NC State - 2/5

I would not be THAT surprised if we've seen our last victory this year. Even better chance of finishing last in the ACC. It's likely down to us and Wake.

Advertisement

38 points combined by the 3 freshmen. The rest of this season is about winning and trying to make it to the NIT so the freshmen can play more games and gain more experience.

Last edited:
No way. And, if healthy, L will never go for that (nor should he)! This team needs every point it can score just to have a chance. You see how we play when Chris and Kam are out. Very badly.
We have scored more points offensively since they've been out AND looked light years better offensively since they have been out because of: SPACING, BALL MOVEMENT, AND HIGH LOW. Put Lykes in the game and all of that is gone IMMEDIATELY

No way. And, if healthy, L will never go for that (nor should he)! This team needs every point it can score just to have a chance. You see how we play when Chris and Kam are out. Very badly.

Due to the groin injury, I would like to see Chris have his minutes reduced so he makes it through the rest of the season.
Groin injuries are easily aggravated so Coach L should not play him 30 plus minutes when he returns.
The team is better with all players healthy and contributing.

Cut it as close as 3 but twice our bigs intentionally swatted rebounds backwards toward midcourt and both times they went too far and turned into gift fast breaks for NC State. Those plays essentially ended the game.

One was by Walker. Regardless, I liked seeing him out there for an extended stretch. Sure he's beyond raw but makes no sense he's been trusted so little.

This was a logical result. We won as 3.5 home underdogs a week ago to Virginia Tech and now were 3.5 home underdogs again. Assignments like that mean you're a weak team. Very seldom do teams win twice consecutively as home underdogs.

I'm amazed how the atmosphere has changed in two short years. There used to be good crowds and long lines filing in and out. I remember being stuck in the parking garage for 20-30 minutes after the game. Now it's a leisurely stroll with big gaps between one person and the next.
The atmosphere is absolutely depressing. There couldn't have been more than 1k people in the stands last night for an ACC game! You can hear the sneaker squeaks, coaches, players, and refs quite well in person and on TV. I don't blame a guy like Vernon Carey Jr for not coming here. What top recruit wants to play in front of less people than he did in high school?

I know Miami is a bandwagon town, yada yada. Believe me, I've been to my fair share of poorly attended Canes hoops games. But this season has by far been the most sparsely attended under L, and it's not even close.

Advertisement
I'm a Larranaga fan but ... at almost every other (all?) ACC schools, that level of lack of support/attendance would be a cause in itself to fire the HC. The fact that it apparently is not at UM does not say good things about the program or necessarily bode all that well for its future.

I’m in favor of sitting McGusty and Lykes the rest of the year and letting the freshman play. This season is lost and we need young the kids to get all the experience they can. We are finally seeing the improvement we wanted out of them and that needs to continue. It’s time to play for the future.

Advertisement
Back