NC State (Game 3) 1pm ACCNX

Last week VTech
Friday and Saturday losses to UF last year @home
Louisville game in 2019 where we scored 6-0 in 1st
UNC game in 2019 Acc tourney that cost us from hosting after we jumped out to a lead

I’ll make sure to start taking detailed notes so I can deal with your bull**** call out culture moving forward. This fanbase cracks me up.
Vatech for sure

Advertisement
Lmao, you were talking about this year and you pull out games from 2 seasons ago???? Yeah you are right, over 3 seasons he has made some bullpen mistakes that cost us 5 games. Smdh , Gtfoh with your Bs negative ****. This fanbase on here is do bad.
No. Fans like you that come in here and pump your chest after beating a decent nc state squad is what’s so bad. Same **** happens on baseball, basketball, and football board so I don’t blame just you. It’s a collective effort from a bunch of fans who accept mediocrity at the highest level at the university of Miami. Something happened with this fanbase that I will never understand. Critiquing the team or coaches is now looked down upon in this program even though we have limited accolades in any of the 3 major sports over last decade and a half. Fans wear their “I’ll never critique this program” with a badge of honor and I simply don’t get it. Especially when every fan on here eats and breathes cane athletics

No. Fans like you that come in here and pump your chest after beating a decent nc state squad is what’s so bad. Same **** happens on baseball, basketball, and football board so I don’t blame just you. It’s a collective effort from a bunch of fans who accept mediocrity at the highest level at the university of Miami. Something happened with this fanbase that I will never understand. Critiquing the team or coaches is now looked down upon in this program even though we have limited accolades in any of the 3 major sports over last decade and a half. Fans wear their “I’ll never critique this program” with a badge of honor and I simply don’t get it. Especially when every fan on here eats and breathes cane athletics
There is nothing for us to "accept". We are fans. We have no control over any of this. If you don't "accept" what you're watching, stop watching it. That's all there is to it. That's the only choice, and it's not that hard a choice. This is a hobby, so if you don't "accept" it, just find another hobby. No one is forcing you to follow the team.

The rest of us will look for the positives, even when there aren't many, and hope for the best. Why be any other way as a fan? This is supposed to be fun. Tomorrow, at work, you can be a mope. When your wife complains about you not helping around the house, you can be a mope. When you have a health problem, you can be a mope. But don't be a mope about the one thing in your life that exists purely for your entertainment and is supposed to be fun.

There is nothing for us to "accept". We are fans. We have no control over any of this. If you don't "accept" what you're watching, stop watching it. That's all there is to it. That's the only choice, and it's not that hard a choice. This is a hobby, so if you don't "accept" it, just find another hobby. No one is forcing you to follow the team.

The rest of us will look for the positives, even when there aren't many, and hope for the best. Why be any other way as a fan? This is supposed to be fun. Tomorrow, at work, you can be a mope. When your wife complains about you not helping around the house, you can be a mope. When you have a health problem, you can be a mope. But don't be a mope about the one thing in your life that exists purely for your entertainment and is supposed to be fun.
All we’re doing on here is having conversation about the game while it’s happening. It’s a game thread for ***** sakes. The entire point is to talk about the game as it goes on. I’m ecstatic that we beat UF and nc state this season. And we did that while not playing welll. I’m responding to a guy that comes in here every week and “calls out” posts in here that are said during the game. Everyone in here loves this team, and wants them to succeed. If you don’t want to see us critique the squad don’t go into the game threads.

Advertisement

^^This should be posted at the top of every sports board on this site so we have a reminder of how we got into this mess as an athletic department. If this is supposed to be fun and is only meant for entertainment, then stop charging admission, stop soliciting donations, and stop claiming that we are "building champions".

I became a Miami Hurricanes fan as a kid during the 1985 College World Series. That lead to me to attending and graduating from UM. I would walk from Pearson by myself to watch games in the early 90's. UM baseball has been a part of my life for literally 35+ years. I've traveled to Regionals and Super Regionals and the ACC Tournament and the College World Series.

So excuse me if I'm not happy that daddy's money landed a job for someone who ran all of that in the ground. Respectfully, if this is just for fun and doesn't mean anything, ignore the people who care. You literally are more upset at other posters than you are at mediocre UM sports teams. That's bizarre.

21 by draft day or 3 years removed from high school
It used to be "or turns 21 within 45 days of draft day". I know it's splitting hairs, but if that is still the case, it basically captures anyone turning 21 before late August this year.

