistake pitch we make. They are teeing off on

Advertisement
I wish we had another obvious leadoff option because Lala is striking out way too much. He's far too fixated on getting the pitch count up. I'd also like to see us look for a pitch up in the zone when a guy is on first with less than 2 outs
Completely agree. I've been saying it all season. Glad someone else agrees. 237 BA out of the leadoff spot isn't gna cut it and feels like he Ks way too much

I agree on Lala k rate. But he’s getting plunked a ton and getting on. His hitting has been bad dating back to last season

it looks like early freshman Lala was an anomaly

Advertisement
Today we've been getting some guys on but why is it that we can't get that rbi hit or clutch hit after...

Good Fast effort by Born to beat out the DP, **** shame he gets hurt, but applause here

These aren’t just breaking balls, these are hanging breaking balls early in count for 3 straight days with no adjustments at the plate. It’s so frustrating to watch

Advertisement
Completely agree. I've been saying it all season. Glad someone else agrees. 237 BA out of the leadoff spot isn't gna cut it and feels like he Ks way too much
Lala has too big of swing. I don't like it. He strides off his from heel then pulls the bat thru like a homerun hitter. It's a slower longer swing that will result in more strikeouts and lower batting average.

I love how when we score the other team answers every time.

But when the other team scores we go down in order.

As a Miami baseball fan for decades, the last two being ugly baseball 90% of the time. I wish we played like nc state. One can dream

Sorry, this Review Booth sucks, supposed to be Obvious to Overturn, that was NOT

Advertisement
So miami has had leadoff single then immediately ground into DP. Then leadoff single with a ADC force and Toral K. Now a leadoff single followed by a Born force and Pitelli strike em out throw em out...most unclutch hitting team I can remember in a while

Advertisement
This team makes me want to vomit at times. That was such an incredibly embarrassing series of events to let him get to 2nd

These aren’t just breaking balls, these are hanging breaking balls early in count for 3 straight days with no adjustments at the plate. It’s so frustrating to watch
We just flail at offspeed pitching and I'm starting to think that Gino's hitting philosophy is hurting the team.

For the record, I don't know his hitting philosophy. I'm basing it on what I've seen historically over the past several seasons.

Traditionally, this team takes a lot of pitches. They look to hit the fastball. By taking so many offspeed pitches, I tend to believe they don't practice hitting offspeed pitches. They may for drills, but if your philosophy is to take braking balls you don't hit them during intrasquad games let alone real games.

Advertisement
Back