Either way, we're still safe w Rosario and Yoyo if PG has their ages listed correctly.

It used to be "or turns 21 within 45 days of draft day". I know it's splitting hairs, but if that is still the case, it basically captures anyone turning 21 before late August this year.

Either way, we're still safe w Rosario and Yoyo if PG has their ages listed correctly.
Certainly hope so, they are looking good. Great job getting these two here. Given all the negativity, surpised our coaches were able to get these kids here ....Just kidding!

All we’re doing on here is having conversation about the game while it’s happening. It’s a game thread for ***** sakes. The entire point is to talk about the game as it goes on. I’m ecstatic that we beat UF and nc state this season. And we did that while not playing welll. I’m responding to a guy that comes in here every week and “calls out” posts in here that are said during the game. Everyone in here loves this team, and wants them to succeed. If you don’t want to see us critique the squad don’t go into the game threads.
You dont like the comments about your bashing, just scroll on by! See it works both ways huh? I will try not to let the stupidity and total BS not bother me in the future, promise. Might even block you, snowflake whining about call out posts - to the guy who is calling out teenagers!

Advertisement
^^This should be posted at the top of every sports board on this site so we have a reminder of how we got into this mess as an athletic department. If this is supposed to be fun and is only meant for entertainment, then stop charging admission, stop soliciting donations, and stop claiming that we are "building champions".

I became a Miami Hurricanes fan as a kid during the 1985 College World Series. That lead to me to attending and graduating from UM. I would walk from Pearson by myself to watch games in the early 90's. UM baseball has been a part of my life for literally 35+ years. I've traveled to Regionals and Super Regionals and the ACC Tournament and the College World Series.

So excuse me if I'm not happy that daddy's money landed a job for someone who ran all of that in the ground. Respectfully, if this is just for fun and doesn't mean anything, ignore the people who care. You literally are more upset at other posters than you are at mediocre UM sports teams. That's bizarre.

Get a grip dude.

Get a grip dude.

That's your comeback?

You have to realize that when it comes to college sports, your mindset is in the minority. "Hey, at least we got a shake and the Maniac came by" might be enough for some people, but there are bigger stakes than that.

No. Fans like you that come in here and pump your chest after beating a decent nc state squad is what’s so bad.
It's understandable how this could trigger you given what you've said in this very thread.

As a Miami baseball fan for decades, the last two being ugly baseball 90% of the time. I wish we played like nc state. One can dream
I don't think there's ever been a single post as ridiculous as this one and there's a lot of competition for that title on this board.

Advertisement
This is such a dumb way to think about baseball, on multiple levels.

First, not all "3 phases" are of equal importance. Pitching is much more important than defense. Miami having better pitching than NC St and NC St having better defense (in your opinion) is advantage-Miami.

Second, being "better" at a phase is mostly irrelevant. What matters is the magnitude of the advantage. NC St may have a better offense than Miami, but the gap isn't huge. On the other hand, NC St's pitching is dramatically worse than Miami's. NC St ran some pitchers out there that didn't look like they belonged in D1, and very few of their guys were impressive (unlike VT). For all of Miami's struggles on the mound this season, the team still has its fair share of studs, and a number of other guys with solid upside.

I don't think Miami is much better than NC St, but I think NC St is a solid tournament team, was at home, and was playing with a chip on its shoulder after last weekend (GT should be a top 5 team tomorrow). And Miami battled all weekend and took 2 out of 3.

Solid start to the year for Gino and the Canes.
Such a good post.

Can't be reiterated enough.

The defense marms seemingly just like to wax poetic about fundamentals than actually understand the mechanics of a baseball game.

Advertisement
Not that much better on offense? We’re talking about the best lineup in the ACC against the 13th best, as of today. Will it stay that way all year? Honestly idk but I prefaced these facts as “current.”
NC State has played 33% of their games against Davidson and Campbell.

In ACC games only, they're middle of the pack (6th and 7th) in AVG/OBP/SLG.

It's understandable how this could trigger you given what you've said in this very thread.

I don't think there's ever been a single post as ridiculous as this one and there's a lot of competition for that title on this board.
ahhh yes! Here they come! Like flies on ****! Yes, as a life long Miami baseball fan I wish we played as fundamentally sound as NC State. A team that has 4 errors on the year! We have that in a Friday night game. I will leave it at that because anyone that knows the game and watched them at the plate this weekend would say they have far better approaches than we do.

Advertisement
Back